Downing Street woes

Started by Barry, November 11, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 01:10:47 PM
One persons personal experience does not reflect the reality.
i trust nick .Generally he come across as honest and truthfull , and even posted receipts that proved you werent being truthful withus remember pappy?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 01:09:24 PM
pappy to be fair to nick , you told us that earlier this year and when nick popped down to cornwall he said it was a hive of happiness and economic activity with supermarket shelves full of food contrary to your picture of hell on earth you presented to the forum.

One persons personal experience does not reflect the reality. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 01:08:18 PM
I voted Tory tactically. You know zero about the constituency I live in. 
What ? You voted tory tactically? Its all coming out now pappy.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 01:06:10 PM
Something close to that is likely to happen in Cornwall especially after the 1st of January  2022.
pappy to be fair to nick , you told us that earlier this year and when nick popped down to cornwall he said it was a hive of happiness and economic activity with supermarket shelves full of food contrary to your picture of hell on earth you presented to the forum.

Why should we listen to anymore of your wild exaggerated predictions when none of the others have been true?

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 01:05:29 PM
you voted lib dem in a dastardly plan to oust the tories , and you got a tory mp , however marginal. Boris thanks you for your support pappy.
I voted Tory tactically. You know zero about the constituency I live in. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 12, 2021, 12:59:38 PM

Before Brexit we were told that if Britain left the EU we would end up eating the grass that would grow in our crumbling streets. That did not stop most of us voting to leave.

Something close to that is likely to happen in Cornwall especially after the 1st of January  2022.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 01:03:36 PM
Not where I live it is a Tory marginal with the Labour vote as rare as rocking horse poo and Unicorns.  Lib/Dem vote stayed the same.  Enough people were fooled by "get Brexit done," to vote in a very useless Tory. Nearly as bad as George Useless in the neighbouring constituency.
you voted lib dem in a dastardly plan to oust the tories , and you got a tory mp , however marginal. Boris thanks you for your support pappy.

T00ts

Mod Notice

Please try not to digress into discussing posters - keep to the subject of the thread. Thank you kindly!!

T00ts

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 12, 2021, 12:59:38 PM
I never heard it and find it a little sad that folk like Pappy can be so easily bought.

Before Brexit we were told that if Britain left the EU we would end up eating the grass that would grow in our crumbling streets. That did not stop most of us voting to leave.

In my days in HMRC I was responsible for a bit of data processing. Not much or particularly important, but in my experience most government information, good, bad or anything in between, is invariably inaccurate and out of date.
i agree with gerry* on one thing borkie , while most of us have moved on , the looney left and certain segments of the pro european political elite wont let it go. As gerry says , brexit will never be over , and i think he is right.

Pappy was happy to sit on the fence over brexit for years till he saw how the wind blew , he even applauded the ending of freedom of movement , a pillar of the eu and its four freedoms.

Now , its nothing more than the latest convenient bandwagon to jump aboard to attack the tories.

They just dont understand the strength of feeling of scot nats wanting out the uk come what may , or the englishman wanting out the eu similarly. labour and their supporters are traditionally easily bought , so they think everyone else is the same.

* Mod edit, Barry, Gerry is not from Kent.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 12:58:49 PM
you helped get them elected when you gave your vote to the liberal demcorats. 
Not where I live it is a Tory marginal with the Labour vote as rare as rocking horse poo and Unicorns.  Lib/Dem vote stayed the same.  Enough people were fooled by "get Brexit done," to vote in a very useless Tory. Nearly as bad as George Useless in the neighbouring constituency. 

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 12, 2021, 12:58:49 PM
you helped get them elected when you gave your vote to the liberal demcorats. Evidence showed that everytime a labour supporter votes liberal , it helps the tories win seats.

Good old pappy . Helping the tories get elected and then complaininig about it sums you up and your twisted logic.

Good ain't it ? Whatever you say about Pappy, Boris loves him :):)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 10, 2021, 02:34:36 PM
Only if you believe the propaganda.

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/12/08/brexit-trade-deals-failing-to-deliver-a-dividend-report-says/

Brexit Trade DealsFAILING TO DELIVER A DIVIDENDReport Says
David Hencke
8 December 2021

The UK's much-vaunted post-Brexit trade deals will only increase the country's GDP by a minuscule amount over the next 15 years, a report by the National Audit Office (NAO) reveals today.
(https://www.nao.org.uk/report/progress-with-trade-negotiations/?slide=2)

The report, by the independent spending watchdog, examines all the deals agreed by the Government – largely by former International Trade Secretary Liz Truss – including the deals that replicate the agreements negotiated by the EU and three of the largest new deals covering Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The new trade deal with Australia will only add between 0.01 and 0.02% to GDP and increase British exports by up to 0.03% by 2036, the report says. The deal is likely to increase GDP by between £200 million and £500 million.
The New Zealand deal is expected to have no impact on GDP at all, while increasing exports by just 0.1%. The Japanese deal is anticipated to have the greatest impact – increasing GDP by 0.07% – £1.5 billion – and exports by 0.6%.
The NAO also does not expect such a significant GDP boost from any prospective trade agreement with the United States, or by joining the 11-member Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership.
A deal with the US would likely boost GDP by between 0.07% and 0.16% – between £1.6 and £3.4 billion – and could increase UK exports by up to 1.3%.

I never heard it and find it a little sad that folk like Pappy can be so easily bought.

In my days in HMRC I was responsible for a bit of data processing. Not much or particularly important, but in my experience most government information, good, bad or anything in between, is invariably inaccurate and out of date.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 12:55:58 PM
It isn't obsession at all, such a very nasty shower of callous incompetent crooks should not be in government.
you helped get them elected when you gave your vote to the liberal demcorats. Evidence showed that everytime a labour supporter votes liberal , it helps the tories win seats.

Good old pappy . Helping the tories get elected and then complaininig about it sums you up and your twisted logic.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 12, 2021, 12:53:28 PM
There their smurf,you'll get over your you're tory obsession one day I hope.
It isn't obsession at all, such a very nasty shower of callous incompetent crooks should not be in government.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2021, 12:45:07 PM
The Tories did not get a majority of the electorate vote for them, and come the ever increasing disaster that is Brexit there number of votes will drop.
There their smurf,you'll get over your you're tory obsession one day I hope.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?