I am a bit shocked by the anti-French feelings running riot

Started by Sheepy, October 30, 2020, 11:54:36 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 01, 2020, 11:03:47 AM
I see 100 years of feminism has worked out really well for us blokes then?  ::)

Anyway, if she finds out I had a win, she'll think up some excuse for not having cash lying around, not when there are perfectly good shoes and handbags to buy  :D

;D ;D I do have sympathy. Because I was the one with the business we always had separate accounts so I never pulled that leg. I am not sure if I lost out or not. I still had (and still do) more shoes than I could manage to wear! It's a girl thing!  :-[  Although I must say my husband had a men's tailor's shop stock in his wardrobe when he passed!

Nalaar

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 01, 2020, 10:57:11 AM
I made a profit at the bookies yesterday? Do you think they'll come after me too?

Mind you, our lass will if she finds out  :D

Well damn, even for me that was pretty egregious. Homophones are the worst.
Don't believe everything you think.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on November 01, 2020, 10:59:32 AMI always understood that what is his is ours and what is mine is my own. Isn't that how it should be?

I see 100 years of feminism has worked out really well for us blokes then?  ::)

Anyway, if she finds out I had a win, she'll think up some excuse for not having cash lying around, not when there are perfectly good shoes and handbags to buy  :D

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 01, 2020, 10:57:11 AM
I made a profit at the bookies yesterday? Do you think they'll come after me too?

I always understood that what is his is ours and what is mine is my own. Isn't that how it should be?   :D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar on November 01, 2020, 09:24:22 AMI understand that these people think that drawing their profit is a capital offence

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 31, 2020, 11:43:32 AM
It is only unimportant to those who do not understand faith in God. My struggle is that they are incensed by a drawing of Muhammad. I understand that they revere him and what he stood for but he was a prophet in their eyes. Belief in God is quite separate. I cannot tolerate blasphemy or worship of graven images, but would agree that they have their priorities wrong although not with the same reasoning.

I understand that these people think that drawing their profit is a capital offence. They are wrong. The feelings they have about the drawings are wrong. Blasphemy is a restriction of self, not on others.

Quote from: Barry on October 31, 2020, 12:44:48 PM
They are terrorist extremists who want to cut off the heads of "infidels".
They hardly need a reason.

We explicitly know the reason for these attacks is their perception of blasphemy.

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 31, 2020, 03:08:54 PMlet them run riot in Paris.

That's an odd response to a series of murders. I would of thought we could all come to the common ground that it would be best if the murdering stopped.

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

let them run riot in Paris. Makes a change from London and it will show the snowflakes the depth of the shit they have allowed into the country
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 31, 2020, 12:44:48 PM

I agree. That's the whole point. They have had their views warped to the point that it bears no resemblance to the original belief.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 31, 2020, 11:43:32 AM
It is only unimportant to those who do not understand faith in God. My struggle is that they are incensed by a drawing of Muhammad. I understand that they revere him and what he stood for but he was a prophet in their eyes. Belief in God is quite separate. I cannot tolerate blasphemy or worship of graven images, but would agree that they have their priorities wrong although not with the same reasoning.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 31, 2020, 11:00:41 AM
I think these people have the wrong priorities. I understand they do not like blasphemy, but they have to understand how unimportant that feeling is.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 31, 2020, 12:36:54 AM
What can you say about people who follow a religion that is supposedly all powerful that is so fragile a cartoon causes so much hurt.

I think these people have the wrong priorities. I understand they do not like blasphemy, but they have to understand how unimportant that feeling is.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 07:17:44 PM
It's an old quote, but it's a good one -
"People have been murdered over cartoons. End of moral analysis."
Sam Harris.

The implication of self affliction ("supposed civilised West") is not one that sits well with me.
What can you say about people who follow a religion that is supposedly all powerful that is so fragile a cartoon causes so much hurt.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 30, 2020, 05:07:09 PM
Not as far as I am aware, but I'm neither a Muslim or a Jew and can only go on what I see commented on and reported.
Why not Google...?

I already did but there was nothing that I would term current. These things tend to happen quietly.