Burnham wants an oscar and gets a raspberry from me.

Started by cromwell, October 20, 2020, 10:13:42 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 01:54:33 PM
The speeches were alright, it was just his habit of bursting into tears afterwards that was a bit off putting.
Not unknown for Churchill to wipe away a tear or two — maybe that'll be the next trick in Johnson's armoury...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on October 21, 2020, 01:49:14 PM

Kinnock was a great orator , but a crap politician.

The speeches were alright, it was just his habit of bursting into tears afterwards that was a bit off putting.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2020, 01:51:01 PM
You didn't say you acknowledge a good speech, you said you were impressed with Andy Burnhan Burnham.

You're like an Eel, slippery.

I was impressed by the speech, just that and nothing else.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 01:03:29 PM
Not at all, acknowledging a good speech is not support.

You didn't say you acknowledge a good speech, you said you were impressed with Andy Burnhan Burnham.

You're like an Eel, slippery.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 01:38:37 PM
I have yet to see Bojo-The-Clown make a good speech.
As for your first comment Joseph Goebbels and Hitler made some good speeches. (So good that some Tories plagiarised  them,) That does not mean I support them.

sure but because you might not have seen johnson make a speech you think is "good" in your opinion , doesnt mean he hasnt , or that you cant acknowledge politicians in the tories past and present or other parties outside labour making good speeches.

I remember you saying ed milliband had made a good speech on our old forum years back , and milliband , like starmer ,was one of the poorest orators the labour party ever had as leader.

Kinnock was a great orator , but a crap politician.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2020, 01:32:35 PM
I would be very surprise if someone acknowledged a speech as good if the content did not sit well with their own beliefs. Eg BJ has often given good speeches - would you acknowledge them?

I have yet to see Bojo-The-Clown make a good speech.
As for your first comment Joseph Goebbels and Hitler made some good speeches. (So good that some Tories plagiarised  them,) That does not mean I support them.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2020, 01:32:35 PM
I would be very surprise if someone acknowledged a speech as good if the content did not sit well with their own beliefs. Eg BJ has often given good speeches - would you acknowledge them?

Exactly toots.

Many politicians in many political parties give good speeches , and even great ones past and present. Salmond , thatcher , kinnock and many many more in my lifetime across many countries.

Funny how with pappy its always restricted to labour politicians.? ;D

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 12:41:57 PM
Does nothing of the kind acknowledging a good speech is not support.
But what makes it good — delivery, ability to stir, or actually achieve something?

As the dispute has developed into arguing about wanting more money rather than dealing with Covid, Burnham appears to be losing support from surrounding local authority chiefs and MPs by the hour...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 01:03:29 PM

Thomas

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 21, 2020, 01:00:27 PM
You would argue black is white.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 12:41:57 PM
You would argue black is white.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2020, 12:28:52 PM

Technically you didn't because you spelt his name wrong, but in essence you did. This shows support.

Nick

QuoteI never stated any such thing.

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 07:56:00 AMI was impressed with Burnhan

Technically you didn't because you spelt his name wrong, but in essence you did. This shows support.

Quoteand cringed at Bojo-The-Clown's "performance."
This shows a lack of support (AGAINST).

So you did.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.