Are we running out of topics to discuss?

Started by Borchester, October 29, 2020, 02:45:08 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on October 29, 2020, 03:38:59 PM

I know you had to ban him , but i still say cor blimey was the best of a bad bunch of sock puppets recently.

Tommy has a point Ollie. Cor Blimey might be a sarky sod, but he is lively with it. How about lifting his ban? He will be bound to overstep the mark pretty soon anyway so once we have had a few interesting posts you can give him the Spanish Archer again and everyone will be happy  :)
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2020, 02:45:08 PMAnyone with any other ideas for topics to discuss?

Are you getting bored? Just start a thread telling everyone to feck off, like I do  :D

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2020, 03:07:41 PM
My God, I forgot all about that! I suppose the intelligent thing would be to elect Kamala Harris rather than bother with the Man With No Morals and the Man With No Brain, but the Yanks God bless them, do like to make matters complicated  :)

I'm looking forward to Johnathan Pies post potus broadcast !
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2020, 03:20:40 PM
Not all T00ts and funnily enough we had a poster (who I suspect puts in a guest appearances on here under various guises occasionally) who declared if we voted for brexit he was going to live in the US,I guess Donald being elected scuppered that.

What a dilemma  ;)

wonder what happened to gerry the other day cromwell? was it something i said to him? :D

More likely his research into whats happening on the island of ireland is taking a bit longer tha normal.

I know you had to ban him , but i still say cor blimey was the best of a bad bunch of sock puppets recently.

Between the chinese sniffles , the four year slog over brexit , rumblings of scot indy etc etc , i think everyone is just plain old bone weary.

I know myself when i spend a bit of time reading and picking apart smurf posts , you know the game is up and boredom has set in.

Im sure  things will liven up again. The us election should be good fun as i said( i hate yank politics.........thats how bad our politics are at the minute.......being reduced to taking an interest in that shitfest) and then  the final few weeks to brexit should get a bit of a reaction from the usual hysterics.

I think its a shame most of the anglo left remainers seem to be keeping a low profile at the minute.

Still....gerry should be back in a few days once he has read up on jim o callaghan.

...and of course the odd sneer or two from javert and patman about us lowlife intellects polluting the forum pond.

We need a few jokes cromwell to liven things up ithink.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 03:08:08 PM
I have friends in the thick of it and the division between the two camps seems greater than ever. From our point of view Trump will have us on speed dial, so say, and Biden, if Obama has his ear, will put us well down the list of priorities. Biden won't last the 4 years in my view, and Trump if ousted won't go quietly with 2 months to wreak havoc before his time is up. Goodness knows what he will be like if he gets the vote. Whatever happens I think we are all in for a roller coaster ride. Most important of all would Meghan Markle keep her promise of not living in USA with Trump as President? (I suppose that's a girlie subject not for this male enclave)
Not all T00ts and funnily enough we had a poster (who I suspect puts in a guest appearances on here under various guises occasionally) who declared if we voted for brexit he was going to live in the US,I guess Donald being elected scuppered that.

What a dilemma  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 02:59:20 PM
I shouldn't worry I don't expect you to get involved.  :)

I keep being asked to get involved. Several times a day lately.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 29, 2020, 02:59:30 PM

christ im frogetting all about that toots. I rarely watch telly these days , but it should be a laugh if trump wins. I would imgine quite a few noses will be put out of joint and should provide a laugh a minute watching hysterical remainers and labour party types squealing in horror at the unfairness of democracy.

I have friends in the thick of it and the division between the two camps seems greater than ever. From our point of view Trump will have us on speed dial, so say, and Biden, if Obama has his ear, will put us well down the list of priorities. Biden won't last the 4 years in my view, and Trump if ousted won't go quietly with 2 months to wreak havoc before his time is up. Goodness knows what he will be like if he gets the vote. Whatever happens I think we are all in for a roller coaster ride. Most important of all would Meghan Markle keep her promise of not living in USA with Trump as President? (I suppose that's a girlie subject not for this male enclave)

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 29, 2020, 02:53:39 PM
I could too but it remains a men only locker room!  ;D  We could talk Christmas but even that gets immediately warped by Covid. My next late night is next week with  the Presidential elections but I think, poor things, they are on to a loser whichever way it lands. I can see even more riots coming.

My God, I forgot all about that! I suppose the intelligent thing would be to elect Kamala Harris rather than bother with the Man With No Morals and the Man With No Brain, but the Yanks God bless them, do like to make matters complicated  :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

I could too but it remains a men only locker room!  ;D  We could talk Christmas but even that gets immediately warped by Covid. My next late night is next week with  the Presidential elections but I think, poor things, they are on to a loser whichever way it lands. I can see even more riots coming.

Yes indeed T00ts,it isn't without reason I regard much of America an asylum.
Another black guy shot,his wife told them he was bipolar,ok so he had a knife so what did they do? multiple cops opened fire and not single shots either.

What would've happened here? the police would've tasered him.

Not only blacks though,recently a mother (white) called police to her son barely in his teens who was having an episode (he was autistic) and what did they do? Yep shot him.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

. My next late night is next week with  the Presidential elections but I think, poor things, they are on to a loser whichever way it lands.

christ im forgetting all about that toots. I rarely watch telly these days , but it should be a laugh if trump wins. I would imgine quite a few noses will be put out of joint and should provide a laugh a minute watching hysterical remainers and labour party types squealing in horror at the unfairness of democracy.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 02:55:38 PM
I can see riots coming both sides of the Atlantic.

I shouldn't worry I don't expect you to get involved.  :)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 02:50:24 PM
Loads but I have stopped bothering because all I get is a torrent of abuse and ridicule whenever I start a thread.

Stop whingeing. If you don't like being called a self pitying, hypocritical hypochondriac then stop being a self pitying, hypocritical hypochondriac. Having gotten that out of the way, what do you want to discuss?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I'd love to, Borky, but I can't find much other than Chinese Cough and Doomsayers in the press and I've tried to talk about the French freedom of speech and the recoil, but you know how it is.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I can see riots coming both sides of the Atlantic.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2020, 02:45:08 PM
Covid 19 and Brexit are all very well but both have had a good run neither can last forever.

I cough and sneeze on everyone I can and have plenty of friends who do the same, but with the best will in the world I can't see the Sino Snot lasting much longer. And the Brexit talks are clearly winding down and we can expect not much change come the New Year.

Anyone with any other ideas for topics to discuss?