Its a disaster the Chinese and Russians

Started by Sheepy, November 10, 2020, 01:00:30 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I think the problem is the degree to which the media are pushing the line that allegations of less than fair conduct in the ballot counting is unsubstantiated.

As I have pointed out elsewhere it is hard to accept that to be the case when you have seen how easy it is to interfere, and been a victim yourself, several times.

The key item for me was the claim that no one was allowed to observe the counting. That was made, and was not disputed. I have to wonder why.

Having seen in person the dodgy way a wheelbarrow full of yes votes (for the Welsh assembly, in 97) was wheeled in at the last moment .....

Having seen the way ballot papers for the EU election are taken to a counting station and counted 'face down' and then taken away in unsealed transparent boxes to be stored "somewhere safe" under the control of a momentumite council official until the unsealed boxes return on Sunday to be counted to see who has won ....

Having seen my ballot paper fraudulently returned with a forged signature ...

These are things that clearly bias my opinion.

The media said Asians were not gang raping children in Rotherham too. ... 

It is a trust issue, pure and simple. And I have none

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2020, 07:40:23 AM

Somehow i dont think the russians and chinese are going to take lectures from the "british" on democracy.

Unelected head of state  , second largest unelected legislature in the entire world , clerics in your upper house (the only other country which does this is Iran) , your dodgy FPTP two party stitch up system , four nation "union" stacked heavily in favour of one single nation that makes up only 40% of these islands.... need i go on?

The Russians know the warmongering democrats are no friends of theirs , and the chinese as ever will sit patiently and wait and see .

For a lib  dem quackers , you are quite the blood and soil pro american british nationalist arent you quick to point out any issues you can see in other nations democracies while ignoring them in your own unless it suits .

If dodgy jo swinson the lib dem muppet had in an alternate "quackers universe" got elected as PM to overthrow democracy last year you would have been cheering her on. So none of us take you serious when it comes to labelling others anti democratic when you are the biggest anti democrat on this forum.

Your mutterings over brexit were almost stalinesque by comparison and how you were quite happy to throw democracy in the bin to overturn what people voted for in 2016 and what still hasnt been implemented over four years later in the great and wonderfully democratic uk.

I agree that Britain is no country to lecture others on democracy, with an unelected head of state and unelected upper chamber. I've said exactly that on here many times. But despite its flaws, the process of democracy  usually seems to be fairly conducted even if a lot of people don't like the outcome. I have never suggested that the process of the EU referendum (the voting and counting) was conducted improperly. Also I never said that the result of the referendum should be overturned except by a second vote, whose result would then supercede the original one. And I always said the second vote should be at the end of the negotiating process. In the end we had a general election and the pro Brexit Tories won, which was pretty much a second referendum and the people effectively voted to leave the EU. Since then I've said that the only thing we can do now is to leave the EU, even though it's not going to be good for our country.

So this throws the ball back to you. Do you think Donald Trump should accept that Biden won? Seeing as you're someone who has weaponised the word 'democracy' to attack anyone who doesn't adhere to your all-guns-blazing mindset, I should jolly well hope so.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Oh come on Thomas. I agree neither country will be taking lessons from us but that's largely because they are already able to do to their political opponents what Boris can only dream of doing ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on November 10, 2020, 07:18:08 AM
Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin have both succeeded in changing the laws in their countries to enable them to remain president for life.

Somehow i dont think the russians and chinese are going to take lectures from the "british" on democracy.

Unelected head of state  , second largest unelected legislature in the entire world , clerics in your upper house (the only other country which does this is Iran) , your dodgy FPTP two party stitch up system , four nation "union" stacked heavily in favour of one single nation that makes up only 40% of these islands.... need i go on?

The Russians know the warmongering democrats are no friends of theirs , and the chinese as ever will sit patiently and wait and see .

For a lib  dem quackers , you are quite the blood and soil pro american british nationalist arent you quick to point out any issues you can see in other nations democracies while ignoring them in your own unless it suits .

If dodgy jo swinson the lib dem muppet had in an alternate "quackers universe" got elected as PM to overthrow democracy last year you would have been cheering her on. So none of us take you serious when it comes to labelling others anti democratic when you are the biggest anti democrat on this forum.

Your mutterings over brexit were almost stalinesque by comparison and how you were quite happy to throw democracy in the bin to overturn what people voted for in 2016 and what still hasnt been implemented over four years later in the great and wonderfully democratic uk.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on November 10, 2020, 01:00:30 AM
Haven't rushed in to kiss Americas and Joes backside apparently, well I never, almost like they don't give a flying one.

Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin have both succeeded in changing the laws in their countries to enable them to remain president for life.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Haven't rushed in to kiss Americas and Joes backside apparently, well I never, almost like they don't give a flying one.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!