Downing Street woes

Started by Barry, November 11, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

And baby number 2, a little girl, has arrived.
Boris helps increase world population.
Welcome to the little girl, they are always a cause for joy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59593510
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 01:55:37 PM
Fair enough.

I think Liz Truss is doing a good job, she seems to be getting the trade deals organised and ready.

I really don't want dishy Rishi! Liz Truss? The grey suits won't go there.

Barry

Fair enough.

I think Liz Truss is doing a good job, she seems to be getting the trade deals organised and ready.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 12:28:16 PM
Is this a remainer coup 48 days before we actually leave?

No the relevant people are not going until Christmas. The deal/no deal is due Nov 19th latest. After we are properly out we need people who can negotiate trade deals etc. We need less abrasion, more competency and better judgement. We need now to look throughout the Conservative benches for skills not dependent on their Brexit views.

BJ had to take a hard stand until then and he made sure his cabinet was full of Brexiteers, but sadly they are not perhaps the best talents for any other circumstances and we have been hit between the eyes. I think he started well but has really lost his momentum and his way. I am sorry that the job needed around Whitehall has not been completed and probably won't be now. That is something really needed. 

Barry

Is this a remainer coup 48 days before we actually leave?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 11:12:21 AM
Surely it is the man. Did Tony Blair have this infidelity problem? No.
David Cameron? No.

Boris has the morals of an alley cat.

This tweet and the comments show who is in charge. We did not vote for his girlfriend.
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1327189401965891586

No - the man was rising in power, she has aspirations and like many women found that attractive. I have read that she has had her political eyes on No 10 or at the very least a political career. No matter it always takes two so I guess they might both belong in an alley somewhere. It was their choice rather than our business.

What it does highlight is the dearth of real talent in Westminster that this particular man was the apparent best choice.  I suspect that he has been more than a little under par since Covid and in that time people have been taking advantage and he has become weak. His demeanour since Covid has not been the same. He has moments but I still feel that it takes some effort on his part. I suspect he has had his fair share of nappy changing etc, Carrie doesn't strike me as the little woman type all of which has given her a certain power while he has been under the cosh in all directions.

Time will tell no doubt and I suspect there are plenty of knives out and grey suits gathering but that still doesn't diminish the initial problem. However once Brexit etc is done then we need a different type of PM. I just can't find him yet. Possibly this is where Hunt would come into his own if BJ will withdraw gracefully. I can't see a strong Carrie allowing that, but BJ may well turn. He has done it before. He still has a chance to turn it around and take charge. His biggest problem though might be his ego. He likes to be liked and seen as a man of bonhomie., He's clever but perhaps not psychologically stable enough.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 10:58:42 AM
Is it the man or the power? I guess the latter.
Surely it is the man. Did Tony Blair have this infidelity problem? No.
David Cameron? No.

Boris has the morals of an alley cat.

This tweet and the comments show who is in charge. We did not vote for his girlfriend.
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1327189401965891586

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 10:37:41 AM
Why Carrie would want to marry such a man really beats me. Is that number 5 or 6 and she must know there is likely to be more.

Is it the man or the power? I guess the latter.

Barry

Quote from: wikiIn 1987, Johnson married Allegra Mostyn-Owen, daughter of the art historian William Mostyn-Owen and Italian writer Gaia Servadio. The couple's marriage was annulled in 1993[91][dubious – discuss] and 12 days later Johnson married Marina Wheeler, a barrister, daughter of journalist and broadcaster Charles Wheeler. Five weeks later, Wheeler and Johnson's first child was born. The Wheeler and Johnson families have known each other for decades, and Marina Wheeler was at the European School, Brussels, at the same time as her future husband. They have four children: two daughters and two sons.

Between 2000 and 2004, Johnson had an affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt when he was its editor, resulting in a miscarriage and terminated pregnancy, respectively. In April 2006, the News of the World alleged that Johnson was having an affair with Guardian journalist Anna Fazackerley. The pair did not comment and shortly afterwards Johnson employed Fazackerley.

In 2009, Johnson fathered a daughter with Helen MacIntyre, an arts consultant. In 2013, the Court of Appeal discharged an injunction banning reporting of his daughter's existence. The judge ruled that the public had a right to know about Johnson's "reckless" behaviour. Johnson has not disclosed how many children he has.

In September 2018, Johnson and Wheeler issued a statement confirming that after 25 years of marriage they had separated "several months ago", and had begun divorce proceedings. They reached a financial settlement in February 2020, and the divorce was finalised by November 2020.

In 2019, Johnson was living with Carrie Symonds, the daughter of Matthew Symonds, co-founder of The Independent newspaper. Symonds had worked for the Conservative party since 2009 and worked on Johnson's 2012 campaign to be re-elected as Mayor. On 29 February 2020, Johnson and Symonds announced that they had become engaged in late 2019, and that Symonds was expecting a baby in early summer. Their son, Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson,[580] was born in London on 29 April 2020.
Why Carrie would want to marry such a man really beats me. Is that number 5 or 6 and she must know there is likely to be more.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 10:13:36 AM
Newsflash.
Johnson must feel drastic action is needed to save his premiership.

...or Carrie does.
Wonder if he'll marry her?

I heard that marriage is fairly imminent. I wonder if that notion will change.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2020, 10:11:34 PM
If only — but if he does, I reckon it would show Johnson feels drastic action is needed to save his premiership...
Newsflash.
Johnson must feel drastic action is needed to save his premiership.

...or Carrie does.
Wonder if he'll marry her?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: HDQQ on November 13, 2020, 09:30:04 AM
Today Dominic Cummings has announced he'll be gone by Christmas. Will Boris Johnson continue as PM?  If he goes too will there be a bitter leadership contest?

Cummings has said for some time that as soon as Brexit happens he would move on, recent events have just brought that forward. As to whether BJ will continue, it seems that his girlfriend is now pulling his strings and thus he will be in power for the next 20 years!

HDQQ

Today Dominic Cummings has announced he'll be gone by Christmas. Will Boris Johnson continue as PM?  If he goes too will there be a bitter leadership contest?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Today I heard a pundit ( sorry no name) claiming that Carrie and her troops had done the country a good service. 'Well done Carrie'. This made me rather rethink my view. I await further developments with toffee popcorn to hand.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2020, 09:40:08 AM
Looks like it is a battle involving Carrie in a "gang of four"!

Sounds rather rude although that said, any photos?  :)
Algerie Francais !