Assisted dying: Hancock on Covid lockdown travel rules

Started by GBNews, November 05, 2020, 07:02:34 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 05, 2020, 07:37:23 PM
That's not right.
It implies special favour to complicity in assisted suicide, something which is still an offence in this country.

Well, I suppose someone of your beliefs would see it that way.

I've watched six relatives die of cancer and I now have to watch a mate of mine of many years, and another best mates missus go the same way. Thanks to not getting treatment thanks to this pox.

I have a different view.

I see Hancock declaring a wish to travel to Switzerland to die to be equally reasonable as travelling there on business.

The whole point of going there is to go there under your own steam while you still can.

I think to take a different view is to decide such people die in agony instead of in a way they choose.

Isn't that playing God ???
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

I've been on/off about posting an assisted suicide topic for a while, given suicide is the most fundamental expression of individual autonomy, it's interesting to consider to what extent we accept/enable it. I may get round to a topic this weekend.
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 05, 2020, 07:37:23 PM
That's not right.
It implies special favour to complicity in assisted suicide, something which is still an offence in this country.

Well it doesn't excuse the govt in assisted homicide in that they knowingly had old people returned to care homes in full knowledge they were suffering from corona virus, or withholding treatment based on age.

So the reality is they cannot do any other given their complicity in the above.

(btw)did you get pm today?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

That's not right.
† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Assisted dying: Hancock on Covid lockdown travel rules

British people can travel countries that allow assisted dying despite lockdown restrictions, the health secretary has said.

Source: Assisted dying: Hancock on Covid lockdown travel rules