Little sleep tonight?

Started by T00ts, November 03, 2020, 09:54:37 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

If its as close as predicted the result could be days ,even weeks away with counts ,recounts and possible court cases  before the result is official .

Its not worth a sleepless night

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on November 03, 2020, 04:40:38 PM
What a choice the yanks have toots.

Biden seem to me to be a pathetically weak senile old man . We dont need to say anymore than we have on trump.

I was reading this about biden...

https://archive.is/9D2Xv

https://archive.is/cPjFe

what a choice america has , and you can see the yank elite behind the scenes are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at trump to get rid of him.

Im not trump fan , but by christ how is it a nation of some 330 million stretched across a country the size of europe that is the most powerfull nation on earth has twice now is 5 years produced a complete bunch of muppets to run for president.

Whoever wins , the american people will be the losers.

I have said all along what a dreadful choice the poor people have. Biden can't possibly be in office for 4 years and I haven't seen enough of his running mate to  judge but the whole thing is scary. I actually feel sorry for the man. It's as if he has turned into a puppet/muppet wheeled out as required by a political party that has really lost its way since Obama. Let's face it he was all rhetoric, pseudo sex appeal and little action. I cannot believe the USA dilemma.

Quote from: Borchester on November 03, 2020, 04:49:43 PM
Maybe the Yanks are just trying to prove that they don't really need a president?

Anyway, I reckon that Biden will win which means that Kamala Harris will be running the show. And Kamala will tick all the right boxes but make sure that she does not really piss off Middle America because she will want its votes when she runs for president in 2024. :)

The American man won't tolerate a woman president. Strong women frighten American men. Poor things. If Biden wins then collapses they will not accept her. Gosh we talked about Corbyn being run by a puppeteer but Biden won't even be compos mentis. No wonder they are boarding up properties State wide.
Quote from: Thomas on November 03, 2020, 04:54:36 PM
she seems quite the delicate wee flower borkie..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/30/kamala-harris-truant-children-parents-prosecutions-clip

someone on the scottish sites said she comes across as a narcissitic punitive sociopath.

Was it slavoj zizek who predicted america will destroy itself from within?

You can see why the way things are going and how the muppets at the top are tearing the place apart .

No woman who has arrived on the ballot paper in a USA presidential election could ever be described as a 'delicate wee flower' any more that you would describe Sturgeon as such!  ;)

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 03, 2020, 04:49:43 PM
Maybe the Yanks are just trying to prove that they don't really need a president?

Anyway, I reckon that Biden will win which means that Kamala Harris will be running the show. And Kamala will tick all the right boxes but make sure that she does not really piss off Middle America because she will want its votes when she runs for president in 2024. :)

she seems quite the delicate wee flower borkie..

QuoteIn a 2010 speech, Kamala Harris laughed as she described the backlash to her decision to start prosecuting the parents of children who were truant from school.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/30/kamala-harris-truant-children-parents-prosecutions-clip

someone on the scottish sites said she comes across as a narcissitic punitive sociopath.

Was it slavoj zizek who predicted america will destroy itself from within?

You can see why the way things are going and how the muppets at the top are tearing the place apart .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 03, 2020, 04:40:38 PM

Im not trump fan , but by christ how is it a nation of some 330 million stretched across a country the size of europe that is the most powerfull nation on earth has twice now is 5 years produced a complete bunch of muppets to run for president.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

This article here says kamala harris slept her way to the top and offered sex for political favours.

:D

Kamala Harris, that vaunted self-righteous feminist candidate who's using her 'year of the woman' chops to challenge President Trump in 2020, has a little problem: She slept her way to the top.

You know, the mistress thing, not exactly moving on up based on hard work or merit, that little advantage of good looks (President Obama called her the 'best-looking' state attorney general), employed to their optimal practical use. Her political patron, former lawyer to pimps, Mayor of San Francisco, and State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown, admitted he helped her get her political start, writing in his bloggy San Francisco Chronicle column:

Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker.

And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco. I have also helped the careers of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Gov. Gavin Newsom, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and a host of other politicians.

