Could we beat the EU in battle?

Started by HallowedBrexit, October 15, 2020, 09:16:17 PM

« previous - next »

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 01:40:45 PM
Well, lets just say the style is familiar, eh?

Anyway - like you said yourself, we don't appear to have much to discuss, and theres a cold beer waiting.

Slainte!
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Cor Blimey!

They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 17, 2020, 01:34:21 PMA mortal blow. Well done. You've gone and hurt my feelings now.

Well, lets just say the style is familiar, eh?

Anyway - like you said yourself, we don't appear to have much to discuss, and theres a cold beer waiting.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 01:32:11 PM
I thought we had nothing further to discuss?

Unless you want to discuss other members of the forum, which you seem to know enough about without my help, eh?

A mortal blow. Well done. You've gone and hurt my feelings now.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 17, 2020, 01:27:46 PMYou're way behind the times. Nick's imagination has upgraded me to fully paid-up Irishman. I'm enjoying my promotion - don't burst my bubble!

I thought we had nothing further to discuss?

Unless you want to discuss other members of the forum, which you seem to know enough about without my help, eh?

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 01:26:02 PM
Thats a blessed relief as they say in Canada. Or it might be Bishop Stortford, I can't remember which now.

You're way behind the times. Nick's imagination has upgraded me to fully paid-up Irishman. I'm enjoying my promotion - don't burst my bubble!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 17, 2020, 01:20:37 PMSo, unless you own a bank, we've nothing further to discuss.

Thats a blessed relief as they say in Canada. Or it might be Bishop Stortford, I can't remember which now.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: GerryT on October 17, 2020, 01:19:09 PMMaybe you missed the tone of my message, it was a piss take because of a stupid question about going to war. The EU was a project to stop war, to unite the continent. To stop fighting and start working together. There are no winners from war, its not romantic or honourable, just stupid. And no the UK wouldn't have the slightest chance of winning a war v Europe, it's out numbered in every dept and hasn't got food to feed it's people. The only way to engage in this sort of discussion is to take the piss.

Of course, Gerry. The "EU" and its keeping the peace mission, which naturally, had nothing to do with NATO. You can't hide your attitude no matter what tone you adopt.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 01:17:37 PM
No. But then none of them are really, are they? Which leads to a few theories of my own.

I'm on parole, so I can't answer as I'd like. So, unless you own a bank, we've nothing further to discuss. :)

GerryT

Maybe you missed the tone of my message, it was a piss take because of a stupid question about going to war. The EU was a project to stop war, to unite the continent. To stop fighting and start working together. There are no winners from war, its not romantic or honourable, just stupid. And no the UK wouldn't have the slightest chance of winning a war v Europe, it's out numbered in every dept and hasn't got food to feed it's people. The only way to engage in this sort of discussion is to take the piss.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 17, 2020, 12:49:23 PMMy post wasn't entirely serious. But thanks for confirming my Poodle theory.

No. But then none of them are really, are they? Which leads to a few theories of my own.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 12:20:59 PM
No Mr wind up, it wasn't Icelands lack of a navy that "sent our lads packing", it was the US, after Icelands threats to pull out of NATO, which it did every time the fishing issue cropped up. Because they knew the SPAMS wouldn't be keen on anything that denied NATO use of airbases in Iceland with which to patrol the GIUK gap for Soviet Nuclear submarines. Oddly enough, if you are Canadian, it wouldn't have done you any favours either

Another bullsh*t story put to bed

My post wasn't entirely serious. But thanks for confirming my Poodle theory.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 15, 2020, 10:22:20 PMI wouldn't be too confident of that, Barry. Iceland has no navy, but they still sent your lads packing

No Mr wind up, it wasn't Icelands lack of a navy that "sent our lads packing", it was the US, after Icelands threats to pull out of NATO, which it did every time the fishing issue cropped up. Because they knew the SPAMS wouldn't be keen on anything that denied NATO use of airbases in Iceland with which to patrol the GIUK gap for Soviet Nuclear submarines. Oddly enough, if you are Canadian, it wouldn't have done you any favours either

Another bullsh*t story put to bed

DeppityDawg

Quote from: GerryT on October 15, 2020, 09:53:52 PMAll I'll say is during the '70's the UK had 21,000 army personnel in NI, they came with tanks and guns and bombs, you get the picture. Anyway about 400 farmers with a couple of ford cortina's kept them very busy for 28 years.

400 farmers with Ford cortinas? Is that so? We can always rely on Gerry T to present a balanced narrative, eh? Not.

Provisional IRA membership fluctuated between 4000 and 10000 at various times, while you conveniently neglect to mention the tacit support given them by the "civilian" population in places like West Belfast, Derry and South Armagh, many of which had virtual no go areas for the Police. Or the 'welcome mats' on your side of the border, pal.

Then of course, there were other Republican paramilitary groups like INLA, as well as numerous Loyalist paramilitary groups which numbered in the late hundreds to early thousands. The only thing you can say with any respect for the Provisionals was that they were the closest to a true military force, with weapons including heavy machine guns, RPGs, mortars and the ability to build sophisticated explosive devices, as well as a tactical awareness none of the others possessed. The best that can be said for the rest is that they were little more than armed criminal gangs

For the record Gerry, there were no "tanks" deployed to NI, and none of the heavy army was ever deployed operationally there. Learn the difference between an armoured car, and APC and a AVRE before writing nonsense about stuff you clearly haven't got a fecking clue about. 28000 personnel were deployed at the peak, and most of the time the numbers were in the 10000-15000 bracket

You should write to the Huffington Post, see if they'll give you a job to help when your exports to the UK dry up, eh?

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2020, 12:41:12 AM

I don't think interning Papasmurf is going to create a big public outcry myself.

Given my ancestral DNA results your really are being stupid.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe