Now Dominic has thrown a strop

Started by Borchester, November 13, 2020, 05:46:18 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2020, 01:48:48 PM
None of which answers the question.

Which part of our legal system does Brussels now control?

over immigration for a start , and all the other areas which eu law still takes precedence over your law.
Immigration Act receives Royal Assent: free movement to end on 31 December 2020

This means free movement will end around seven weeks from now, at 11pm on 31 December 2020.

It delivers on the government's manifesto commitment to restore faith in the immigration system.

For the first time in a generation, the UK will be able to decide who comes into the country, based on the skills they have to offer - not where they are from.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/immigration-act-receives-royal-assent-free-movement-to-end-on-31-december-2020

so i think you are a wee bit premature borkie. Streetwalker already told you he doesnt trust the tories , and neither does many others , and you can bet your arse farage will be going over everything they do with a magnifying glass .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2020, 11:35:34 AM

The moment the withdrawal agreement was signed and Henry VIII was free to make a total arse of himself over whatever pretty face he fancied then this realm became an empire.

Henry the 8th? Not a good historical role model when talking about europe is it borkie? Apart from getting the leg over , henrys claim to fame as king of the english was losing the pale of calais , the last stronghold the english had in france while still  being deluded and calling himself king of france when had hadnt ever once sat his fat arse on the french throne.

He went over to ireland and threw a strop when his english administrators in dublin ( though interpretors as they couldnt speak a word of english)told him the extent of their admininstration and the kings rule in ireland extended merely as far as the city wall and no further.

He then spent the rest of his reign firing cannon balls at edinburgh to no avail , trying to reconquer the emerald isle while hiding in fear on these islands from the europeans , particularly the french.

I wouldnt say he is a good example to use would you for the latest handbags between england and her auld enemies on the continent.

Tell you what though ,its going to be funny watching the tories implode if johnson does chicken out over brexit with 6 weeks or so to go. I imagine the tory shires in southern englandshire will never trust them again and vote farage at the next election.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 14, 2020, 02:06:44 PM
We haven't been party to the current agreement though have we? Weren't they saying that the EU wanted us to be subject to some EU Court or other? Doesn't France etc still want to pillage fish within our waters regardless of the damage? Don't they want to restrict financial aid to companies to make a level playing field thus effectively micro-managing any ways forward we might want for industries etc here?

I'm sure there are other factors which if we start to slide they will boost for the most EU benefit. I am not sure how I will feel if we start to slip down that slippery slope. The last 4+ years will have been wasted.

As said before Toots, wild fishing is over anyway. Most nations (except the UK where Boris really seems to have turned into some sort of leftie financial numb nuts) are looking to cut business taxes which is just another form of subsidy. And a common level (ie high) of taxation has always been the EU's ambition and it has gotten nowhere. In fact it is currently the major bone of contention between the Irish Republic and Brussels.

So as far as I am concerned, until Boris returns from Brussels with a lavatory brush up his backside and the look of rather enjoying the experience (like every other PM since John Major), I will assume that Brexit is a done deal
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on November 13, 2020, 10:57:49 PM
Spaffwaffle was always clueless.

Spaffwaffle? :D

Come oan tae feck steve, that sounds like the villain out of an enid blyton childrens  novel.

Did you think that up when you were consuming lashings of ginger beer on the village lawn? ;D

T00ts

We haven't been party to the current agreement though have we? Weren't they saying that the EU wanted us to be subject to some EU Court or other? Doesn't France etc still want to pillage fish within our waters regardless of the damage? Don't they want to restrict financial aid to companies to make a level playing field thus effectively micro-managing any ways forward we might want for industries etc here?

I'm sure there are other factors which if we start to slide they will boost for the most EU benefit. I am not sure how I will feel if we start to slip down that slippery slope. The last 4+ years will have been wasted.

cromwell

We'll see in 49 days maybe less
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2020, 01:46:17 PM
And we might well find it will not.

Well I just feel that this has been a long hard road with remain fighting rearguard for over 4 years now,with Mays brexit meaning brexit (which meant anything but) and the efforts of failed leaders of the past doing their best to overturn either openly or worse behind the scenes,I can picture a smug grin on the bstard bliars face now.

So yes brexiteers will care very much.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2020, 01:07:37 PM
As far as I am concerned Brexit was about UK law taking precedent over that of the EU.
And we might well find it will not.

QuoteAnd I doubt that many other Brexiters care either.

Well I just feel that this has been a long hard road with remain fighting rearguard for over 4 years now,with Mays brexit meaning brexit (which meant anything but) and the efforts of failed leaders of the past doing their best to overturn either openly or worse behind the scenes,I can picture a smug grin on the bstard bliars face now.

So yes brexiteers will care very much.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2020, 12:54:02 PM
Ermm Brexit?

As far as I am concerned Brexit was about UK law taking precedent over that of the EU. That seems to be pretty much the case. I don't give a toss about fishing rights (which won't count in another decade or as more and more fish is farmed), what taxes are levied on our crooked bankers so that they can trade with the crooks in the EU or if the proposed border runs down the Irish Sea or O'Connell Street. And I doubt that many other Brexiters care either.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2020, 12:22:51 PM
Which brings us back to our earlier point, what are we selling out?
Ermm Brexit?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2020, 12:16:10 PM
Hmm got it in one I'd say,looks like we're in for a sell out.
Am I surprised? Not really.

Which brings us back to our earlier point, what are we selling out?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 14, 2020, 12:02:35 PM
I wonder how much of this is going to be down to the implications of a Biden presidency. The timing is interesting, otherwise why not simply ride it out for six weeks until the official leave date.

The pro remain establishment seem far too happy about this, for it to be a good thing.
Hmm got it in one I'd say,looks like we're in for a sell out.
Am I surprised? Not really.

Sampanviking

I wonder how much of this is going to be down to the implications of a Biden presidency. The timing is interesting, otherwise why not simply ride it out for six weeks until the official leave date.

The pro remain establishment seem far too happy about this, for it to be a good thing.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 14, 2020, 11:29:42 AM
Johnson looks weak . I dont know if the virus has  hit him for six or the job has just become too much for him  , maybe a bit of both . I think he will do a Theresa and go .BRINO    I see little other reason for Cummings to exit in the way he did .

The fact remains that the Conservative party is a remain party ,Johnsons entire family are remain  and outside of members of Bruges group or  European research right wingers he will find little support for a no deal  brexit .

What is there to go BRINO on?

The moment the withdrawal agreement was signed and Henry VIII was free to make a total arse of himself over whatever pretty face he fancied then this realm became an empire.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 14, 2020, 11:15:57 AM
The public comment to the EU was that our position has not changed. I saw reports of Barnier rubbing his hands with glee that Cummings et al were going and  they expected us to give ground but surely BJ is finished if he does.

Quite.

BoJo must know that if backtracks on Brexit he is finished. And Barnier may be rubbing his hands but that is because he is trying to do the best he can with a piss poor hand. The EU politicians want to punish the UK. The EU economy wants to carry on doing business. And the latter will win
Algerie Francais !