Marcus Rashford: Horseboxes, chip shops and cafes back school meals campaign

Started by GBNews, October 25, 2020, 07:05:21 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 28, 2020, 07:59:27 AM
I defy anyone produce anyone  as completely incompetent as Bojo-The-Clown or a government and MPs so incompetent, callous and out of touch with the damage their doctrine based policies have done to their constituents.
They are a disgrace and not fit for public office.

Toots makes a coherent argument.

pappysmurf replies frothing at the mouth "tory bad tory bad".!!!

Never heard that one before pappy.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 09:18:46 PM
I defy anyone to produce another MP or Government to do better. Hind sight makes everyone so very very clever.

I defy anyone produce anyone  as completely incompetent as Bojo-The-Clown or a government and MPs so incompetent, callous and out of touch with the damage their doctrine based policies have done to their constituents.
They are a disgrace and not fit for public office.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Looking across the western world all have taken steps to ensure that children are not left to starve . (Yes even Donald Trumps America https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2020/10/09/trump-administration-extends-free-meals-kids-entire-school-year )
Our own conservative government  increased funding to local authorities in the summer which included £500M for councils to help the most vulnerable in society

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/comprehensive-new-funding-package-for-councils-to-help-address-coronavirus-pressures-and-cover-lost-income-during-the-pandemic

So though Rashford means well and has probably been taken along this emotive ride by others the money has already been sent .

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 27, 2020, 09:04:04 PM
The Tories are to blame for a situation much tougher that is should have been, and the brunt of it is falling on vulnerable people.
The government is a disgrace, they ignored four government commissioned reports on what was need to be prepared for a pandemic. One by the last Labour government which the Tories ignored and three of their own.
No preparation/planning was done. Even worse the NHS was defunded, this caused serious staff shortages that are still there and getting worse.
Universal Credit, (a good idea,) wrecked in implementation caused by doctrinal additions which could be easily remedied.
A hostile environment toward claimants further damaged the implementation of Universal Credit.
(That is just a sample, I could write a book with evidenced research and references.)

Do you refer to the last Labour Government that was made up of a load of spendthrifts intent on making as many people State reliant as possible thus buying votes? Do you mean a Public sector including NHS so top heavy in non jobs created for the same reason of making as many voters as possible State reliant? Do you mean that same Labour Government that cheerfully spent until there was little left? Do you refer to the Conservatives who have won election after election for the very reason that Labour has been seen for what it really is and those same who have seen what the EU is? There has been a resurgence in public reason and just because it suits some to try every method possible to create a mayhem of discontent in every direction, is there any doubt that they are making intelligent reasoned organisation of this forlorn country difficult? I defy anyone to produce another MP or Government to do better. Hind sight makes everyone so very very clever.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 08:05:42 PM
What good reason? Do you not feel that we have a nation and government up against it with a tougher situation than we have known for many years?

The Tories are to blame for a situation much tougher that is should have been, and the brunt of it is falling on vulnerable people.
The government is a disgrace, they ignored four government commissioned reports on what was need to be prepared for a pandemic. One by the last Labour government which the Tories ignored and three of their own.
No preparation/planning was done. Even worse the NHS was defunded, this caused serious staff shortages that are still there and getting worse.
Universal Credit, (a good idea,) wrecked in implementation caused by doctrinal additions which could be easily remedied.
A hostile environment toward claimants further damaged the implementation of Universal Credit.
(That is just a sample, I could write a book with evidenced research and references.)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 27, 2020, 07:47:56 PM
With good reason.

What good reason? Do you not feel that we have a nation and government up against it with a tougher situation than we have known for many years? Where is the empathy for the guys in Westminster? I would imagine that none of them would have signed up for this if they had known before the last GE. You only have to look at them all to see that most of them are shattered and have been all year. They really don't deserve the constant carping and 'advice' based on limited real knowledge with a sub agenda of selfishness that so many offer.

As a nation we are going to get no-where unless we all grow up and realise that life cannot carry on as usual. That we need to stop sobbing in our beer because we can't jet off on a plane to warmer climes to take advantage of those with less than ourselves most of the time. If suddenly we were confronted with a war like other countries have had to endure over the last decades we would crumble. We need to see that all our citizens are ok but I fear that the realisation that the coffers have been opened has allowed many to think that now is the time to demand more regardless.

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 27, 2020, 06:30:42 PM
Frankly I am losing patience with people defending the indefensible callous Tories whose MPS don't have a clue what is happening in their own constituencies.

