Re: off topic battle thread

Started by DeppityDawg, October 17, 2020, 02:57:01 PM

« previous - next »

Cor Blimey!

This is the noblest kind of patriotism:

We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

This is the worst kind of terrorism:

We shall defend Ireland, whatever the cost may be, we'll fight 'em on the duh beaches, we'll fight 'em on duh landing grounds; we'll fight in duh fields and in the duh streets, we'll fight 'em in the hills; Ireland will  never surrender.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 02:59:38 PM
I'm in the bookies! Has anyone got a tip for the faftane turty foive at Leopardstown!

:D

Watch oot deppity!

Gazas outside waiting on ye wae a connect four and a packet of ham.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 17, 2020, 03:08:36 PM
You're getting the songs mixed up. That was "Tha day Cor Blimeys donkee wan da half mile rayce"

Gone over my head, I'm afraid. Is that a line from Hamlet?
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 17, 2020, 03:05:18 PMIt's actually 'Faftane Turty Foive, innit?'  now.  Don't underestimate your influence on world culture.

You're getting the songs mixed up. That was "Tha day Cor Blimeys donkee wan da half mile rayce"

Cor Blimey!

I'm in the bookies! Has anyone got a tip for the faftane turty foive at Leopardstown!

It's actually 'Faftane Turty Foive, innit?'  now.  Don't underestimate your influence on world culture.

GerryT

:D  :D

DeppityDawg

DeppityDawg

Well, we are used to comedy double acts here in the UK. Morecombe and Wise, French and Saunders, Vic and Bb, the Two Ronnies. Maybe we should change the the name of this thread to the "The Two Paddies"? One of which just happens to be in Canada...which just out of interest is also the name of a caravan park outside Roscrea

Heh, I'll tell you what it is  :D