Now Dominic has thrown a strop

Started by Borchester, November 13, 2020, 05:46:18 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 06:13:35 PM
You can't just say that! Do you honestly think that even now they will u-turn? The country will go into melt down.

The old Boris? Never. He was too smart for that. But this new one seems to a clueless pussy-whipped wimp
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 13, 2020, 06:33:54 PM
Should have been thrown on his arse in the street months ago.

The police stated categorically he broke the law but they were not going to punish him in the way they did punish others.

He is the living embodiment of one f**king law for shitheads like him and another for the rest of us.

I have a seat booked in the pub tomorrow and Dominic Goings, you have made my f**king weekend. Die of starvation on the f**king dole you piece of trash
Other than that is it fair to say you quite liked him?  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

You can't just say that! Do you honestly think that even now they will u-turn? The country will go into melt down.
He just did,mind it applies to most of them.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Should have been thrown on his arse in the street months ago.

The police stated categorically he broke the law but they were not going to punish him in the way they did punish others.

And Boris was forced to grovel to us to plead for his miserable arse.

He is the living embodiment of one f**king law for shitheads like him and another for the rest of us.

I have a seat booked in the pub tomorrow and Dominic Goings, you have made my f**king weekend. Die of starvation on the f**king dole you piece of trash
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

That was what the Russians were hoping too.
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 13, 2020, 06:07:57 PM
Never trust a Tory

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 05:47:45 PM
Dominic Cummings has left with immediate effect taking his goods and chattels with him. No back exit for him. He left though the front door carrying his big box.

The big news is that Sajid Javid is set to replace him. He happens to be a good friend to the PM's puppeteer - Carrie Symonds - so say. Javid is a remainer I believe and in his days as Chancellor I felt he back pedalled some on some Brexit progress, so where I was quite confident that Cummings would see the Brexit deal over the line I now feel we could be in line for a substantial backing down to the EU.

Someone convince me that I am wrong!

Never trust a Tory

Borg Refinery

QuoteBrexit
In 2016, Javid became a prominent supporter of remaining in the European Union in the unsuccessful Britain Stronger in Europe which resulted in Brexit, the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union. Javid was a strong supporter of the Single Market; describing it as a "great invention, one that even Lady Thatcher campaigned enthusiastically to create."[98]

Javid is known to have historically held Eurosceptic views; as a student in 1990 he was thrown out of the Conservative Party conference for handing out leaflets opposing Britain joining the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, the forerunner of the single currency.[14]

In 2015, Javid was an advocate for holding an EU referendum,[20] whilst pro-Brexit Conservatives had long assumed he would join the Leave campaign, but in the end he backed Remain. He was not often seen as very committed to that cause and has since become a Leave supporter.[188] Whilst Javid insisted this was not as a result of pressure from either David Cameron or George Osborne, the Financial Times revealed that Osborne "got the thumbscrews out" because it would have been completely unacceptable for a Conservative Business Secretary to have advocated Brexit.[67]

Javid has maintained his position that politicians should respect the result of the referendum, and when judges ruled that the PM could not trigger the formal Brexit process without Parliament's backing, Javid accused British High Court judges of attempting to thwart the will of the British people.[189]

Javid has made it clear since the referendum that he is sceptical of softer Brexit options such as remaining in the customs union, saying the free trade area was an "intrinsic" part of the European Union and that voters had given "clear instructions" when they voted to Leave.[188] Javid's comments drew criticism from the CBI.[190]

In 2019, Javid said he considered the Brexit Party not to be extremist and praised Nigel Farage: "I applaud Nigel Farage for walking away, calling UKIP thugs and extremists." The move was seen by some as an effort by the Conservative Party to "extend an olive branch" to the Brexit Party.[191]

As Chancellor, Javid drew up plans for millions of 50p Brexit coins to be minted in time for Britain's departure from the EU. Javid's proposal for the coins to be produced for mass circulation was portrayed as a statement of intent that the Treasury is fully behind Brexit, in contrast to previous Chancellor Philip Hammond.[192]

In January 2020 Javid said regarding the future relationship with the EU: "There will not be alignment, we will not be a ruletaker, we will not be in the single market and we will not be in the customs union - and we will do this by the end of the year".[193]

Wiki.

Seems alright, I don't mind Javid. He demanded the Rotherham report and left on principle.

He'll.be better than Cummings, but I expect Cummings to try and bring Bojo down now, maybe.
+++

T00ts

Dominic Cummings has left with immediate effect taking his goods and chattels with him. No back exit for him. He left though the front door carrying his big box.

The big news is that Sajid Javid is set to replace him. He happens to be a good friend to the PM's puppeteer - Carrie Symonds - so say. Javid is a remainer I believe and in his days as Chancellor I felt he back pedalled some on some Brexit progress, so where I was quite confident that Cummings would see the Brexit deal over the line I now feel we could be in line for a substantial backing down to the EU.

Someone convince me that I am wrong!