Critical Race Theory

Started by DeppityDawg, October 21, 2020, 11:24:09 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2020, 12:54:30 PMAren't we in danger of what they fashionably call word salad? It seems to me that there is a lot of focus on white noise by some who simply can't stand the silence. Too many are creating ideas that have no benefit to mankind but simply encourage comparison, blame, envy and disenchantment

Word salad is the last of the dangers. Look at what is happening in US cities objectively as a result of BLM if you want a glimpse of what the real dangers are.

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2020, 12:54:30 PM
Too many are creating ideas that have no benefit to mankind but simply encourage comparison, blame, envy and disenchantment.

I have decided not to reply to that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar on October 21, 2020, 12:43:06 PMIt's been interesting watching Critical Race Theory develop over the past few years

To you maybe. To many it is disturbing.

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 21, 2020, 11:24:09 AM
...or CRT for short

Ever wondered why we seem to be being driven further and further apart, separated by our skin colour, gender, sexuality and so on? Well, those nice liberals have produced some handy theories to make it much easier for you to understand

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

Basically, a group of "radical thinkers" have decided that society (and the law) is inherently racist and that consequently, 1) all ethnic minorities are disadvantaged and that 2) all white people are privileged

This btw appears to be framed as a deliberate policy by white people to maintain their elite status

So there you have it - "Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't say other lives don't matter....blah blah blah"

If you wondered what BLM was really all about, start reading about CRT - and more importantly, the kind of people who push this theory(s). You could start with the "destruction of capitalism" and "ending the nuclear family" as examples of what a true agenda actually looks like

If you then look at other radical thinkers theories like "intersectionality", and see the heirachy of victim groups, it doesn't take you long to figure out which group is missing from all this

If ever there was a theory literally designed to cause mistrust, hatred and division, this is it. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Aren't we in danger of what they fashionably call word salad? It seems to me that there is a lot of focus on white noise by some who simply can't stand the silence. Too many are creating ideas that have no benefit to mankind but simply encourage comparison, blame, envy and disenchantment.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 21, 2020, 12:43:06 PM

For a critical look at Critical Race Theory I would recommend reading/listening to Glenn Loury, Coleman Hughes, John McWhorter, and Thomas Chatterton-Williams

I don't need to do that thanks.  The writing was on the wall from the 1960s onwards, when in the factory where I did my apprenticeship white British workers became the minority on the factory floor.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

It's been interesting watching Critical Race Theory develop over the past few years, to the extent that Ta-Nehisi Coates and (even more extremely) Ibrim X Kindi are regarded very highly at prominent institutions, and by influential individuals.

For a critical look at Critical Race Theory I would recommend reading/listening to Glenn Loury, Coleman Hughes, John McWhorter, and Thomas Chatterton-Williams
Don't believe everything you think.

Barry

When Kemi stands up and says it, it seems to carry more weight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqBTWPl-11U

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 21, 2020, 11:24:09 AM
...or CRT for short

Ever wondered why we seem to be being driven further and further apart, separated by our skin colour, gender, sexuality and so on? Well, those nice liberals have produced some handy theories to make it much easier for you to understand

Basically, a group of "radical thinkers" have decided that society (and the law) is inherently racist and that consequently, 1) all ethnic minorities are disadvantaged and that 2) all white people are privileged

This btw appears to be framed as a deliberate policy by white people to maintain their elite status

So there you have it - "Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't say other lives don't matter....blah blah blah"

If you wondered what BLM was really all about, start reading about CRT - and more importantly, the kind of people who push this theory(s). You could start with the "destruction of capitalism" and "ending the nuclear family" as examples of what a true agenda actually looks like

If you then look at other radical thinkers theories like "intersectionality", and see the heirachy of victim groups, it doesn't take you long to figure out which group is missing from all this

If ever there was a theory literally designed to cause mistrust, hatred and division, this is it. Welcome to the 21st Century.

For a moment I thought this was going to a discussion on why your putting money on a horse immediately sentenced it to the glue factory.

Anyway, I would not worry on it. My daughter is doing a Ph.d that effectively hinges on the persecution of the gypsies. I replied that I thought that it was probably because we were always stealing and fighting and there was not room in the British army for all of us. And she replied that I probably had a point, but there was no way she could pad that out into a sixty thousand word dissertation.

The grievance industry is a bit like a John Wayne movie. It is a bit annoying when he shoots 20 bullets out of him six shooter, but mostly harmless fun.
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

...or CRT for short