Covid-19: 'Stay in lockdown until R number is below 1' - Keir Starmer

Started by GBNews, November 04, 2020, 01:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 05, 2020, 06:09:01 PM
If I had CV and took an overdose 2 weeks later my DC would say CV-19 not overdose.
How can these be accurate numbers? The figures should be people who die of it whilst they have it only.
Who's to say with certainty that Covid didn't disturb the balance of your mind?

There's still so much more to learn about the immediate and long-term effects on this virus — there are fears it's now managing to mutate in mink to a changed form that can infect humans...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54818615
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 05, 2020, 11:15:31 PM
Common enough for the death toll figures in July to be reduced by four thousand five hundred.

Or are you going to call Boris a liar ?

Well the regulator recently criticised the uk government on thier figures that they used to justify their latest lockdown.

The same figures that javert and others say mustnt be questioned when it predicts the covid 19 armageddon that suits their narrative...

Covid: Regulator criticises data used to justify lockdown

The government has been criticised by the official statistics watchdog for the way it presented data to justify England's second lockdown .

The UK Statistics Authority highlighted the use of modelling at Saturday's TV briefing showing the possible death toll from Covid this winter.

It said there needed to be more transparency about data and how predictions were being made.

The projections were out of date and over-estimated deaths, it has emerged.

A forecast made by Public Health England and Cambridge University said the country could soon be seeing more than 4,000 deaths a day.

QuoteThe projection was made weeks ago and had forecast there would be 1,000 deaths a day by the end of October when the average was actually four times less than that - a fact that was known at the time of Saturday's TV briefing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54831334

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Javert on November 05, 2020, 05:17:33 PM
A common occurrence of course.

Common enough for the death toll figures in July to be reduced by four thousand five hundred.

Or are you going to call Boris a liar ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 05, 2020, 06:09:01 PM
If I had CV and took an overdose 2 weeks later my DC would say CV-19 not overdose.
How can these be accurate numbers? The figures should be people who die of it whilst they have it only.

Well now you raise the second problem

As shown by research done in the Republic of Ireland, the standard test for COVID19 uses techniques to amplify the amount of material before running a diagnostic, because the clinically effective concentration is well below the diagnostic threshold.

But this process, in striving not to falsely report as negative a disease carrier, is being abused to the point inert RNA sequences from fractured viral cell fragments are being taken, amplified and detected as active virus.

The Irish research showed this to be the case for several weeks after the point where the infected person is able to be discharged as a survivor and no longer infectious

And these false positives are utterly unrelated to 'long covid' which I know and recognise as side effects incredibly similar to those my peers sought to cure in soldiers attacked by biological weapons.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2020, 03:11:26 PM
Covid-19 dead within 28 days of being infected, the number is updated everyday,

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 05, 2020, 08:49:00 AMA government that deliberately chose to say those dying through falling under a bus died of COVID because sixty days ago they tested positive but fifty days ago resumed their training for the London marathon and yesterday failed to hear the electric bus that mowed them down

A common occurrence of course.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 05, 2020, 08:49:00 AM
But deaths of what, though.

Covid-19 dead within 28 days of being infected, the number is updated everyday,

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 05, 2020, 08:49:00 AM

Some time ago one of the reports said it would be the last of this form as the figures for flu deaths were going to be included in the next one.

A government that deliberately chose to say those dying through falling under a bus died of COVID because sixty days ago they tested positive but fifty days ago resumed their training for the London marathon and yesterday failed to hear the electric bus that mowed them down, is not one that can be trusted unless they put up a spokeswanker to both take the flak for that abomination and then explain in teeth grating detail what they are now doing differently that allows one to have confidence they are not still bullshitting.

I have heard no such event
Seems a moot point. It's like someone dying after getting shot and then discussing whether the fatality was caused through blood loss, heart attack, internal organ damage, septicaemia, etc. The likelihood is the death was initiated by being shot, however soon, or long, after the event the victim would have died without being shot.

Excess deaths over deaths normally expected during this time of year seems a reasonable guide to the fatality of Covid — despite Hands/Face/Space, lockdown and shielding also reducing seasonal virus spread and resulting hospitalisations...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on November 04, 2020, 06:20:58 PM
Highest since May apparently...

Some time ago one of the reports said it would be the last of this form as the figures for flu deaths were going to be included in the next one.

A government that deliberately chose to say those dying through falling under a bus died of COVID because sixty days ago they tested positive but fifty days ago resumed their training for the London marathon and yesterday failed to hear the electric bus that mowed them down, is not one that can be trusted unless they put up a spokeswanker to both take the flak for that abomination and then explain in teeth grating detail what they are now doing differently that allows one to have confidence they are not still bullshitting.

I have heard no such event

patman post

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 04, 2020, 04:24:26 PM
Cancel the lockdown, then
https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/03/coronavirus-r-rate-in-uk-has-fallen-to-1-13528595/
and it is still falling, so could well already be below 1. Before lockdown has started.

But in 4 weeks the gov will remove the lockdown and say what a good job they did, when it was already falling and didn't need a lockdown.

Deaths are still increasing though.

Barry

Quote from: News on November 04, 2020, 01:06:49 PM
Covid-19: 'Stay in lockdown until R number is below 1' - Keir Starmer

The Labour leader says the government must improve its test, trace and isolate processes.

Source: Covid-19: 'Stay in lockdown until R number is below 1' - Keir Starmer
Cancel the lockdown, then
https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/03/coronavirus-r-rate-in-uk-has-fallen-to-1-13528595/
and it is still falling, so could well already be below 1. Before lockdown has started.

But in 4 weeks the gov will remove the lockdown and say what a good job they did, when it was already falling and didn't need a lockdown.
† The end is nigh †