How good news is made to look like bad news

Started by Sheepy, November 07, 2020, 11:37:28 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on November 10, 2020, 10:26:39 PMI guess you are missing the point totally, we wanted rid of them.told them so several times, you are more then welcome to them.
Why do you want rid of them

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on November 10, 2020, 10:07:28 PM
Sheepy you were told this was a possibility in a hard brexit. It's why now £1.2T is moving out of the UK and into the EU, simply because thats what the UK voted for.This is brexit. If anything Goldman should be rightly pissed with the UK, they setu base in the UK to access the EU market and the UK goes and shafts them. Look at it from their perspective.

What do you expect them to do, stay in the UK and in 6 months fold their UK business and make people redundant, Goldman can't service EU markets after a hard brexit from the UK. I expect your car industry will do the same with time.
I guess you are missing the point totally, we wanted rid of them.told them so several times, you are more then welcome to them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on November 10, 2020, 10:35:14 AMMore than one way of skinning a cat, what I don't believe it, just because Goldman Sachs fecked over the British people, we are not staying where we are not wanted, well jog on then. We even gave those useless fecks in New Labour warning two years before the crash what was going on, they said we weren't going to have a recession and if we did we would be best placed to face one, fecking idiots.
Sheepy you were told this was a possibility in a hard brexit. It's why now £1.2T is moving out of the UK and into the EU, simply because thats what the UK voted for.This is brexit. If anything Goldman should be rightly pissed with the UK, they setu base in the UK to access the EU market and the UK goes and shafts them. Look at it from their perspective.

What do you expect them to do, stay in the UK and in 6 months fold their UK business and make people redundant, Goldman can't service EU markets after a hard brexit from the UK. I expect your car industry will do the same with time.

Sheepy

More than one way of skinning a cat, what I don't believe it, just because Goldman Sachs fecked over the British people, we are not staying where we are not wanted, well jog on then. We even gave those useless fecks in New Labour warning two years before the crash what was going on, they said we weren't going to have a recession and if we did we would be best placed to face one, fecking idiots.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on November 09, 2020, 09:46:54 PM
Not like anyone hinted that this might happen. The market these companies seek is in the EU, leaving the EU means companies will relocate to a country in the EU, simples.

As I mentioned earlier , it works both ways

https://www.cityam.com/over-1000-eu-financial-firms-planning-to-open-uk-offices-after-brexit/

Borg Refinery

I wouldn't insult bloodsuckers by comparing them to Goldman Sachs.

Just in case anyone's in a rush to defend Sachs -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_Sachs_controversies

QuoteNeither Kerimov nor his associates – including his right-hand man, Allen Vine, a smooth American former Merrill Lynch banker who was born in Russia and chairs his Millennium Group investment vehicle – want to disclose his exact holdings in the US banks. Nor will they confirm or deny what several bankers suggested to me: that he may have retained stakes in Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan. Goldman and JPMorgan declined to comment.

None of the stake-building has ever been reported, say Kerimov associates, because the positions were created with the help of huge loans, mostly from western banks, and hedged through put and call options. (A put option is the right to sell shares to another party at an agreed price; a call option is a similar right to buy them.) "The majority of exposures were hedged through derivatives and so the overall net positions were significantly less," said one. "For every one dollar of investment, about 80 cents was pledged to other banks as collateral for loans. The leverage averaged 75 per cent."

This did not stop Kerimov's team, however, from informing the banks that they had become significant shareholders and requesting to meet the chief executive, said three of the bankers interviewed by the FT. They "made a representation to me that he was one of the largest shareholders. I checked and he was," said one senior banker.

Kerimov said he dreamed of making money from an early age. 'Is it a bad thing to want to earn money, to be a businessman?'

The opacity of the investment figures exemplifies the veiled, ever-shifting world of Kerimov, where there is even talk of phone calls from the US Treasury after the collapse of Lehman Brothers, exhorting the Kerimov group and lender banks not to sell their stakes. "It was a big amount of money. It was in the banking system and it was a problem for the US Treasury," said one banker with knowledge of the situation. The acting deputy assistant secretary of the US Treasury for Europe and Eurasia at the time, Eric Meyer, said he was unaware of these "specific circumstances".

In a tale typical of the bravado that some say often surrounds his business dealings, people close to the tycoon say he even tried – unsuccessfully – to convince a Russian state bank to "front" a bid for Lehmans, in an effort to stave off the global collapse.

Senior western bankers were impressed with Kerimov's financial agility. They introduced him to the likes of Josef Ackermann, chief executive of Deutsche Bank, John Mack, the former Morgan Stanley boss, and, later, JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon, and Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs who, according to one of them, has since visited Kerimov's Moscow residence twice.

But privately some have wondered whether there may be more to the mysterious Kerimov than meets the eye. Much speculation has rested on whether he sometimes invests funds for other silent partners – in particular, the Kremlin.

"There were times when I wondered whether it was a front for the Kremlin," said one banker. "Nobody would be surprised if he was," said another.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ad4e8816-52d0-11e1-ae2c-00144feabdc0

Good riddance you buckets of shite/utter scumbags, gtfo don't come back to England again.

+++

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on November 10, 2020, 12:51:33 AM
We offered to pack their bags for them 4 years ago.
I guess they must have thought we were joking then.
The UK is 80% service orientated with financial services a major part of that. Any your happy to send them packing, I doubt many people in the UK share your take on brexit with regard to that. Posted weeks back but it's over 1T leaving the UK financial market, do you think that's ok ?

You could have done brexit differently and possibly retained that business. Maybe thinking about it 4 yrs ago would have helped.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on November 09, 2020, 09:46:54 PM
Not like anyone hinted that this might happen. The market these companies seek is in the EU, leaving the EU means companies will relocate to a country in the EU, simples.
We offered to pack their bags for them 4 years ago.
I guess they must have thought we were joking then.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on November 07, 2020, 11:37:28 PM
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/goldman-sachs-move-60bn-assets-germany-before-brexit-180818772.html

Bye bye Goldman Sachs, you fecking blood suckers.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on November 08, 2020, 09:50:39 AM
It wont be retribution though sheep will it?

You only have to glance at this forum and some of the threads to see the absolute lemming like blind faith certain individuals have over climate change , covid 19 , and how they hang on evey word the lying media spout.

No wonder politicians past and present despise the electorate.

If i was a politician , a mere glance at some of the posts on here by the likes of quack quack among others would have me taking the piss more than ever.
They are small victories Rob Roy, they just don't know it, We are bored with Neo Liberal fascists, they didn't even see the writing on the wall, when we mullered the Lib Dems.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on November 08, 2020, 09:44:27 AM
Lying Politicians, a controlled media, greed filled bankers, over a decade of austerity, a lot more in the pipeline, we may not be Iceland, but retribution no less.

It wont be retribution though sheep will it?

You only have to glance at this forum and some of the threads to see the absolute lemming like blind faith certain individuals have over climate change , covid 19 , and how they hang on evey word the lying media spout.

No wonder politicians past and present despise the electorate.

If i was a politician , a mere glance at some of the posts on here by the likes of quack quack among others would have me taking the piss more than ever.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Lying Politicians, a controlled media, greed filled bankers, over a decade of austerity, a lot more in the pipeline, we may not be Iceland, but retribution no less.

Streetwalker

When we have finally left the EU (never trust a tory ) in January 2021 the financial institutions of the World need to be in the right place to do their business . At least they unlike other industries appear to have accepted the rules of an independent UK and got on with preparations to serve their customers .

What you don't hear from the doomsayers of course is that thousands of financial companies from Europe are setting up offices in the UK so they can carry on serving their customers here

Sheepy