It's World Ballet day today!

Started by T00ts, October 29, 2020, 03:59:59 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 29, 2020, 04:29:08 PM
There is, out there in cyberspace somewhere, a video of a dancer who, lumbered with two shopping bags,proceeds to close the boot of the car by reaching up to the handle, a foot above her head, with her left foot, whilst balanced on her right

My grand daughter insists she can do this too....

I think it would dislocate something ..

Yes more than possible. I admit I have never done it myself but thinking about it I am fairly sure it would have been a goer in my day.

johnofgwent

There is, out there in cyberspace somewhere, a video of a dancer who, lumbered with two shopping bags,proceeds to close the boot of the car by reaching up to the handle, a foot above her head, with her left foot, whilst balanced on her right

My grand daughter insists she can do this too....

I think it would dislocate something ..
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

In response to the dearth of topics here is one offering and a challenge. Now conscious of the number of males here I have included a ballet class with men in it so that you will all have something to aspire to.  :P Do not get discouraged if lack of flexibility is a handicap although if you can touch the floor with straight legs it helps as a start. I taught lots of males in my school mainly I think because I would not be classed as the typical ballerina. I once taught a serving policeman both Ballet and Jazz. He was straight as they come but he didn't let on at the station. His flexibility was amazing together with his strength.
Another man who did jazz with me was a real muscle guy and I found it tough to push him because he was so strong. One day I upped the pressure. He was doing a few press ups so I asked one of the girls, about 8 stone+ to lie face up on his back. He not only did 20 press-ups, he did them one handed. I gave up at that point.

So here for your delectation is a typical daily ballet work out. I regularly did 3 hour classes when a student by  which time we were properly warmed up. This is not so long. Enjoy.  :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9z7E2olOhY