Downing Street woes

Started by Barry, November 11, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on November 12, 2020, 10:10:13 AM
Why would a group of women club together and manage to oust this plan? Why only women? It suggests misogyny though that hasn't been mentioned. I do have one particular concern. No matter what role Carrie may have had in the political organisation before, surely now she is simply BJ's consort (for want of a better word). We have heard before how the PMs wife in the past has held sway on decision making. Cherie Blair comes forcibly to mind from the past, but I fail to see why Carrie should make front page news.  Although past reports makes her a force to be reckoned with - she is no ditsy blonde. I confess that this latest escapade within the 'corridors of power' has begun to tip me over the edge. I believe that people need to be given a chance. This government has had pretty much everything thrown at them since the last election. The whole programme that they claimed when elected has been side-lined  but I feel there is a gullibility in high places and trust being given where it has not been earned. There seems to be a basic lack, be it the decision process, the delegation process and in the choice of people to carry out policy or communication.

To lead one has to be prepared to be disliked. To lead one has to be prepared to face people down, while at the same time listening carefully to other's ideas and formulating a plan that takes everyone forward no matter that some noses are put out of joint. Perhaps this current debacle confirms that BJ is more concerned for his popularity than the job. I have a feeling that BJ is on his very last chance. Perhaps his efforts across the water will bear fruit, if not perhaps his ship has sailed.

f**k it, you're right Toots, put a bloody woman in charge, they would do a way better job.

Some Trump supporting woman I saw on video, she was saying women are too hormonal to be in politics, the guy pointed out all wars have been started by men and look at their record generally which nicely shut her up.

Sanna Marin, Ardern and many others are considered competent, Maggie was too - despite my personal dislike for her.

Maybe we need Carrie as PM with the little rat dog as home secretary.   :D
+++

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 12, 2020, 10:29:06 AM
The guy is a SPAD. Nobody elected him. Where exactly is the problem.
If the fevered reporting is correct, the problem appears to be that the PM is not in charge, but flip-flops according to whichever unelected Spad has most friends/enemies at the time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2020, 10:49:20 AM
Well, I hear that if you are cryptic enough, you can always claimed to have told us in advance. :)
Could I? I doubt it, it isn't me being run around in the back of the EU taxi. How much is the fare now?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on November 11, 2020, 11:04:22 PM
Well I hear there is a mighty bolt up in the pipeline and not the Russian one either, at a guess somebody don't fancy taking the rap.
Well, I hear that if you are cryptic enough, you can always claimed to have told us in advance. :)
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

The guy is a SPAD. Nobody elected him. Where exactly is the problem.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2020, 09:40:08 AM
Looks like it is a battle involving Carrie in a "gang of four"!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8939651/Boris-Johnson-key-aide-Lee-Cain-announces-QUTTING.html
Other reports may be available.

Why would a group of women club together and manage to oust this plan? Why only women? It suggests misogyny though that hasn't been mentioned. I do have one particular concern. No matter what role Carrie may have had in the political organisation before, surely now she is simply BJ's consort (for want of a better word). We have heard before how the PMs wife in the past has held sway on decision making. Cherie Blair comes forcibly to mind from the past, but I fail to see why Carrie should make front page news.  Although past reports makes her a force to be reckoned with - she is no ditsy blonde. I confess that this latest escapade within the 'corridors of power' has begun to tip me over the edge. I believe that people need to be given a chance. This government has had pretty much everything thrown at them since the last election. The whole programme that they claimed when elected has been side-lined  but I feel there is a gullibility in high places and trust being given where it has not been earned. There seems to be a basic lack, be it the decision process, the delegation process and in the choice of people to carry out policy or communication.

To lead one has to be prepared to be disliked. To lead one has to be prepared to face people down, while at the same time listening carefully to other's ideas and formulating a plan that takes everyone forward no matter that some noses are put out of joint. Perhaps this current debacle confirms that BJ is more concerned for his popularity than the job. I have a feeling that BJ is on his very last chance. Perhaps his efforts across the water will bear fruit, if not perhaps his ship has sailed.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Well I hear there is a mighty bolt up in the pipeline and not the Russian one either, at a guess somebody don't fancy taking the rap.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Barry on November 11, 2020, 09:50:44 PMI heard that Dom Cummings might be next.
If only — but if he does, I reckon it would show Johnson feels drastic action is needed to save his premiership...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Lee Cain: Senior Johnson adviser to leave Downing Street

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54907188

I heard that Dom Cummings might be next.
What on earth is going on and what is the issue?
† The end is nigh †