Why is this still happening?

Started by cromwell, November 10, 2020, 08:24:53 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2020, 01:29:33 PM
No Cromwell, my question was "What do you suggest the authorities do when people kick off?"
Not what I do, as I'm not currently responsible for handling violent people, although I have done plenty of that in the past.
Practically speaking, some people have to be restrained to keep themselves and others safe.Exactly.
And my answer was there,it was they should always record when they restrain someone and there should be CCTV to record what occurs,and you didn't answer if you thought isolating someone for months perhaps years is a good idea.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 10, 2020, 12:47:18 PM
I was thinking exactly the same thing

Perhaps Harperson might care to put forward some useful tips for dealing with a violent 19 stone man with severe mental problems? Give him a biscuit and hope for the best?

Like everything these days, its far too easy for someone to judge when it isn't them having to do it.
Well having done so in more recent years I feel like I am able to judge

patman post

Could antipsychotic drugs be used more often — even though the overuse and misuse of the chemical cosh has been condemned?
So perhaps the (increasing?) use of physical restraint is an attempt to limit drugs.

Whatever's happening, there not much information available on research into alternatives for managing aggression in health care and penal settings...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2020, 10:58:42 AM
Well I'd suggest you don't keep people in isolation for months perhaps years on end and that where restraint is used it has to be recorded and within strict guidelines,also that these places have CCTV to which the staff or operating company don't have access.
No Cromwell, my question was "What do you suggest the authorities do when people kick off?"
Not what I do, as I'm not currently responsible for handling violent people, although I have done plenty of that in the past.
Practically speaking, some people have to be restrained to keep themselves and others safe.
Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 10, 2020, 12:47:18 PMPerhaps Harperson might care to put forward some useful tips for dealing with a violent 19 stone man with severe mental problems?
Exactly.
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2020, 09:27:07 AMWhat do you suggest the authorities do when people kick off?

I was thinking exactly the same thing

QuoteHarriet Harman, chairwoman of the House of Commons joint select committee on human rights, said this suggested "inhuman and degrading" treatment.

Perhaps Harperson might care to put forward some useful tips for dealing with a violent 19 stone man with severe mental problems? Give him a biscuit and hope for the best?

Like everything these days, its far too easy for someone to judge when it isn't them having to do it.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2020, 09:27:07 AM
What do you suggest the authorities do when people kick off?
Well I'd suggest you don't keep people in isolation for months perhaps years on end and that where restraint is used it has to be recorded and within strict guidelines,also that these places have CCTV to which the staff or operating company don't have access.

Barry

What do you suggest the authorities do when people kick off?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

This appalling treatment  of people with autism and mental health problems and that some are not even recording or reporting their figures.

Would've thought we'd seen enough in the past scandals at whorlton hall and previous to that winterbourne view I may point and laugh at people like Harriet Harperson but in reality we do need people looking at these things and for gods sake doing something about it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54848098