Someone once said only the little people pay taxes

Started by cromwell, October 14, 2020, 10:55:32 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
You could be right Ollie, although I tend to think that you are either a priest or a minister and I am a rabbi :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0UhpAFrlrw
Greetings Rabbi Goldberg,happily I'm not at all religious,coming from a family divided by Protestant and Catholics I've had a bellyful and wouldn be seen dead in a church....not even when I am.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2020, 10:55:32 AMShould've added and obey the law too,Cummings a serial offender with a charmed life.
. . . on account of knowing too many things about too many other people.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2020, 10:56:16 PM

If you don't you find little respect for the law or citizen responsibility and being seen to be fair to all.

You could be right Ollie, although I tend to think that you are either a priest or a minister and I am a rabbi :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0UhpAFrlrw
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
I never thought of that Ollie. My attitude is that governments just collect as much as they can get away with. But since it is a moral thing and you are a moral man and I ain't, I will send you my next tax bill. I will be better off financially and you will be on a higher morale plain and both of us will be better off accordingly.
Sod off :P and pay your own
Morale and moral are two entirely different things and we all have to cough up for the common good (even when we don't want to) it does matter that those in a position (such as Cummings) obey the law,are seen to and pay their dues.
If you don't you find little respect for the law or citizen responsibility and being seen to be fair to all.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2020, 07:22:06 PM
No you got that mixed up there,if they're not demanding it he has no legal obligation to cough up ,morally given his position he does imo....won't be holding my breath.

I never thought of that Ollie. My attitude is that governments just collect as much as they can get away with. But since it is a moral thing and you are a moral man and I ain't, I will send you my next tax bill. I will be better off financially and you will be on a higher morale plain and both of us will be better off accordingly.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 01:19:01 PM
Why? If Durham County Council can't be bothered to demand the tax then Cummings has no moral obligation to pay it.
No you got that mixed up there,if they're not demanding it he has no legal obligation to cough up ,morally given his position he does imo....won't be holding my breath.

patman post

What about the reported breach of planning laws — is he let off that too...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 15, 2020, 10:04:37 AM
Well, it's not like there's no Google Earth images to refer to being updated nearly every year, nor is it that Dom can't pay as he's rather well rewarded for his advice to No. 10.
So, he could pay a voluntary contribution as back payment, but won't.

Why? If Durham County Council can't be bothered to demand the tax then Cummings has no moral obligation to pay it.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Well, it's not like there's no Google Earth images to refer to being updated nearly every year, nor is it that Dom can't pay as he's rather well rewarded for his advice to No. 10.
So, he could pay a voluntary contribution as back payment, but won't.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 15, 2020, 07:08:48 AM

I would start by seeking out evidence of luxurious holidays and flashy cars for a former planning person ....

I would apply that nationally.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 12:51:03 AM
Truly the man is shit in an iron bucket, but it does raise the question as how Cummings and family were able to build the cottages without the council doing anything for 18 years. Not only is Durham County Council is overwhelmingly Labour, it is generally accepted that you can't clean the windows without some miserable git grassing you up to the Planning Department.

This is so crazy that I can't believe that I am posting it, but can it be that the locals prefer the odious Dirty Dom to the Durham Council?

In order to escape planning permission wrath, you have to have done it for over ten years during which time the council knew AND did F@@@ all.

I would start by seeking out evidence of luxurious holidays and flashy cars for a former planning person ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2020, 10:55:32 AM
Should've added and obey the law too,Cummings a serial offender with a charmed life.
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18790597.council-tax-payable-dominic-cummings-lockdown-cottage/

Truly the man is shit in an iron bucket, but it does raise the question as how Cummings and family were able to build the cottages without the council doing anything for 18 years. Not only is Durham County Council is overwhelmingly Labour, it is generally accepted that you can't clean the windows without some miserable git grassing you up to the Planning Department.

This is so crazy that I can't believe that I am posting it, but can it be that the locals prefer the odious Dirty Dom to the Durham Council?
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2020, 01:49:53 PM
Hopefully this will be picked up (fed to) the national news media. If the facts are as reported, it seems unlikely that Cummings can continue in his present position — unless, of course, some retrospective evidence is produced that supposedly legitimises the situation...

Has made it to the mirror, metro, daily star ... some say £30k written off, some say £50k
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Was an item on BBC Radio 4 news this evening. Didn't attract much extra info...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Hopefully this will be picked up (fed to) the national news media. If the facts are as reported, it seems unlikely that Cummings can continue in his present position — unless, of course, some retrospective evidence is produced that supposedly legitimises the situation...