Now Dominic has thrown a strop

Started by Borchester, November 13, 2020, 05:46:18 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2020, 09:57:43 AM
But is he still offering Brexit? Or are we about to see a deal offering BRINO. I think that Boris has been dithering because he could not quite bring himself to say "Non, nein or nee" to Europe.
The civil service have not given up, I mean the 90% of them that are pro-EU, not a couple of SpAds that are making a huge gesture by publicly carrying a box.

Johnson looks weak . I dont know if the virus has  hit him for six or the job has just become too much for him  , maybe a bit of both . I think he will do a Theresa and go .BRINO    I see little other reason for Cummings to exit in the way he did .

The fact remains that the Conservative party is a remain party ,Johnsons entire family are remain  and outside of members of Bruges group or  European research right wingers he will find little support for a no deal  brexit .

Borchester

But is he still offering Brexit? Or are we about to see a deal offering BRINO. I think that Boris has been dithering because he could not quite bring himself to say "Non, nein or nee" to Europe.
The civil service have not given up, I mean the 90% of them that are pro-EU, not a couple of SpAds that are making a huge gesture by publicly carrying a box.

I can't get that excited about it.

The trade negotiations seem to have settled on fishing rights that the British fisher men will promptly sell to the French. And there will have to a border somewhere just so that the EU can save face. So unless Boris decides to offer Barnier a blowjob if the EU let us back in (which in his currently nutty state is admittedly not beyond the realms of possibility) I am not that worried.

As far as I can see all that has happened is that Boris has decided to change his butcher.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

The public comment to the EU was that our position has not changed. I saw reports of Barnier rubbing his hands with glee that Cummings et al were going and  they expected us to give ground but surely BJ is finished if he does.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 14, 2020, 08:44:03 AM
He was never  popular as a PM  he was just the only one who offered what was popular .
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on November 13, 2020, 10:57:49 PM
Spaffwaffle was always clueless.

His popularity was entirely based upon the common belief that he'd be a good laugh down the pub. Turns out that this quality does not automatically make someone a good leader, as even the idiot vote is slowly waking up to.

He was never  popular as a PM  he was just the only one who offered what was popular .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2020, 06:57:45 PM
Say what you mean, John! ;)
Have I ever not ??
Seriously, he behaved as if he were above the law, and was shown to actually be above it.

His actions during the lockdown - which are typical of the 150+ IQ genuis level morons I have had to work with - caused the British Prime Minister to go on national news TV and appear a total arsehole.

I leave aside the fact that the British Prime  Minister IS a total arsehole (I've met him).
Cummings made him publicly appear as a bumbling idiot unable to give Cummings the P45 he richly deserved. Or did you miss the Press Conference Boris held after Cummings called one to say the law did not apply to him... And this immediately after a person of similar standing in Sturgeon's little coven north of the border was sent packing for similar actions. Although it is my recollection that the woman in question made a public statement that her actions had made her position untenable and she was walking. Which is universally regarded as the right thing to do in such situations.

Those charged with the task of governing this country are this morning relieved of the burden of a crass jerk who may be a tactical genius but who clearly has no idea of how to deal with an electorate and does not give a f**k about how many of them he rides roughshod over
Personally, I suspect Boris is more than a little pleased with the images freely viewable on the BBC website to name but one of Cummings with a cardboard box under his arm walking in the dark in what appears to be a jungle wilderness but in reality is probably just a couple of trees in Downing Street...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2020, 06:38:27 PM
The old Boris? Never. He was too smart for that. But this new one seems to a clueless pussy-whipped wimp
Spaffwaffle was always clueless.

His popularity was entirely based upon the common belief that he'd be a good laugh down the pub. Turns out that this quality does not automatically make someone a good leader, as even the idiot vote is slowly waking up to.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

On the brightside, Sir Starmer is mulling over apologising to Labour brexit voters for being over the top Liberal, so he can get the votes back and blame all their woes on the Tories, either way you get the Westminster party. Boris who used to be the blade is now the whimpering Prime minster with the old Tories taking back control. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Sheepy

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 06:13:35 PM
You can't just say that! Do you honestly think that even now they will u-turn? The country will go into melt down.

Oh they will spin it as a great deal for the UK but it wont be Brexit , it was never going to be . 

How much they concede will depend on the reaction but Im guessing they will pitch it somewhere that keeps most Tory voters on board , Kippers frothing at the mouth and Starmer confused .

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 13, 2020, 06:33:54 PMDominic Goings, you have made my f**king weekend. Die of starvation on the f**king dole you piece of trash
Say what you mean, John! ;)

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 05:47:45 PM
Someone convince me that I am wrong!
Looks like there will be a deal in the next few days and it will be something Cummings could never align himself with.

Now where's @Sheepy to tell us what's in the pipeline.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 13, 2020, 06:33:54 PM
Should have been thrown on his arse in the street months ago.

The police stated categorically he broke the law but they were not going to punish him in the way they did punish others.

And Boris was forced to grovel to us to plead for his miserable arse.

He is the living embodiment of one f**king law for shitheads like him and another for the rest of us.

I have a seat booked in the pub tomorrow and Dominic Goings, you have made my f**king weekend. Die of starvation on the f**king dole you piece of trash

:D

tell it how you feel john  ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2020, 06:13:35 PM
You can't just say that! Do you honestly think that even now they will u-turn? The country will go into melt down.

streetwalker has been saying that for the ten years i have known him online toots , and i tell you he hasnt often been wrong when saying it.

I agree though , if they about turn there will be major repercussions , mr farage will be smiling like a cheshire cat.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2020, 06:38:27 PM
The old Boris? Never. He was too smart for that.

What?

What did he do to make you think that? From what I saw, hr's always been a liability and it's only people like Javid, Sumac and a few others who have saved his incompetent ass time after time.
+++