They have slashed my coal allowance!

Started by Borchester, November 07, 2020, 01:27:22 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2020, 02:03:20 PM
A kindly thought John.

The wood stove is out because of Madam's asthma, which breaks her heart. The stove that is, not the asthma. We have a mass of timber available and the thought of spending money on gas and lecky hurts her frugal Yorkshire soul.

Saddo says what he likes (mostly that it is someone else's fault) and like most Londoners, I do what I like.
A politically motivated one too. Redbrook Bridge is the new Checkpoint Charlie in Drakeford's fiefdom, in which the welsh for 'No Pasaran' is 'Ddim Pasaran, Butt' because the lazy fuckers cannot be bothered to think up their own words. I was of course going to have the whole afair livestreamed for the Abolish The Welsh Assembly Party as One Day In The Life of The Bridge On The River Wye - smuggling welsh beer and welsh coal into locked down england and all that ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 07, 2020, 01:43:43 PM
Come and meet me at Redbrook on the A466 at Checkpoint Dickhead  next Saturday. Bring someone able to drive a hired Transit pickup.

I will hire one, nip up to the valleys around Ebbw vale where the coal is starting to slide like it did at aberfan and shovel three tons into the back for you. It's bugger all use for making steel but it should be ok in your Aga.

Oh crap. You can't burn that these days can you. Saddo Khant has banned it. And wood burning. So I guess you'll have to burn the money to keep warm...

A kindly thought John.

The wood stove is out because of Madam's asthma, which breaks her heart. The stove that is, not the asthma. We have a mass of timber available and the thought of spending money on gas and lecky hurts her frugal Yorkshire soul.

Saddo says what he likes (mostly that it is someone else's fault) and like most Londoners, I do what I like.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2020, 01:47:17 PM
The DWP probably assumed that a nubile piece like you would not be alone for long Toots  :)

As said, no great lose although it was useful for keeping keeping the family liquored up. Maybe I will use the money to buy a cider press and have a traditional Christmas. Nothing says Xmas so much as sour scrumpy. :)

Oh dear I'll have to take your word for that!   ;D ;D

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 07, 2020, 01:40:11 PM
A few years ago they cut mine in half. When I questioned it they assured me that I no longer lived alone. I told them how interesting that was and asked if they be kind enough to tell me who had moved in as I hadn't seen anyone lurking about the place, unless of course they were under the spare bed and I only kept my bank manager in the wardrobe. This caused the right amount of merriment and concern and my allowance was duly increased. I never did discover the source of their information.

The DWP probably assumed that a nubile piece like you would not be alone for long Toots  :)

As said, no great lose although it was useful for keeping keeping the family liquored up. Maybe I will use the money to buy a cider press and have a traditional Christmas. Nothing says Xmas so much as sour scrumpy. :)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Come and meet me at Redbrook on the A466 at Checkpoint Dickhead  next Saturday. Bring someone able to drive a hired Transit pickup.

I will hire one, nip up to the valleys around Ebbw vale where the coal is starting to slide like it did at aberfan and shovel three tons into the back for you. It's bugger all use for making steel but it should be ok in your Aga.

Oh crap. You can't burn that these days can you. Saddo Khant has banned it. And wood burning. So I guess you'll have to burn the money to keep warm...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2020, 01:27:22 PM
We usually get £200 each but the DWP has finally twigged that there are two of us claiming and thus are only entitled to £100 a head.

We have gotten away with it for five years and it will pay for the Christmas booze, but I do hate it when officialdom gets its act together

A few years ago they cut mine in half. When I questioned it they assured me that I no longer lived alone. I told them how interesting that was and asked if they be kind enough to tell me who had moved in as I hadn't seen anyone lurking about the place, unless of course they were under the spare bed and I only kept my bank manager in the wardrobe. This caused the right amount of merriment and concern and my allowance was duly increased. I never did discover the source of their information.

Borchester

We usually get £200 each but the DWP has finally twigged that there are two of us claiming and thus are only entitled to £100 a head.

We have gotten away with it for five years and it will pay for the Christmas booze, but I do hate it when officialdom gets its act together
Algerie Francais !