Another phenomenon hijacked by the liberals.

Started by Nick, November 07, 2020, 09:25:11 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 07, 2020, 10:03:25 PM
And then there is global dimming,when I first heard of this the thought was the human race was getting more stupid ;)

Well I certainly ain't getting any smarter, but previous disaster seem to have been more fun. Even with miserable sods such as Terry Nation writing the script, most folk managed to end up in the countryside living in stately homes with Lucy Fleming and Carolyn Seymour. But today's eco pains in the arse don't seem to want to enjoy end of the world etc.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 07, 2020, 09:25:11 PM
First it was global warming, then when they realised that temperatures were sometimes falling they changed it to Climate Change.

Noun: Changes in average climate conditions. Ok I'll agree that, hard not to really.

But... The OED goes on to say: attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels. One of the worlds most respected institutions, the OED has been pressed into accepting the polemic that Climate Change is an anthropogenic institution.

All the science says the opposite but everyone up to and including governments are too afraid to disagree in fear of being labelled a heretic. At what point are the limp wristed liberals going to accept that CO2 is a by-product of global warming and not a driver, that the great burning mass that greets us every morning controls every aspect of our lives, climate, weather, everything.
And then there is global dimming,when I first heard of this the thought was the human race was getting more stupid ;)
But anyway that's also good/bad, the earth has been in worse states and we are but a blip in its existence,humanities hubris and belief we will end the world.....well no we won't,humanity probably though.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

First it was global warming, then when they realised that temperatures were sometimes falling they changed it to Climate Change.

Noun: Changes in average climate conditions. Ok I'll agree that, hard not to really.

But... The OED goes on to say: attributed largely to the increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels. One of the worlds most respected institutions, the OED has been pressed into accepting the polemic that Climate Change is an anthropogenic institution.

All the science says the opposite but everyone up to and including governments are too afraid to disagree in fear of being labelled a heretic. At what point are the limp wristed liberals going to accept that CO2 is a by-product of global warming and not a driver, that the great burning mass that greets us every morning controls every aspect of our lives, climate, weather, everything.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.