I am a bit shocked by the anti-French feelings running riot

Started by Sheepy, October 30, 2020, 11:54:36 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 30, 2020, 12:59:44 PM
That's still a couple of months away, but often gets attacked by Islamofascists.
Productive smelling's got me again. I'll try again, naïveté — the new iPad seems to hate erudition...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 30, 2020, 01:03:04 PM
I'm not quite sure understand that post. Are you saying that we are all guilty of belittling all faiths? If you are my only thought is that there is a massive difference between questioning a faith or actually inciting world wide followers to massacre. Surely it is that threat that makes Western societies so vociferous.

Pat is doing her poor oppressed ethnic act  and as such supports the fashionable fascism of Mahathir Mohamad.

Neither of them count.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 30, 2020, 12:40:09 PM
^^^
I'm not questioning the right to protect ourselves from the actions such leader's hate speeches call for — I'm querying why, when "our side" is dishes out opinions the other side finds equally as offensive and dangerous, we are surprised.
It shows an alarming degree of nativity and lack of political ability in my view...

I'm not quite sure understand that post. Are you saying that we are all guilty of belittling all faiths? If you are my only thought is that there is a massive difference between questioning a faith or actually inciting world wide followers to massacre. Surely it is that threat that makes Western societies so vociferous.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 30, 2020, 12:40:09 PMIt shows an alarming degree of nativity
That's still a couple of months away, but often gets attacked by Islamofascists.

It is the freedom of the West which allows and facilitates movement of people such as the killer, so they spit on our freedoms and on our culture. It is a battle between civilisations.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

^^^
I'm not questioning the right to protect ourselves from the actions such leader's hate speeches call for — I'm querying why, when "our side" is dishes out opinions the other side finds equally as offensive and dangerous, we are surprised.
It shows an alarming degree of nativity and lack of political ability in my view...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 30, 2020, 12:24:51 PM
While the unconstrained speeches and tweeting by populist leaders and their followers continues in the supposed civilised West, should we be surprised at the unconstrained pronouncements by those whose morals are also guided by myth, legend, and the pursuit of personal power...?
No Pat three a difference,I don't want to go to a Muslim country nor have the right to go and tell them I want to build a church or that I want my western values allowed,not hat I would disallow mosques our values allow freedom of worship and expression as the the poor sod of a teacher did and was beheaded,no if they want to live here it's by our mores or they should sod off.

What is happening is they do want the reverse and it ain't on.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

While the unconstrained speeches and tweeting by populist leaders and their followers continues in the supposed civilised West, should we be surprised at the unconstrained pronouncements by those whose morals are also guided by myth, legend, and the pursuit of personal power...?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!