No child in the UK should go hungry

Started by Sheepy, October 24, 2020, 12:36:44 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I was interested to see the photos in the last few days showing what some received as 5 child lunches for £15 and on the basis of those, someone is pocketing a load of public money again.

I guess it's because I'm a woman but for someone unable to feed their kids at lunchtime I was impressed by the immaculate makeup and coloured hair. I would also be interested to know what bit of IT was used for the photos. That might seem petty and perhaps it is but my idea of poverty doesn't have the funds for what many would consider luxuries when measured against the need to feed their kids, and no-one I saw looked near underfed. No doubt some one will be eager to correct me but I am only looking at what was presented to me.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 14, 2021, 04:15:52 PM
Well, look on the bright side Thomas. At least we can all have fecking good argument and then Javert will be along to put as all right  :D :D :D

Wor lass did me bait up like !!!

Well what are your thoughts on the matter..? Hope you had a good xmas.

We need something worth arguing about to start it off.
+++

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 14, 2021, 04:25:42 PM
What's happened to family life in this country.

The Tories destroyed it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

I saw economic illegal immigrants referred to as "gimmegrants" today. Had not seen that before.
It's not true anyway, the lefties said they are all good honest types who want to do a good days work for fair pay.

Meanwhile, women keep having babies they either can't afford to feed, or don't have the wit to know how. What's happened to family life in this country.
Oh yes, the left helped to destroy it.

Ah but dyno says they arent really economic illegal immigrants coming to claim freebies....they are the poor and oppressed. The wummin and children in the dinghies. :D

You`ll be getting called a bnper any minute barry any more of your anti immigrant patter.

Thomas

I saw economic illegal immigrants referred to as "gimmegrants" today. Had not seen that before.
It's not true anyway, the lefties said they are all good honest types who want to do a good days work for fair pay.

Meanwhile, women keep having babies they either can't afford to feed, or don't have the wit to know how. What's happened to family life in this country.

minds me of that joke barry.

Snow.

The only thing that settles in the yookay aff the continent that doesnae claim benefits. :D

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on January 14, 2021, 04:15:52 PM
Well, look on the bright side Thomas. At least we can all have fecking good argument and then Javert will be along to put as all right  :D :D :D

Honestly deppity same shit different day isnt it?

Dyno banging on about the poor! the poor! the immigrants!A better world!

Gerry banging his head against the wall over brexit. Apparently nicola sturgeon is going to hold the uk together long enough for gerrys remain team to take us back into the eu.

Gerry said covid is bad , really bad , but brexit is worse , so forget covid and rejoin the eu.

Smurf is smurf. Any platform to moan will do , and apart from that  , as you were.

Where is javert anyway?

Seen him skulking about wae his tail between his legs a few times , but no comment from him.

DeppityDawg

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 14, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jan/14/schools-in-england-told-not-to-provide-free-school-meals-at-half-term

I feel all warm  and cuddly after reading that dyno.

Not making much headway lately so you fall back on labours tried and trusted squeaking about the poor and the nhs ( heroes).

;D

Just a shame the last labour government record on eradicating child poverty was woefull.
Labour failing to meet child poverty target

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/mar/14/socialexclusion.politics

Sheepy

I think of it as bad advice in the first place put right after some consideration and cogitation.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

U turn #7000

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-54841316

Looks like Boris can't stick to the plan on anything.

So much for a Churchillian PM.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on October 27, 2020, 01:03:08 PM
Well on the Brightside for you thomas, nobody takes a blind bit of notice of any old guff the Labour party spout. The conservatives being the other side of the Westminster party, are fast joining them.

Certainly in scotland sheep. In the latest westminster polling  , 80% of scots dont want to see a uk labour government.