Main Menu

Good lad my boy

Started by Borchester, November 09, 2020, 10:53:58 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2020, 09:36:36 AM
Where will you be taking her?
Will it be one of those Internet booked trips to the local tip to get rid of the spoil from the bathroom?
Or perhaps a shop in Lidl to see what they have in the Middle?
Or perhaps one of those check ups at the doctors to make sure all the geriatric systems are in order.
Sounds like you're going to have never ending fun.

Dunno. She is a wonderful lass, but both my boy and I agree that a night out on the traffic island at Staples Corner would be more fun than her endless stream of well meant and idiotic advice re any sort of building work.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Where will you be taking her?
Will it be one of those Internet booked trips to the local tip to get rid of the spoil from the bathroom?
Or perhaps a shop in Lidl to see what they have in the Middle?
Or perhaps one of those check ups at the doctors to make sure all the geriatric systems are in order.
Sounds like you're going to have never ending fun.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

A couple of months ago I was told that I really, really wanted to renovate one of the shower rooms and I said too right dolly, gosh, you do look pretty, made some coffee and tried to forget all about it.

I should be so lucky. She has been giving me mega earache ever since. But half an hour ago my boy walked in and said that he thought we should start by reinstalling the extractor fan, reconnecting the radiator, level the floor, put down a plywood sub base,  lay vinyl, remove the sliding door, rebuild the doorway, rehang a traditional door, tile, reinstall the toilet and then put the shower cubicle in place.

And I thought, oh shit until he said that he could do all that but the one thing he could not manage was having his mum around giving him lots of good advice. So he thought that the best idea would be for me to take her out while the work was in progress. And I replied that sounded like a fair division of labour and agreed accordingly.

I think I will make some more coffee. :)

Algerie Francais !