Twitter bans David Icke over Covid misinformation

Started by papasmurf, November 04, 2020, 08:42:48 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I hear on the grapevine he has been contacted by MK Ultra Survivors Barry, that won't go down well.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 04, 2020, 11:02:52 AM
OK. But, you are not judge, jury and executioner, no one is obliged to provide Smurfy with "uninterrupted chain evidence".

If there is no uninterrupted chain of evidence is just speculation and theory.  Even using the term "Novichock" from the start is biased prejudgement, given  there are least 100 nerve agents produced by more than one country.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2020, 10:56:56 AM
To be accurate, I don't believe the fairy story the spooks told us via the then Prime Minster, the media, and the press.
The misinformation came from them not me.
I have never commented one way or the other who about it and neither has to this day the OPCW.
(The "Russians" is very imprecise terminology anyway.)
There is still no uninterrupted chain evidence to put before a court.  (Which is all I have asked for in that an similar cases.)
OK. But, you are not judge, jury and executioner, no one is obliged to provide Smurfy with "uninterrupted chain evidence".

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2020, 10:46:20 AMAnyone even attempting to question for example transgenderism ,gender reform policies etc are being banned by the hundreds.
That is even more worrying, as what is discussed there, is an ideology which goes beyond the realms of biological facts.
Those standing up for biological fact get banned, so Twitter are wrong. Censorship is questionable, however and wherever it occurs.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Well funny old world ain't it, I was only listening to people telling me people don't die from lockdown, immediately followed that evening on the news about how no emergency operations were being put off and people weren't dying from lockdown, followed the next day by thousands of people phoning in to say they had been put off and had friends die in the meantime waiting. So in my infinite wisdom, I realised somebody is lying through their back teeth.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 04, 2020, 10:43:58 AM
Some people believe the Russians were not responsible for the Skripal attack. They even say so on public forums and are allowed to publish such misinformation.

To be accurate, I don't believe the fairy story the spooks told us via the then Prime Minster, the media, and the press.
The misinformation came from them not me.
I have never commented one way or the other who about it and neither has to this day the OPCW.
(The "Russians" is very imprecise terminology anyway.)
There is still no uninterrupted chain evidence to put before a court.  (Which is all I have asked for in that an similar cases.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 04, 2020, 10:31:45 AM
Everyone knows Icke is a wacko.
Didn't he claim to be Jesus Christ at one time?
People can make their own minds up to ignore wackos like him. I prefer him to have free speech, but we are non paying guests on Facebook and Twitter etc. so they can have who they like.
Icke can continue using his own website to spout rubbish.

He might be, but his comments on what passes for news journalism these days are very much the truth..I have seen it myself. A SPAD comes out of a side door at the HoC, hands Muck Robinson or whoever a piece of paper and they immediately broadcast it as gospel.

As a young man I saw them handed these missives when Ian Grist took me and fifty other sixth form pupils to see Westminster. But in those days they jumped in a taxi to take them back to BBC and ITV HQ to dissect them in n time for the 6pm news.

Today they read them as gospel at a truck across the road ...

And twatter had for some time now been the exclusive property of momentum and the greenards while parler is the platform of the trump and mogg brigade.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 04, 2020, 10:31:45 AM
People can make their own minds up to ignore wackos like him. I prefer him to have free speech, but we are non paying guests on Facebook and Twitter etc. so they can have who they like.

Totally agree barry.

I prefer free speech myself , and i fully agree this guy is a complete nutjob.

We have had these sort of discussions over the years , talking in the past about groups like sinn fein having a media blackout , or the hard left trying to get nick griffin banned from either standing or publicly speaking.

As the old saying goes , many of us dont agree with these people , but we will defend their right to free speech , and its free speech that is increasingly becoming the problem.

Twitter is starting to get an extremely unsavoury reputation for banning free speech. Anyone even attempting to question for example transgenderism ,gender reform policies etc are being banned by the hundreds.

Wether these people are heidcases like icke , or merely questioning the way society is headed doesnt make the problem go away or dissent dissapear by  banning them...it merely entrenches it and martyrs the individual.

I think it sad the way we are headed .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2020, 10:33:44 AM
Enough idiots believe him for it to be a problem.
Some people believe the Russians were not responsible for the Skripal attack. They even say so on public forums and are allowed to publish such misinformation.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I am surprised he wasn't banned ages ago:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54804240

Twitter bans David Icke over Covid misinformation
Published8 hours ago

Twitter has banned the account of British conspiracy theorist David Icke.

"The account referenced has been permanently suspended for violating Twitter's rules regarding Covid misinformation," a spokesman told the BBC.

The action comes six months after Facebook and YouTube took similar action, saying Mr Icke had posted misleading claims about the pandemic.