northern irish prefer border between the 6 counties and uk

Started by Thomas, October 19, 2020, 08:01:34 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on October 19, 2020, 07:23:20 PM
Everybody else's responsibility is to facilitate whatever's decided and stay well clear...

(scope for comment)

It hasnt stopped remainers and everyone else using the place for their own interests over the last four years to put the boot into brexit has it ?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 19, 2020, 06:09:36 PM
To be fair I would say more people in Britain would say the same thing . Maybe its time for the United  Ireland question to be asked .

I would think so streetwalker.

I have been saying this on and off now for the best part of 4 years.

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on October 19, 2020, 04:35:29 PM

As for the poll itself, less than 2000 peoples opinions is a bit on the small side...thought I imagine an Irish Sea boarder is seen as the least awkward of the two options.

Do you think?

There has been 17 political polls on irish politics in the republic this year and the sample sizes have all been around the thousand mark , so i think this is a fair size poll. Some of the scottish subsamples for example in uk polling are feckin pathetic.

Are you in Antrim?

My paternal family are from Antrim , all presbyterian , and i still have some family in Coleraine. They want stay in both the uk and the eu .

I agree with your final sentence though , question is will politics get in the way of common sense?

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2020, 06:26:18 PM
Sounds good.

Maybe we could give Ulster to the EU which seems obsessed with the place
Whose is anything to give? The future of the island of Ireland — north and south — surely has to be for the people there to decide. Everybody else's responsibility is to facilitate whatever's decided and stay well clear...

(scope for comment)
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 19, 2020, 06:09:36 PM
To be fair I would say more people in Britain would say the same thing . Maybe its time for the United  Ireland question to be asked .

Sounds good.

Maybe we could give Ulster to the EU which seems obsessed with the place
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2020, 04:04:49 PM
LMFAO toots.

Well if you are into that sort of thing , scotlands very own nostradamus , Coinneach Odhar , the brahan seer , back in the 17th century or so , predicted oil for aberdeen and scotland reconvening its parliament when men could walk dryshod from england to france.

He also predicted from memory England and Scotland would fall out over europe....... :D

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/The-Brahan-Seer-the-Scottish-Nostradamus/

There you go they can't all be wrong!  8)

Nalaar

Thanks - I assume its below the paywall as it wasn't showing for me.

As for the poll itself, less than 2000 peoples opinions is a bit on the small side...thought I imagine an Irish Sea boarder is seen as the least awkward of the two options.
Don't believe everything you think.

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on October 19, 2020, 09:30:47 AM
Where is the information on the polling data?

Its in the article nalaar.

Here.

QuoteLucidTalk
@LucidTalk
Q6 results from the Autumn LT NI 'Tracker' Poll (reported in @BelTel
by @SuzyJourno
): "If there has to be a trade-off between a border in Ireland, and/or in the Irish sea, which would you prefer?" - full NI results + results by NI EURef 'Remain' voters, & NI EURef 'Leave' voters:

https://twitter.com/LucidTalk/status/1316393110889472001

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 19, 2020, 09:08:38 AM
Thomas-apparently you can stop worrying or surmising. The UK will be 4 separate countries by next year, Italy will leave the EU next and soon, teenagers will take over the world into a whole new world order and Republicans will not rule the USA.

It looks as though all will be right with the world!   :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8852847/British-astrologer-predicted-Covid-reveals-whats-really-going-happen-six-months.html

LMFAO toots.

Well if you are into that sort of thing , scotlands very own nostradamus , Coinneach Odhar , the brahan seer , back in the 17th century or so , predicted oil for aberdeen and scotland reconvening its parliament when men could walk dryshod from england to france.

He also predicted from memory England and Scotland would fall out over europe....... :D

QuoteThe Brahan Seer – the Scottish Nostradamus
by Ben Johnson

The Brahan Seer, or Coinneach Odhar, was gifted with "the sight" – an ability to see visions that came unbidden day or night. His prophecies were so impressive that they are still quoted to this day.

The Second Sight, more correctly called the Two Sights, is the ability to see both this world and another world at the same time. The Second Sight has never been regarded as witchcraft in Scotland, it is seen more as a curse. "Ah, take patience with the lad for he has the Sight and it is a terrible affliction."

According to folklore, The Brahan Seer, Kenneth the Sallow (Coinneach Odhar) was born Kenneth Mackenzie, at Baile-na-Cille, in the Parish of Uig and Island of Lewis, about the beginning of the 17th century. He lived at Loch Ussie near to Dingwall in Ross-shire and worked as a labourer on the Brahan estate, seat of the Seaforth chieftains, from somewhere around 1675.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/The-Brahan-Seer-the-Scottish-Nostradamus/

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2020, 08:01:34 AM

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/poll-55-in-northern-ireland-prefer-brexit-border-in-irish-sea-39616850.html

Wonder how long the great tory strategy of england ignoring the jocks and paddies and carrying on regardless is going to hold?

58% for indy in scotland , johnson is doing a sterling job . :D

Thomas-apparently you can stop worrying or surmising. The UK will be 4 separate countries by next year, Italy will leave the EU next and soon, teenagers will take over the world into a whole new world order and Republicans will not rule the USA.

It looks as though all will be right with the world!   :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8852847/British-astrologer-predicted-Covid-reveals-whats-really-going-happen-six-months.html

Thomas

QuotePoll: 55% in Northern Ireland prefer Brexit border in Irish Sea

QuoteThe majority of people here would rather have a border in the Irish Sea than a North-South one, according to a new poll.

A total of 55% said they'd rather see a Brexit border between Northern Ireland and Great Britain than one with the Republic.

The LucidTalk poll, commissioned by the Belfast Telegraph, showed 38% support for customs checks on the island of Ireland rather than with the rest of the UK. Seven per cent of people were undecided.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/poll-55-in-northern-ireland-prefer-brexit-border-in-irish-sea-39616850.html

Wonder how long the great tory strategy of england ignoring the jocks and paddies and carrying on regardless is going to hold?

58% for indy in scotland , johnson is doing a sterling job . :D