Prison or Eton: which costs more?

Started by Dynamis, November 08, 2020, 01:29:55 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 05:07:39 PMHow dare you! You have stolen dreams with your empty words. You look to young people for HOPE!

He'll realise later when he needs someone younger to change his nappy  :D

Anyway General, I'm not entirely sure what the conclusion is? Are we saying that instead of sending our "more problematic younger members of society" to prison, we should send them to Eton instead? I can see that ending well  :D

Have you suddenly become a bleeding heart liberal?

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on November 08, 2020, 04:53:15 PM
I can see Dyno's  point.

Children who go to Eton tend to come from homes whose parents are ready to make endless sacrifices to see they get the best start in life. Children who end up in jail usually come from backgrounds where no one cares what happens to them. As a result they are asocial, into drugs, barely (if at all) literate and have a much higher than normal level of emotional and physical problems. So naturally enough, Eton is cheaper than prison.

I suppose the solution is to just exterminate young offenders. But I am inclined to just let matters ride. After all, it is not as though I would get a tax refund from the money saved. But it looks as though Dyno is taking a sterner line
Dyno has zero chance of Eton, so has 100% better chance of being in young offenders., or at the very least any of Dynos offspring are 100% more likely to be young offenders than Etonians. So I doubt he will want to rock the boat.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 05:22:06 PM
1) He didn't follow their advice to the letter though did he.

https://www.google.com/search?q=boris+ignore+sage&oq=boris+ignore+sage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3917j0j7&client=ms-android-h3g-gb-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

2) ??? I imagined it then?

3) Which was about to rise anyway as he promised to spend loads on giveaways didn't he? Mainly to his voters and rich Tory councils. And 'flying up' isn't any description. It wasn't, it's built on an economic bubble which was due to burst with or without COBID, partly cos of the overheated housing market.

4) He said he'd delay Brexit decisions until he sees whether Biden or Trump's elected or are you saying he didn't?

5) Subjective emotive rhetoric while kids are hungry

6) Worst pensioner poverty in western europe IIRC.

No, he mixed it with some information from economic ministers so as not to tank the economy.

2) ??? I imagined it then? I put 3 ? Which was changed to a emoji, I was asking for more info.

3) Which was about to rise anyway as he promised to spend loads on giveaways didn't he? Mainly to his voters and rich Tory councils. And 'flying up' isn't any description. It wasn't, it's built on an economic bubble which was due to burst with or without COBID, partly cos of the overheated housing market.

The give always were to be paid for with EU savings so no, it wasn't about to go up without covid.
Think you should be chancellor, you seem to know what is going to happen way before anyone else.... Or you're talking bollox. 🤔

4) He said he'd delay Brexit decisions until he sees whether Biden or Trump's elected or are you saying he didn't?

In which dictionary does delay mean Renege? I can't comment further until you post a link showing the statement.

5) Subjective emotive rhetoric while kids are hungry. So parents don't have to take parental responsibility? It's down to the government to cover for crap parents is it?

Think you should look at the level of personal pension contributions in Europe. Seems you expect the most out by paying the least in, well it doesn't work like that.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2020, 04:52:42 PM
CV19 response: Terrible, a pandemic and he has taken advise from Chief medical and science officers on what to do. You'd be the first slating him if he didn't follow their advise.

Care home scandal: ???

Economy: Has been flying up until CV-19, with record low unemployment. Debt to GDP was falling up until CV-19.

Reneging on Brexit: How'd you figure that out?

Free school meals: Voted on in the HoC, IMO parents who can't prioritise and make bad choices are the ones that are responsible.

Pension Poverty: Again, explain.

Just a load of soundbites with no substance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=boris+ignore+sage&oq=boris+ignore+sage&aqs=chrome..69i57.3917j0j7&client=ms-android-h3g-gb-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

2) ??? I imagined it then?

5) Subjective emotive rhetoric while kids are hungry

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on November 08, 2020, 04:53:15 PM
I can see Dyno's  point.

Children who go to Eton tend to come from homes whose parents are ready to make endless sacrifices to see they get the best start in life. Children who end up in jail usually come from backgrounds where no one cares what happens to them. As a result they are asocial, into drugs, barely (if at all) literate and have a much higher than normal level of emotional and physical problems. So naturally enough, Eton is cheaper than prison.

I suppose the solution is to just exterminate young offenders. But I am inclined to just let matters ride. After all, it is not as though I would get a tax refund from the money saved. But it looks as though Dyno is taking a sterner line

How dare you! You have stolen dreams with your empty words. You look to young people for HOPE!

