Covid: What will the Tier 3 rules for Greater Manchester be?

Started by GBNews, October 21, 2020, 01:01:58 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 12:26:25 PM
That is because you keep putting the tourists away Pappy. Blockading the A3083 with banners proclaiming, "A Day's Work No, Dole Queues Yes," is not really a good way to bring in the punters.

Borchester stop writing bullshine, locally tourism has been ebbing away slowly since the late 1960s, when cheap flights to foreign parts where sunshine is guaranteed started The decline speeded up after all coal mines up country shut and that source of tourists dried up.
A number of hotels were turned into nursing homes. A number of local businesses shut down and closed at the end of last year.
(One factor in the closure of a large café, back then was SAGA travel practically closed down, and several coaches of geriatrics a day in the summer stopped.)
Several pubs  shut down last year, before the pandemic.
There are no longer the facilities for mass invasions of very badly behaved  tourists who would normally be visiting  Spain/ The Balearic Islands, and other foreign destinations.
There are just not the facilities of the type they want here.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 12:11:25 PM
Very few local people work in the tourist industry because the season is so short here.

That is because you keep putting the tourists away Pappy. Blockading the A3083 with banners proclaiming, "A Day's Work No, Dole Queues Yes," is not really a good way to bring in the punters.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2020, 12:00:44 PM

It would do wonders for the tourist industry, put a few extra bob into the coffers of the Cornish Councils and give the local layabouts something to do other than sit at home in front of the telly.

Self praise is no recommendation but I have to ask, what is there not to like?

Very few local people work in the tourist industry because the season is so short here. It is mainly staffed by foreign workers.
Currently a large team of local volunteers is engaged in cleaning up the human excrement, broken glass and rubbish left behind by tourists all over the Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
The road accident rate caused by tourists who seem never to have passed a driving test is frankly frightening.
To quote the rear gunner in the film the Dambusters, "This is bloody dangerous."
I have been running in my new motorcycle and the local roads are scary.
I suspect this year tourist have cost local residents money not made any for them,

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 21, 2020, 07:57:53 AM
All of the rules are useless unless they are laws.
Mass invasion imminent locally for 1/2 term of people from the plague ridden areas.

Exactly.

Lets be honest. Most of the inhabitants of these holiday places are so inbreed that they are practically dollally anyway. My idea is that all the locals should have red crosses painted on them and the tourists allowed to buy licences to hunt them down.

It would do wonders for the tourist industry, put a few extra bob into the coffers of the Cornish Councils and give the local layabouts something to do other than sit at home in front of the telly.

Self praise is no recommendation but I have to ask, what is there not to like?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

All of the rules are useless unless they are laws.
Mass invasion imminent locally for 1/2 term of people from the plague ridden areas.

GBNews

Covid: What will the Tier 3 rules for Greater Manchester be?

All parts of the UK have brought in varying levels of extra restrictions as coronavirus cases grow.

Source: Covid: What will the Tier 3 rules for Greater Manchester be?