Thousands of NHS Staff's Parking Fees to be Hiked 200%. No Feckin Conscience

Started by Dynamis, November 15, 2020, 05:23:52 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 09:27:59 AM
There is a problem with city hospitals, in that  when parking is free it is abused by commuters and shoppers, to the point that no spaces are available, either for staff, patients or visitors.
However, \i agree, in principal it should be free for anyone not abusing the spaces to go shopping etc.

Wow.. well in that case I agree, make it free only for staff and for patients for the period(s) of tile they are expected to need it. And don't permit anyone else to use it.

Where PFI is concerned, I'd pass a law to retroactively undo all those awful deals on some silly loophole or another, like Trump, because I'm a bullying pinko commie scumbag.
+++

Barry

There is a problem with city hospitals, in that  when parking is free it is abused by commuters and shoppers, to the point that no spaces are available, either for staff, patients or visitors.
However, \i agree, in principal it should be free for anyone not abusing the spaces to go shopping etc.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on November 16, 2020, 08:13:06 AM
You miss the point, the govt demanded parking be made free and it was. Now they have allowed trusts to start charging again. They have the power to force them to make it free and have deliberately chosen not to..

No it doesnt.

The uk tory governemtn has no say over car parking in scotland , and the charges were similarly suspended in march at out pfi hospitals. Neither the snp gov in scotland nor tory gov in england can get out of these agreements as far as im aware.

The suspension was a temporary agreed measure  due to covid........i doubt very much if these private companies goodwill will extend for ever more.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on November 16, 2020, 08:16:01 AM
https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/workforce/nurses-call-for-hospital-parking-charges-scrapped/

Unfair.
Healthcare workers in Scotland  do not pay hospital car park charges.......

You havent listened to me dyno.

The above is incorrect.

Most nhs health care workers in scotland who work at nhs owned do not pay car park charges , but those who work at labour party pfi hospitals at the glasga royal infrimary , dundee ninewells , and edinburgh royal infrimary do , and same as the english pfi hosptials, the parking charges were suspended in march.

The point is the car park charge in pfi hosptials come with the contract as far as im aware , which new labour signed off. It is not down to individal governments unless they signed the pfi deal.

Borg Refinery

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/workforce/nurses-call-for-hospital-parking-charges-scrapped/

Unfair.
Healthcare workers in Scotland and Wales do not pay hospital parking charges and Nothern Ireland suspended charges earlier this week.
---

Which proves it's a choice by the current English govt to allow parking charges to be reintro'd which is a fact.
+++

Borg Refinery

You miss the point, the govt demanded parking be made free and it was. Now they have allowed trusts to start charging again. They have the power to force them to make it free and have deliberately chosen not to.

Anyway, nursing notes and yahoo news seem to be carrying the story too.
+++

Thomas

Sir howard davies  , chairman of RBS  , called the diversion of tax payers money to private banks " a fraud of the people " , and that the labour parties PFI legacy , of which hospital car park charges are part of , means the uk taxpayer will pay an estimated £300 billion for a mere £50 billion worth of projects.

The fault mainly lies with new labour.......and they have been trying to pass the buck and the blame for the legacy of these pfi contracts onto the snp and tories and any other party they can get away with.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2020, 09:20:37 PM
At the trust I worked at, until recently, the carparks were not owned by the hospital, they were operated and costed by a private owner. The Tories definitely did not own the car park.
In fact, the NHS trust did not even own the hospital, it was leased.

It does seem crazy that in the height of the epidemic, March and April, someone decided there was to be free staff parking, and now they are perhaps clawing back what they lost by a ridiculous increase. Any increase should be pegged to inflation.

In scotland barry all nhs owned hospitals have free car parking . Three of the PFI hospitals introduced by the labour party in scotland though when they were in charge are as you say leased , and car parking charges come with that agreement as far as im aware.

So totally agree , the tories definetly dont own the car park , and i think if dyno does his research he will find  that its down to companies such as "semperian"  , and that the contracts were given out during the height of the new labour government and  brown/blairs magical PFI boom .

From what i understand none of the devolved administrations nor the tory government can get out of these contracts , so car parking charges will remain at these PFI hospitals .

So Dyno is wrong to talk about "evil tories" being responsible for these parking charges unless they were the ones giving out these pfi contracts...........most of them as far as im aware were the fault of the "evil blairites in new labour".

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Javert

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2020, 09:20:37 PM
At the trust I worked at, until recently, the carparks were not owned by the hospital, they were operated and costed by a private owner. The Tories definitely did not own the car park.

It does seem crazy that in the height of the epidemic, March and April, someone decided there was to be free staff parking, and now they are perhaps clawing back what they lost by a ridiculous increase. Any increase should be pegged to inflation.

It's kind of crazy that we now live in a time where hospital staff have to pay to park their cars at their own workplace, and that this is considered somehow as normal, and anyone who questions it is probably a commie or suchlike, to the extent that even some of the people who work in the hospital are starting to think it's ok. 

It is no ok, and neither is it ok to charge the families of sick relatives parking fees either

cromwell

There should be staff car parks and be free,I've never worked anywhere that had its own car park that charged you.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †