Burnham wants an oscar and gets a raspberry from me.

Started by cromwell, October 20, 2020, 10:13:42 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 21, 2020, 05:46:09 PMYour trouble pat is your put downs are wasted on me.

You see typos , mispellings and general refusal to behave within the rules of your " queens english" as something to sneer at..............i  , as a non englishman , wear them as a badge of honour.

She's your queen too, so you'd better use only your best Queen's Scottish or you'll find yourself outwith the bounds of polite society.

Is an English person allowed to say 'outwith' or is that cultural appropriation?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

Andy Burnham vs. Boris Johnson: I go with whichever is taking the most precautionary approach towards saving lives and slowing the spread of infection. That has see-sawed between the two of them as the crisis in the North has unfolded.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

I notice that Boris is going out of his way to thank local leaders who have played ball and helped the government. Can't think who he is pointing the finger at!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Thomas on October 21, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Your trouble pat is your put downs are wasted on me.

You see typos , mispellings and general refusal to behave within the rules of your " queens english" as something to sneer at..............i  , as a non englishman , wear them as a badge of honour.

Some people just cant take an oak.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2020, 04:15:38 PM
No — just keeping up the arboreal theme of the "fight them on the beeches" post...

Your trouble pat is your put downs are wasted on me.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 03:12:10 PMHave you gotten religion Pat? There was definitely a touch of Psalm 137 there.
No — just keeping up the arboreal theme of the "fight them on the beeches" post...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 03:12:10 PM
Have you gotten religion Pat? There was definitely a touch of Psalm 137 there.

Anyway, Meghan should be ok. She has barely got a touch of the tar brush but she is still a royal and thus middle class so should be welcome in the ranks of the BLM. But that does not help the rest of us who are finding matters a bit quiet.

:D ;D

I like meggie borkie.

When harry said he didnt want the traditional fruitcake at the royal wedding , ol phil the greek replied he couldnt care less , he was still going.

Imagine meggie had been mixed race ( is taht the correct term these days? i cannae keep up) and a kafflick? Now that would have set the cat among the feckin pigeons.

( sorry for the incorrect spelling of the word "taht". Its the paddy blood in me coming out  ;))

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2020, 02:51:12 PM
Perhaps she felt able to pine for her fellow humans, rather than have her words turn to ash in her mouth and upset her elders...

Have you gotten religion Pat? There was definitely a touch of Psalm 137 there.

Anyway, Meghan should be ok. She has barely got a touch of the tar brush but she is still a royal and thus middle class so should be welcome in the ranks of the BLM. But that does not help the rest of us who are finding matters a bit quiet.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
I suppose it is a bit late for her to have George's baby?

To be honest, things are getting a little dull. The Brexit negotiations are as good as done and now that we know Streetwalker is back at work, I can't take much more interest in the foreign flu. And according to Wee Krankie, Brexit will have a terrible effect on Scotland's food and drink exports, which means that you and your fellow Scots will have to eat and drink more to take up the slack, which is a plus, but not something that will happen for a while.

Maybe Cor Blimey will get his VPN working and return before we run out of things to get excited about.

Hope so borkie.

Wee krankie is having a whale of a time at the minute............every day she is hoping bojo tells her no to another referendum which in turn is driving indy support through the roof. 58% and counting isnt bad going for a guy who hasnt been pm that long. Pretty soon he is going to overtake maggie.

I think we just have to get to hogmanay  first borkie , until then its just all "phoney war " stuff.

You know how boring the forum and politics in general has become when pappy smurf suddenly finds himself centre of attention , and im reduced to arguing about pees and qews wae patman post.

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on October 21, 2020, 02:12:30 PMlovely lady meghan , but somehow crying that george floyds life matters just doesnt have the same ring to it as we will fight them on the beeches.
Perhaps she felt able to pine for her fellow humans, rather than have her words turn to ash in her mouth and upset her elders...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on October 21, 2020, 02:12:30 PM

lovely lady meghan , but somehow crying that george floyds life matters just doesnt have the same ring to it as we will fight them on the beeches.

I suppose it is a bit late for her to have George's baby?

To be honest, things are getting a little dull. The Brexit negotiations are as good as done and now that we know Streetwalker is back at work, I can't take much more interest in the foreign flu. And according to Wee Krankie, Brexit will have a terrible effect on Scotland's food and drink exports, which means that you and your fellow Scots will have to eat and drink more to take up the slack, which is a plus, but not something that will happen for a while.

Maybe Cor Blimey will get his VPN working and return before we run out of things to get excited about.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 02:07:25 PM
Well yes and no.

During his great We will fight on the beaches speech many MPs on both sides of the House were moved to tears. Churchill himself walked out, turned to an aide and said, "That told the sods."

To be honest though borkie , when a statesman during a world war makes an historic speech and a few tears are shed , you expect that due to the stress emotion and sheer fight for survival of a momentus situation where millions are being killed.

When meghan markle though , or john boyega shed a tear over black lives matters speeches , you are crossed between rolling around laughing or puking in a bucket of abject contempt.
Meghan Markle Said She Was "In Tears" While Preparing Her Black Lives Matter Speech

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a34219778/meghan-markle-black-lives-matter-speech/

lovely lady meghan , but somehow crying that george floyds life matters just doesnt have the same ring to it as we will fight them on the beeches.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2020, 01:59:49 PM
Not unknown for Churchill to wipe away a tear or two — maybe that'll be the next trick in Johnson's armoury...

Well yes and no.

During his great We will fight on the beaches speech many MPs on both sides of the House were moved to tears. Churchill himself walked out, turned to an aide and said, "That told the sods."
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 01:53:00 PM
I was impressed by the speech, just that and nothing else.

I don't understand how a speech can be separated from the words spoken, unless it is judged by the demeanour, delivery or power. Even then to split that from what is actually said seems impossible.

The little bit that I saw of this particular 'speech', he seemed like a man begging for his life. Perhaps he will be out of a job soon. I felt sorry for him, he didn't know when to stop. Labour party leadership, first seen as a sparkle in his eye, vanished when he realised he was trying to play with the big boys.