LOCKDOWN 2 - the November experience

Started by Barry, October 31, 2020, 08:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on November 02, 2020, 12:03:21 PM
It's no good all you deranged right-wingers showering me with anger, it won't make me like any of you!!

im not a right winger.

...and as far as i can see no one is angry with you.

Most of us are laughing at you wetting the bed as normal in fear of the big bad world outside your doorstep.

I dread to think the state you will be in if trump gets re elected , and as for brexit in 8 weeks time.......... :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

It's no good all you deranged right-wingers showering me with anger, it won't make me like any of you!!
Who would ever have thought that a deadly pandemic would be weaponised by the political right to further their war on society.

In the Second World War there was a phrase "dangerous talk costs lives" and that is also very true now.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

we were just discussing this on some of the scot forums....

"I doubt anyone in the UK has missed the 'SE English lives and jobs first' of the magic return to furlough.

The magic money tree exists for everyone south of the Watford gap."

QuoteCovid: Furlough backlash amid Welsh firebreak snub claims

The way Wales has been treated over cash for jobs during its firebreak compared to England is "not fair at all", says its first minister.

Mark Drakeford said requests to boost wage subsidies when a national lockdown was introduced in Wales were repeatedly turned down by the UK Treasury.

In October, the UK government paid up to 60% of furlough pay - including in the first week of the Wales firebreak.

It will now rise back to 80% across the UK as England's lockdown begins..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54766012

Covid lockdown: 'North worth less than South' mayor claims

Increased furlough payments for the national Covid lockdown shows the government "believes the North is worth less than the South", Liverpool's metro mayor has claimed.

Boris Johnson announced workers would receive 80% of their wages if businesses close during a four-week lockdown in England from Thursday.

Only 67% of pay was offered during tier three closures in the north of England...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54769232

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on November 02, 2020, 10:20:30 AM
I see this old troublemaker is stirring things again. . . restyling his Brexit party as a pro-coronavirus movement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54777346

well farage isnt my cup of tea , and you even less.............though as we all know on the forum you would love to see him and everyone else that doesnt tow your political and social line gagged wouldnt you quackers?

Theres nothing democratic about you.........despite calling yourself a liberal democrat.

Sheepy

Poor old Ducky, just wants a safe space, Ducky doesn't mind what you do as long as its feels like a safe space, making Zombies is childs play.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on November 02, 2020, 10:59:14 AM
But Esther McVey is wrong. The cure in NOT causing more harm than COVID - she should get real!  People are dying from Covid-19 at the current rate of well over 100 a day but nobody's going to die from lockdown. Well, maybe one or two people, like if they're hit by a meterorite in their back garden during the day when they'd otherwise have been out at work. Certainly 46,000 people haven't died and hundreds of thousands of others haven't been seriously ill because of lockdown.
I read this report yesterday about Connor Read, found dead in his room in Bangor.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8902745/First-Briton-catch-Covid-dies.html
Suicide rates continue to rise in England:
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3431
These deaths are of younger people with maybe 50 years ahead of them
No meteorites involved, you sarcastic Duck.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on November 02, 2020, 10:59:14 AM
But Esther McVey is wrong. The cure in NOT causing more harm than COVID - she should get real!  People are dying from Covid-19 at the current rate of well over 100 a day but nobody's going to die from lockdown. Well, maybe one or two people, like if they're hit by a meterorite in their back garden during the day when they'd otherwise have been out at work. Certainly 46,000 people haven't died and hundreds of thousands of others haven't been seriously ill because of lockdown.
Nobody will die from lockdown then ducky, although mental health has taken from being an epidemic to a pandemic, as people have no future and they are committing suicide at a rate that makes covid look very ordinary. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on November 02, 2020, 10:52:14 AM
Yes Nigel has caused the Tory remainers no end of trouble. And anti-democratic people such as yourself, Duck.

There is also a bit of a rebellion within the party.
e.g. MP Esther McVey has already clearly set out why she will be voting against the lockdown this week.
- she wrote "the lockdown cure is causing more harm than COVID".
LOL but they are saving you all Barry from the fate of Covid. It will of course have to be paid for at some point in time. With a cashless society it will be much easier to control of course. All you need is a chip and it will be so much easier. You want it, you know you do!

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on November 02, 2020, 10:52:14 AM
Yes Nigel has caused the Tory remainers no end of trouble. And anti-democratic people such as yourself, Duck.

e.g. MP Esther McVey has already clearly set out why she will be voting against the lockdown this week.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on November 02, 2020, 10:20:30 AM
I see this old troublemaker is stirring things again. . . restyling his Brexit party as a pro-coronavirus movement.

† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Thomas

You love nothing more than making a good crises out of a drama quackers dont you?

For whatever reason , certain agencies , organisations media and individuals have stuck to the original "estimate" from the who of a death rate of 3/4%  , when scientists around the world ( including professionals within the WHO itself) are questioning this figure every single day and arguing the death rate is no where near that figure.

As ever , without doing any checks or research yourself , you merely jump aboard the hysteria bandwagon , and dismiss those who are merely asking questions as delusional , in denial and conspiracy theorists.

No wonder politicians have little respect for the public at large with feckin sheep like you lapping up everything they say and their pets in the media.

Do you actually have a mind of your own?

Thomas

QuoteEarly reports from January painted a grim picture about just how deadly the coronavirus was. On March 3, the Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) said that "Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died." At the time, it was unclear whether the number of confirmed cases was very different from the number of total cases, so the WHO used confirmed cases to calculate how deadly the coronavirus was. This caused a lot of confusion among the media and the public.

But as researchers like us have learned more about the spread of the virus, we have discovered that the total number of infected people is far greater than the number of confirmed cases. When deaths from COVID-19 are divided by the total number of cases – not just reported cases – you get a statistic called the infection fatality rate (IFR), or colloquially, the death rate. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently has a best guess of 0.65% for the IFR. But current estimates fall anywhere between 0.2% and 1%, a surprisingly large range when calculating the infection fatality rate should be as simple as dividing the number of deaths by total infections. And these estimates are changing all the time. In fact, in the time it took to write this article, the CDC changed its best estimate of the fatality rate from 0.26% to 0.65%.

https://theconversation.com/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-the-true-fatality-rate-is-tricky-to-find-but-researchers-are-getting-closer-141426

Thomas

....and around 6 months ago  , questions were being raised of the mortality rate for covid 19 which were supposed to be as you hysterically keep shouting around 3% , but as this article says.....

QuoteDebates over methodology are ongoing, and questions swirl around error rates for tests that as yet are approved only under the FDA's emergency use authorization.

Alternatively, these results may indicate the deadly COVID-19 pandemic – with mortality rates generally under 1% – is no more deadly than the seasonal influenza. If that is true, the near-global stay-at-home mandates could have been an overreaction.

https://www.biospace.com/article/multiple-studies-suggest-covid-19-mortality-rate-may-be-lower-than-expected-/

Thomas

QuoteCovid-19 updates: One in 10 worldwide may have had virus, WHO says

QuoteOne in 10 people around the world may have contracted Covid-19, the World Health Organization said, at a special meeting of WHO leaders.

A top official said the estimate meant "the vast majority of the world remains at risk".

Just over 35m people have been confirmed as being infected with coronavirus - the WHO's estimate puts the true figure at closer to 800m.

Experts have long said the real number of cases would exceed those confirmed

QuoteThe estimate that 10% of the world's population has contracted the virus came from Mike Ryan, the executive director of the WHO's Health Emergencies Programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54422023