ERHC finds Labour institutionally anti-semitic

Started by patman post, October 29, 2020, 12:21:48 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Barry

From the report it does seem Labour were "For the many, not the Jew".
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 09:46:46 AM
I didn't write you are hysterical the media/press are.  I agree with the report, (which it appears few people have read in full,) But no-where in the report does it state anti-Semitism was/is rife, (and given the few complaints it couldn't,) and nowhere in the report does it state  Labour institutionally anti-Semitic.
I have to wonder why there is no sign of the Tory party investigation into it own problems:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-racism-inquiry-boris-johnson-conservative-delay-a9659371.html

Anger as Boris Johnson's Tory racism inquiry yet to start eight months after he launched it
Exclusive: No call for evidence issued – three months after it was promised – risking action by equalities watchdog which has threatened its own probe

Rob Merrick
Deputy Political Editor
@Rob_Merrick
Saturday 08 August 2020 15:55

Any inquiry into racism in the Tory or any other party is a separate issue. The current EHRC report gives the findings of its inquiry into anti Semitism in the Labour Party...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on October 30, 2020, 07:29:55 AM
It is a worry pat. You really are so "viscous"....i was only having a wee "oak " with smurf while you were posting sexual innuendo comments to toots you monster.

Why is a guy who strides abour hackney with a scandinavian supermodel on his arm feel the need to make sexually explicit comments to toots , the lady of the forum? :)

Are you still upset with me having made a tit of yourself the other day over your peees and qews?
Perhaps if you were to explain what you understood to be the meaning of what you claim are sexually explicit comments we might get to see the relevance of your post to the EHRC report into the Labour Party, or an insight into your own mind...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

True the Israeli government is on the whole a piece of shit as well, but what does that have to do with Labour being anti-Semitic?
No smoke without fire and the Labour party openly admitted they like the Muslim vote.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 30, 2020, 10:57:31 AM
Perhaps you are not certain what really counts as antisemitism.

I am fully aware, but criticising the Israeli government for some of their disgusting  actions is NOT anti-Semitism.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 10:47:38 AM
This is like pulling bloody teeth, the report detailed few complaints so the press/media exaggeration is proven.
The way the press/media has been lying and propagandising about the issue for years they gave the impression Labour MPs/staff were beating up Jews in the street, putting human excrement through their letter boxes and desecrating graves.
Instead the report found a few complaints. (Those did need addressing in some cases by the police but were not.)

Perhaps you are not certain what really counts as antisemitism. It isn't just the extremes of the sort of disgusting and immoral behaviour that you describe in your post. There are too many personal reports circulating from people who support Labour for there to be any doubt. There has been a policy within the Labour party prevalent particularly in Corbyn's leadership years that simply cannot be denied. To do so is to align oneself with that behaviour. Whether it was because of Corbyn's inherent weakness and lack of leadership or not is certainly a moot point but his denial yesterday once again, even in the light of the report, shows a major character failing and his suspension is well deserved. He would have done better to keep his mouth shut.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 10:30:40 AM

The fact that you did is recorded in this thread.

This is like pulling bloody teeth, the report detailed few complaints so the press/media exaggeration is proven.
The way the press/media has been lying and propagandising about the issue for years they gave the impression Labour MPs/staff were beating up Jews in the street, putting human excrement through their letter boxes and desecrating graves.
Instead the report found a few complaints. (Those did need addressing in some cases by the police but were not.)

Nalaar

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 10:16:03 AMYou said the exaggeration was recorded in the EHRC. This is not so.

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 10:23:22 AMNo I did not

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:57:29 PMthe fact that complaints were exaggerated is recorded in the EHRC report.

The fact that you did is recorded in this thread.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 10:23:22 AM
No I did not, the few cases in the report exposes the exaggeration in the media/press going back years.

Have you read or heard of the truly terrible things that bullies in the Labour party have said to Jewish Labour party members? You can't be serious!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 10:16:03 AM
You said the exaggeration was recorded in the EHRC.

No I did not, the few cases in the report exposes the exaggeration in the media/press going back years.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 10:02:52 AM
It is the press/media who exaggerated the complaints, the EHRC report shows how few complaints there were.

You said the exaggeration was recorded in the EHRC. This is not so.

The fact that the EHRC found so many failings in the 70-sized sample that they investigated (12 of which were presented by the Labour Party themselves) is deep cause for concern.

Do not try and underplay the problem of Anti-semitism.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 30, 2020, 09:51:13 AM
Don't you think that the fact that so many records and documents were missing is telling?

Given how many records and documents the DWP and the Tory government loses, no I don't. No way of telling if losing records and documents is incompetence or deliberate.

Sheepy

Its only the Labour party Smurfy, nobody votes for them anyway, because they are complete shit.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 09:54:07 AM

So please show where the exaggerated complaints were recorded in the EHRC

It is the press/media who exaggerated the complaints, the EHRC report shows how few complaints there were.