Now you know where we get these people from. Somehow Harris, who was in her late 20s or at most 30 when she dated the 60-year-old married Brown around 1994 did so because he was just so very irresistable.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/willie_brown_admits_it_kamala_harris_slept_her_way_to_the_top.html

some feminist. :D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2020, 04:28:11 PM
I will watch from 10pm but then take the easy way out and move to a TV in the bedroom and watch in comfort. I don't usually sleep much anyway but if it's really boring I might get more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz than usual.

What a choice the yanks have toots.

Biden seem to me to be a pathetically weak senile old man . We dont need to say anymore than we have on trump.

I was reading this about biden...

QuoteBiden Pledges to Gut Religious Freedom Protections, Saying They Give 'Hate' a 'Safe Harbor'

Joe Biden made no bones about it: If he wins the presidential election, he will gut religious freedom protections that allow faith-based homeless shelters, charities, and small business owners to act according to their consciences. Specifically, he will shove LGBT ideology down the throats of religious Americans in the name of fighting "discrimination."

https://archive.is/9D2Xv

QuoteJoe Biden pledged on Thursday that within his first 100 days in office, he would sign into law the Equality Act, a pro-LGBT bill that President Trump has warned is "filled with poison pills that threaten to undermine parental and conscience rights."
As written, the Equality Act would amend existing federal law in an effort to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. The bill would specifically target education, employment, housing, schools, facilities, and access to federal funds.

https://archive.is/cPjFe

what a choice america has , and you can see the yank elite behind the scenes are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at trump to get rid of him.

Whoever wins , the american people will be the losers.

T00ts

I will watch from 10pm but then take the easy way out and move to a TV in the bedroom and watch in comfort. I don't usually sleep much anyway but if it's really boring I might get more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz than usual.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2020, 09:54:37 AMI have a tradition of staying up for both US and UK elections

I do for the UK elections, usually with 3 bottles of red. The wife comes down to me fairly mortalious in the morning.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 03, 2020, 02:44:03 PM
Is that the optimist point of view?
We will see, I expect the result to be close.

Business's  in America are boarding their shop windows in preparation for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBrGg3qzH60
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Because of all the different twists and turns — and maybe the media hype that's forecasting a cliffhanger — I've found this election's become more absorbing as the vote counting approaches.

I'd not intended to stay up, but if I catch the coverage beginning, and it's interesting enough to grab me, I can see myself waking up on the sofa tomorrow morning with a couple of empty bottles and the TV still on...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
If it is not big win for Biden that Trump cannot possible argue with, something akin to civil war.
Is that the optimist point of view?
We will see, I expect the result to be close.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2020, 02:26:52 PM

I wonder if we will see any tonight...

If it is not big win for Biden that Trump cannot possible argue with, something akin to civil war.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2020, 11:07:45 AM
Due to the corrupt voting college system Trump could still "win" even if loses the popular vote.

I note that the electoral college system has been in place throughout many Democrat presidencies in my life and none have changed it. One must presume it suited them up to now.

There were a few faithless electors last time round.

I wonder if we will see any tonight...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2020, 10:48:55 AM
I remember with fondness the days of my naive youth when I too stayed up all night.

I remember - it must have been 83 - John Peel launching the BBC2 while you wait for the results to come in programme - Meat Loafs Bat Out of Hell, Warren Zevons Werewolves of London ... followed by American Grafitti. I remember someone else years later doing a list of banned videos - the stones in drag doing 'can you see your mother baby standing in the shadow', Cher butt naked on the Missouri ? Legs akimbo the main guns with thousands of cheering sailors doing If I could Turn Back Time ...

protest songs, anti Vietnam songs, you name it.... And Stings dark, dark rendition of every breath you take for spitting image...

These days it's endless politician poop ... Dribbling from their gobs for hours.

Although to be fair, the Look on that cock Dimblebys face in 2016;at 6:01 when he had to say 'Britain Is Leaving The EU' and the sight of little Owen crying his eyes out in December last year because Corbyn got a slapping does make it worthwhile.

That's nice. Perhaps I am still in my naive youth I hadn't thought of that! I have no favourite this time as both seem to be non starters in my book both politically and personally, but the mayhem may be quite interesting if it all kicks off and it does seem that the 'Arab Spring' syndrome may well be about to hit America. Since we usually manage to follow the USA example in so many things perhaps the next few days will show us what may happen here in the not too distant future.

papasmurf

Due to the corrupt voting college system Trump could still "win" even if loses the popular vote.