ERHC finds Labour institutionally anti-semitic

Started by patman post, October 29, 2020, 12:21:48 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2020, 02:07:09 PM
I've just watched an interview with Luciana Berger where she stated Corbyn knew of 2 separate incidents where she had been physically threatened by Labour MP's.

Are you a holocaust denier as well?

Any evidence to back her up?  I am NOT a holocaust denier, and I think anyone who is should be jailed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 01:34:36 PM
I found Corbyn disconcerting for all sorts of reasons but one of the main ones was his ability to say one thing when it suited while quite obviously believing otherwise. I believe he had no other cause than power, in whatever way he could get it, and that made him a deceitful man. The other biggest problem was his weakness. Like so many of his type I believe he collapsed under any real confrontation. He would be the sort that in a group of bullies would be the one standing at the back egging the brutes on while feigning innocence, and so it was that those in his party running rampant were allowed to get away with it. It will take sterner stuff than Starmer charisma (or lack of) to get Labour kicking and screaming back on track.

Quite rightly he is trounced! Long overdue, and others should follow.
And just imagine, towards the end of last year the remainers were trying to make him PM. Thank the Lord he did not get anywhere near that position.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

The EHRC says their investigations uncovered the fact that under corbyn  , the complaints inbox on anti semtism was left largely unmonitored for years , and no action taken on the majority of complaints received .

62/70 files reviewed had many of the records missing when ehrc went to investigate.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:57:29 PM
It appears Starmer has not read the report in full either, the fact that complaints were exaggerated is recorded in the EHRC report.

I've just watched an interview with Luciana Berger where she stated Corbyn knew of 2 separate incidents where she had been physically threatened by Labour MP's.

Are you a holocaust denier as well?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:57:29 PM
It appears Starmer has not read the report in full either, the fact that complaints were exaggerated is recorded in the EHRC report.

ahhh so everyone is wrong , they havent read the report and dont know what they are talking about , have suspended the ex labour leader for nothing and its all a big exxaggeration and media witch hunt cooked up by the dastardley tories?

lmfao.

The ehrc found 23 cases of labour party staff interfering in anti semitism cases , which included decisions over wether to investigate or suspend the accused.

QuoteEHRC says there were three major breaches of the Equality Act 2010:

-Political interference in antisemitism complaints.
-Failure to provide adequate training to those handling antisemitism complaints.
-Harassment
On Political Interference EHRC lays the blame squarely at Corbyn's office directly and says there were 23 instances of "inappropriate involvement by the Leader of the Opposition's Office (LOTO) and others in the 70 files looked at."

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:36:46 PMSo what, they have not read the report in full either.

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 01:42:06 PM
I think we have to face reality here. It has been an ongoing boil that has needed lancing for far too long. Corbyn, if he didn't support it, enabled it while he was leader and even now disagrees with the report. I think Starmer with his lawyer head on would trump any of us in our view of the report. If a snake looks like a snake and moves like one too, chances are it is one. Ignoring it has done enough damage.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:36:46 PM
So what, they have not read the report in full either.

the labour leader sir keir starmer has said he has read the report in full and found it very difficult to read and deal with. A day of shame for labour.

so what are you actually talking about?

Are you seriously telling us you think key party officials and politicians havent read such a crucial and damning report ?

You are seriously on another level of denial .

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 01:34:36 PM
I found Corbyn disconcerting for all sorts of reasons but one of the main ones was his ability to say one thing when it suited while quite obviously believing otherwise. I believe he had no other cause than power, in whatever way he could get it, and that made him a deceitful man. The other biggest problem was his weakness. Like so many of his type I believe he collapsed under any real confrontation. He would be the sort that in a group of bullies would be the one standing at the back egging the brutes on while feigning innocence, and so it was that those in his party running rampant were allowed to get away with it. It will take sterner stuff than Starmer charisma (or lack of) to get Labour kicking and screaming back on track.

totally agree toots. As you know im not the biggest fan of labour or starmer , never mind that muppet corbyn , but at least starmer has the political nous to stick his hands up , admit wrongdoing and try and move on .

Corbyn and his out of control hard left muppets still carry on burying their heads in the sand in utter and total denial.

Anti semtism in the labour party is nothing new as i said on here before. I remember it way back in the eighties in glasgow , clowns like geroge galloway are a clear example of the old anti semite types in labour from way back.

There was major links too between the labour party , irish republicanism and of course groups like the PLO.

I fully admit in many cases it was merely disagreeing with israel and its behaviour against palestinians , but in many other cases it was clear out and out anti semtism.

It seems to have come back to haunt labour and fell out the woodwork in large numbers yet again under corbyn , himself a 1970/80`s type labour dinosaur.

Three cheers for pappy though in yet again getting another one of his famous predictions wrong( labour will be found not guilty of wrongdoing) :D and long may he continue to defend labours indefensible actions.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:36:46 PM
So what, they have not read the report in full either. Labour has suspended a lot of people, and as facing if memory serves around 70 court cases because they have called people anti-semitic when they aren't.
(Still waiting for report on racism in the Tory party.)

I think we have to face reality here. It has been an ongoing boil that has needed lancing for far too long. Corbyn, if he didn't support it, enabled it while he was leader and even now disagrees with the report. I think Starmer with his lawyer head on would trump any of us in our view of the report. If a snake looks like a snake and moves like one too, chances are it is one. Ignoring it has done enough damage.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2020, 01:32:24 PM
His OWN PARTY just suspended him, what has that got to do with the media?

So what, they have not read the report in full either. Labour has suspended a lot of people, and as facing if memory serves around 70 court cases because they have called people anti-semitic when they aren't.
(Still waiting for report on racism in the Tory party.)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:20:43 PM
I suggest finding what Corbyn actually said and not what the media is stating he said.

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/posts/10158939532253872

Nick

I suggest finding what Corbyn actually said and not what the media is stating he said.

His OWN PARTY just suspended him, what has that got to do with the media?

Thomas

another deflection onto what the media may or may not be saying.

is the report incorrect or correct in your opinion.? never mind the media.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 29, 2020, 12:21:48 PM

And Jeremy Corbyn himself responded by saying he did not accept all of the report's findings, and blamed the media for 'overstating' the scale of the problem.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/corbynites-react-to-the-ehrc-report

And there are still some people who claim the whole anti Semitic charge was witch hunt against Corbyn...