Oh dear, Pappy is going to throw a strop  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 07:08:25 PM
You might as well call me incompetent and callous because that's what you really mean,

It isn't at all, but the Tory government and the vast majority of its MP are.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 27, 2020, 06:46:43 PM
I know you refuse to lay the blame for anything at the incompetent callous,  showers door, but there will be a limit even for you.
Covid-19 has only added fuel to a fire 10 years in the making by the Tories.

You might as well call me incompetent and callous because that's what you really mean, but there is nothing that will persuade me to vote for the likes of Labour, or any of the others in Westminster for no other reason than to pick up a pay cheque. The State cannot provide for every eventuality and let's face it if they did and we all went broke you would be the first to start complaining. It is so easy to keep demand more and more and more, where will it stop? The debt will last for years and yet few are prepared to pull their horns in to help the country.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 06:43:42 PM
It suits your agenda to criticise the Tories so it's meaningless.  Crying wolf at every opportunity just means getting ignored. There are going to be a lot of people losing jobs and needing help but I refuse to lay the fault at any government's door. Every country is experiencing challenges.

I know you refuse to lay the blame for anything at the incompetent callous,  showers door, but there will be a limit even for you.
Covid-19 has only added fuel to a fire 10 years in the making by the Tories.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 27, 2020, 06:30:42 PM
Frankly I am losing patience with people defending the indefensible callous Tories whose MPS don't have a clue what is happening in their own constituencies. Like Steve Double MP one of the 322:-
His constituency:-

More at link:-

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-10-27/community-drop-in-centre-in-newquay-handing-out-more-than-2000-emergency-meals-a-week-because-of-pandemic

Community drop-in centre in Newquay 'handing out more than 2000 emergency meals a week' because of pandemic
WEST COUNTRY
FOOD BANK
NEWQUAY
Tuesday 27 October 2020, 1:56pm
A community drop-in centre in Newquay says it is now handing out more than 2000 emergency meals a week as a result of the pandemic.

Newquay DISC used to focus on helping the homeless but now it says it is increasingly helping working families who have lost their jobs, homes or businesses and are now in crisis.

The volunteer-run centre is now appealing for more donations and funding to help meet demand.

It suits your agenda to criticise the Tories so it's meaningless.  Crying wolf at every opportunity just means getting ignored. There are going to be a lot of people losing jobs and needing help but I refuse to lay the fault at any government's door. Every country is experiencing challenges.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 06:23:28 PM
I am just losing patience with the general friction which is just being egged on by anyone and everyone with an axe to grind.

Frankly I am losing patience with people defending the indefensible callous Tories whose MPS don't have a clue what is happening in their own constituencies. Like Steve Double MP one of the 322:-
His constituency:-

More at link:-

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-10-27/community-drop-in-centre-in-newquay-handing-out-more-than-2000-emergency-meals-a-week-because-of-pandemic

Community drop-in centre in Newquay 'handing out more than 2000 emergency meals a week' because of pandemic
WEST COUNTRY
FOOD BANK
NEWQUAY
Tuesday 27 October 2020, 1:56pm
A community drop-in centre in Newquay says it is now handing out more than 2000 emergency meals a week as a result of the pandemic.

Newquay DISC used to focus on helping the homeless but now it says it is increasingly helping working families who have lost their jobs, homes or businesses and are now in crisis.

The volunteer-run centre is now appealing for more donations and funding to help meet demand.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 27, 2020, 06:00:51 PM
It helps the Tories.

I often have doubts about Boris, but then Pappy starts rolling round the floor like a pig with with haemorrhoids and I think, well, maybe he isn't so bad.

Boris that is, not Pappy :)

I am just losing patience with the general friction which is just being egged on by anyone and everyone with an axe to grind. This isn't helping us a country or people as individuals. It almost amounts to incitement by those who really should know better and the silent majority who see all the fuss for what it really is is perhaps just a bit too silent. We need more voices of common sense and reason. Sadly they are not in many local councils, nor on many HofC benches and most certainly not in the media.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2020, 05:45:39 PM
That's just more of the same. Anything to put anything Conservative down. It doesn't matter what they do they can't please everyone. It has become a national fiesta of complaining. It is helping no-one.

It helps the Tories.

I often have doubts about Boris, but then Pappy starts rolling round the floor like a pig with with haemorrhoids and I think, well, maybe he isn't so bad.

Boris that is, not Pappy :)
Algerie Francais !