(I hope everything is good where you are).

+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 01:29:55 PM
WHAT WAS CLAIMED
It's significantly more expensive to send a child to prison than it is to send them to Eton.

OUR VERDICT
Correct. In 2016/17 the average annual price per place for children in custody ranged from £76,000 to £210,000. The full annual fee to send a child to Eton in 2018/19 is just over £40,000.

https://fullfact.org/crime/prison-or-eton-which-costs-more/

Good to see our priorities are straight in this country. 🤔

I can see Dyno's  point.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 04:19:57 PM
Where do you even start?

The C19 response, the care home scandal, the fact our economy is in much worse shape than most of the developed world now, the debt ever since he took office, seemingly reneging on Brexit - as even Brexiters are noting on this very forum.

Is there any point in going on?

The free school meals failure, the pensioner poverty disaster, the endless U-turks on everything ever, the exams disaster..

That isn't even half of it.

But hey this just about sums it up as even the adverts and manifesto were unattainable lies to start, start as you mean to go on..

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-did-a-report-really-find-0-of-labour-ads-misleading

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/conservative-manifesto-2019/

CV19 response: Terrible, a pandemic and he has taken advise from Chief medical and science officers on what to do. You'd be the first slating him if he didn't follow their advise.

Care home scandal: ???

Economy: Has been flying up until CV-19, with record low unemployment. Debt to GDP was falling up until CV-19.

Reneging on Brexit: How'd you figure that out?

Free school meals: Voted on in the HoC, IMO parents who can't prioritise and make bad choices are the ones that are responsible.

Pension Poverty: Again, explain.

Just a load of soundbites with no substance.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2020, 04:05:26 PM
Really? Do tell.
Seen it a thousand times before, draw you in, then get around to what you really want to say, it would be pages of it otherwise.

Borg Refinery

Where do you even start?

The C19 response, the care home scandal, the fact our economy is in much worse shape than most of the developed world now, the debt ever since he took office, seemingly reneging on Brexit - as even Brexiters are noting on this very forum.

Is there any point in going on?

The free school meals failure, the pensioner poverty disaster, the endless U-turks on everything ever, the exams disaster..

That isn't even half of it.

But hey this just about sums it up as even the adverts and manifesto were unattainable lies to start, start as you mean to go on..

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-did-a-report-really-find-0-of-labour-ads-misleading

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/conservative-manifesto-2019/
+++

Nick

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 03:44:53 PM
Agreed, but as for the patience part you don't even understand the concept. Every post -you respond to with an instant attack whether veiled or outright. Patience is foreign to you. ;)
Well if you say so, it must be right, but then again it probably isn't.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on November 08, 2020, 03:31:28 PM
Well its simple dyno, if they follow the rules of democracy they are helping themselves and deserve a little help, if they spit in the eye of democracy, they get shown the door. In the words of joe, democracy requires patience, which we have given in spades. Even here with you.

Agreed, but as for the patience part you don't even understand the concept. Every post -you respond to with an instant attack whether veiled or outright. Patience is foreign to you. ;)
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2020, 03:32:14 PM
The morons are the ones that write a line whilst not having a clue as to its validity.

Agreed ^  ;D

QuoteBoris Johnson gained a scholarship to Eton due to his intelligence, he is far from a moron. He has got to where he is through brains and hard work.

Of course he did mate. That's why he failed a simple maths and IQ test question on LBC and has failed at everything he put his hand to as PM.

But you're right, apart from that, definitely a genius.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on November 08, 2020, 02:11:43 PM
As the grandmother of a boy at Eton I find it surprising and even hurtful that, even in jest, anyone can suggest that they should be lynched. If you had a child with the ability to benefit from the superb education that Eton offers, whose fees go towards not only multiple scholarships for other able boys without the funds and also to local schools no doubt you would resent his ability too.

I would add that in saying 'dimwits' supported Boko, a notable caveat is that dimwits probably supported Corbyn too.  :D

Just to be fair and all.. and I guess Momentum was filled with some nasty bullies too, you get them in all walks of life but some are a shear pain in the arse whereas some see the light and are given a shaving grace.   :D
+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on November 08, 2020, 02:33:13 PMSo dimwitted bullying morons like Bojo rise to the top

The morons are the ones that write a line whilst not having a clue as to its validity. Boris Johnson gained a scholarship to Eton due to his intelligence, he is far from a moron. He has got to where he is through brains and hard work.