LOCKDOWN 2 - the November experience

Started by Barry, October 31, 2020, 08:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on June 14, 2021, 07:11:04 PM
And once again @Streetwalker , Boris proves you can "Never trust a Tory".
Note the use of percentages to try to cover up the very small numbers in hospital.
There goes if we don't talk about it, it will disappear up Boris's backside. Another four weeks until the next trigger then.
Triggers broom can last forever it seems.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

And once again @Streetwalker , Boris proves you can "Never trust a Tory".
Note the use of percentages to try to cover up the very small numbers in hospital.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on June 14, 2021, 12:43:30 PM

Is everyone getting it yet?

I am still following the advice given to me by my GP, avoid people and shops.(Which given the aftermath of the G7 and the mass influx of people including police officers from where the Gunga Din variant is rife.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

How's that November lockdown going?  ???

About 1000 patients in hospital and new admissions about equal to discharges so level.
Deaths level, about 10 a day.
Infections rising, very few getting sick.

QuoteJust to flatten the curve
Just until Christmas
Just until the vulnerable are vaccinated
Just until Easter
Just until 100% are vaccinated
Just until June 21st
Just 4 more weeks
Is everyone getting it yet?

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on March 24, 2021, 04:10:54 PM
Do I?
Your post does not deserve a reply.
But we're expected to believe the numbers showing some adverse effects of Covid are disregarding what usually happens in non-Covid years, and it's all number juggling anyway.
So why should we not now question the proposition that a different range of adverse effects could not also be disregarding what usually happens in more normal times...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on March 27, 2021, 12:47:28 PM
4.7 tests in 1000 are currently positive. (0.47%)
What's the false positive rate, again?

At least lockdown ceases on Monday, but most restrictions do not.

Remember Hands, Face, Space.
Let's keep going  Puke
Well do you reckon it has made them happier people for it? They have kept people isolated for a year from friends and families, created what is basically a police state and injected all those who volunteered with who knows what. I don't think it has somehow, they didn't get everyone.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

4.7 tests in 1000 are currently positive. (0.47%)
What's the false positive rate, again?

At least lockdown ceases on Monday, but most restrictions do not.

Remember Hands, Face, Space.
Let's keep going  Puke
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: patman post on March 24, 2021, 04:02:16 PM
∆∆∆

And you believe that before lock-down, millions didn't already have mental problems...?
Do I?
Your post does not deserve a reply.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

∆∆∆

And you believe that before lock-down, millions didn't already have mental problems...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on March 24, 2021, 12:43:35 PM
At last I think I can see what you are basing your arguments on — ie, it's the effects of the unhealthy modern environment which we now try to correct by devising more antidotes which themselves have adverse side effects. I don't necessarily disagree. But I do question the motives or reasoning of those who scour the outer reaches of the internet to promote anti-vaxxer type sentiments.

So I'm not going to convert my home to a Faraday cage, clad my family in tin foil, refuse to have a smart meter, or wilfully ignore the advice better informed people than me are giving on how to protect us during this pandemic, etc, etc, etc.

What we are doing is judging what we think is safe to do in our daily lives and seek to counter any of its ill effects by taking appropriate advice and, where important, vaccinations (I think against 30+ conditions for our two princesses so far), medications and other treatment...
Thankfully I'm not an anti-vaxxer (whatever that is).  You are welcome to inject a weakened form of a virus to kick-start your immune system (by the way, if your immune system cannot save you, then god knows how a vaccine works).  But I'm against adjuvants, nano-particles, and genetically engineered mRNA, which are not intrinsic to vaccines.  Those things are worse than junk that goes in your food.

Did you know you can save yourself from cancer by jumping off a tower block, but, hmmmm, it's not the most convenient treatment.  Honestly.  😉
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on March 24, 2021, 09:16:42 AM
It's all very interesting, but nothing that shows any contagious disease before the 20th century which was caused purely by infection and not by bad practices, and which killed millions of people.  Your claim is that things got worse because of people living more densely, but I suggest it's because of bad practices.  So the plague was spread by terrible sanitation, and now we eat junk, breathe junk, and get bathed in radiation, (and who knows, maybe vaccines are also to blame).  These new practices affect the immune system.  That's what the evidence shows - that's why most people have no symptoms with SARS-COV2.
At last I think I can see what you are basing your arguments on — ie, it's the effects of the unhealthy modern environment which we now try to correct by devising more antidotes which themselves have adverse side effects. I don't necessarily disagree. But I do question the motives or reasoning of those who scour the outer reaches of the internet to promote anti-vaxxer type sentiments.

So I'm not going to convert my home to a Faraday cage, clad my family in tin foil, refuse to have a smart meter, or wilfully ignore the advice better informed people than me are giving on how to protect us during this pandemic, etc, etc, etc.

What we are doing is judging what we think is safe to do in our daily lives and seek to counter any of its ill effects by taking appropriate advice and, where important, vaccinations (I think against 30+ conditions for our two princesses so far), medications and other treatment...

Scott777

Quote from: Barry on March 24, 2021, 10:22:57 AM
We will be able to go out when we like.
Strictly speaking, you can go out when you want.  But a copper might tell you to go home.  It's a miniscule risk.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

In 5 days the lockdown ends in some respects, as the stay at home is removed. We will be able to go out when we like.
Remember that there is a plethora of exceptions to the rules, such as childcare bubbles, travel to minimise harm to your own health, travel to view houses. Become a house hunter, make a few bookings for viewings, especially on the coast - and stop at a local Premier Inn.

As for talk of a third wave, after attaining herd immunity through infections and vaccines, it is more likely to be a drip. New variants, so far, have not evaded the vaccine. Cases are not important, serious illness and deaths are, even though the vast majority of those were over 80 years.
† The end is nigh †