Main Menu

Christmas is OK

Started by T00ts, October 22, 2020, 03:10:42 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 22, 2020, 11:34:37 PM
I could extend that to other less than physical beings f course, but Samhain is almost upon us and i have a pentagram to finish
I remember his brother Peter.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2020, 11:04:05 PM
Children look away now if you don't want to see the truth.
Sorry, there is no Father Christmas. No Easter Bunny, and even the sugar plum fairy is mythical.

I could extend that to other less than physical beings f course, but Samhain is almost upon us and i have a pentagram to finish
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 11:16:05 PM
You are all impossible!  ;D ;D ;D
Well each to their own, but it is a bit rich, after creating a system of fear and control, where the parents don't know if they will have a job or enough money to feed the family, then you promise the kids the parents can face more debt over a fantasy. When all over her beloved EU they are reporting huge rises in the Chinese sniffles.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2020, 10:50:56 PM
Chimneys,they have the flue don't they,you wonder why no men have that concern? Simples we are discussing more important things,like flue and flu  :D :D :D
Quote from: Borchester on October 22, 2020, 10:51:04 PM
To be fair, Boris is probably game but looking at the size of him, he might have a bit of a job sliding down anyone's chimney. Mind you, there might be sod all to Wee Krankie heightwise, but she is nearly as broad as she is long so how she would fare is a good question.

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2020, 11:04:05 PM

Sorry, there is no Father Christmas. No Easter Bunny, and even the sugar plum fairy is mythical.

You are all impossible!  ;D ;D ;D

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 10:42:30 PM
Barry - where's your soul? All those kids hearing the news and wondering how would Father Christmas manage to come down the chimney if he had to social distance. This is where a woman wins hands down.  I heard that the New Zealand PM also a woman, made a similar announcement to the kids. I bet there are no men who would have that concern.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Barry - where's your soul? All those kids hearing the news and wondering how would Father Christmas manage to come down the chimney if he had to social distance. This is where a woman wins hands down.  I heard that the New Zealand PM also a woman, made a similar announcement to the kids. I bet there are no men who would have that concern.

To be fair, Boris is probably game but looking at the size of him, he might have a bit of a job sliding down anyone's chimney. Mind you, there might be sod all to Wee Krankie heightwise, but she is nearly as broad as she is long so how she would fare is a good question.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Chimneys,they have the flue don't they,you wonder why no men have that concern? Simples we are discussing more important things,like flue and flu  :D :D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2020, 10:25:56 PM
Just another lying politician, then.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 03:10:42 PMNicola Sturgeon has just publicly announced to any children watching her lockdown announcements that Father Christmas is considered an essential worker and has magic powers to protect him while delivering the presents this year.
Just another lying politician, then.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Unfortunately, only those slacking off inside scottish parliament have the money to bribe the elves to drop something off,

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Nicola Sturgeon has just publicly announced to any children watching her lockdown announcements that Father Christmas is considered an essential worker and has magic powers to protect him while delivering the presents this year.

Now I like it that a politician has had the good sense to include Santa in the plans. I wonder how many other leaders around the world would think of such an announcement. She has gained a Brownie point in my estimation of her. Good job!