Little sleep tonight?

Started by T00ts, November 03, 2020, 09:54:37 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I remember with fondness the days of my naive youth when I too stayed up all night.

I remember - it must have been 83 - John Peel launching the BBC2 while you wait for the results to come in programme - Meat Loafs Bat Out of Hell, Warren Zevons Werewolves of London ... followed by American Grafitti. I remember someone else years later doing a list of banned videos - the stones in drag doing 'can you see your mother baby standing in the shadow', Cher butt naked on the Missouri ? Legs akimbo the main guns with thousands of cheering sailors doing If I could Turn Back Time ...

protest songs, anti Vietnam songs, you name it.... And Stings dark, dark rendition of every breath you take for spitting image...

These days it's endless politician poop ... Dribbling from their gobs for hours.

Although to be fair, the Look on that cock Dimblebys face in 2016;at 6:01 when he had to say 'Britain Is Leaving The EU' and the sight of little Owen crying his eyes out in December last year because Corbyn got a slapping does make it worthwhile.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I don't really care enough who wins to watch the USA results. Have a good night!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I have a tradition of staying up for both US and UK elections so I am prepared for a very late night tonight although it seems there won't be the usual excitement because of the way they have been casting votes this time. It may be well into tomorrow before we can be sure of the result. It may well be interesting though to see what happens.

Does anyone else stay tuned?