Johnson on virus vaccine: ‘anti-vax’ argument is ‘total nonsense’

Started by GBNews, November 13, 2020, 01:17:54 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: patman post on November 13, 2020, 04:24:05 PM
Coronavirus POLL: Should UK Covid vaccine be mandatory? VOTE HERE
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1358187/coronavirus-news-uk-latest-Pfizer-vaccine-covid19-boris-johnson-nhs?int_source=traffic.outbrain&int_medium=traffic.outbrain&int_term=traffic.outbrain&int_content=traffic.outbrain&int_campaign=traffic.outbrain

Think I'm sympathetic to the call. Plus, it looks like Covid has finally ousted Diana from the Express's pages...
I suspect you did not look at your own link for very long.
There was no "vote here". Talk about click bait.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 02:05:14 PM
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, Pat.
All my children were vaccinated against all the appropriate diseases at the appropriate times.

What I do doubt is the safety of the first ever RNA injected vaccination, rushed out as the "saviour of the world".
Most vaccines have taken 5-10 years to develop. The scientists have done very well to create a safe vaccine in such a short time, if that is what they have done.
I guess we absorb the info given out with interest and make up our own minds. The success of the tens of thousands of tests on which the recent announcement is based leads me to believe this vaccine is likely to be safe and effective.

I assume — perhaps  wrongly — that those against lock-down, masks, earlier closing times, etc — will also be against the vaccine when it's offered. That's OK, provided they're few enough not to greatly endanger others. But it would be better to be sure...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: News on November 13, 2020, 01:17:54 AM
Johnson on virus vaccine: 'anti-vax' argument is 'total nonsense'

Eligible people should get a vaccine against Covid-19 says the prime minister, who has "no inhibitions" about getting one.

Source: Johnson on virus vaccine: 'anti-vax' argument is 'total nonsense'

I don't mind Boris having the jab and going doolally. To be honest, the way he has been acting lately it would be hard to tell the difference. But I think I will pass it up.
Algerie Francais !

Javert

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 09:43:44 AMWhen all 650 MPs have been vaccinated, I may consider it.

I was going to say what makes you think they won't do that? 

However of course, if they do, they will also be accused of jumping the queue, so I guess they can't win either way. 

Barry

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, Pat.
All my children were vaccinated against all the appropriate diseases at the appropriate times.

What I do doubt is the safety of the first ever RNA injected vaccination, rushed out as the "saviour of the world".
Most vaccines have taken 5-10 years to develop. The scientists have done very well to create a safe vaccine in such a short time, if that is what they have done.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

I see your point about the persuasive value of those in the know being vaccinated first**

However, I sympathise with groups agitating for children who've not been given the recommended vaccinations to be banned from nurseries, kindergartens, schools, colleges, etc. So I shall not object to the idea of sanctions against adults, who needlessly put others at risk of infection by refusing to be vaccinated, but still mingle with the public at large...

** If that actually happens I bet there's an outcry about jumping the queue...

Barry

When all 650 MPs have been vaccinated, I may consider it.
Until then, no thank you. It is my right.
† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Johnson on virus vaccine: 'anti-vax' argument is 'total nonsense'

Eligible people should get a vaccine against Covid-19 says the prime minister, who has "no inhibitions" about getting one.

Source: Johnson on virus vaccine: 'anti-vax' argument is 'total nonsense'