Main Menu

PM self isolating

Started by Barry, November 15, 2020, 10:11:35 PM

« previous - next »

Javert

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 04:09:49 PM
I knowa what the links are to.
One is SARS1
the other is MERS and they are similar coronaviruses with similar effects. So they are very relevant
Why not? Most scientists do.

Not it isn't and no they don't, at least they are not certain enough of it to risk thousands of lives on it.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 03:34:01 PM
Confirmation bias at its best! :)

What rubbish! Just because I don't agree with you? That simply makes me cross.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 03:04:10 PM
Is the reason you are getting fed up, that your faith in "the government doing their best for us" is finally dissolving?
Do you still think that no one could have done any better?

Barry to be honest I hardly recognise you anymore. I expect some insanity from a few posters here but not you. No - I still think our Government have done the best with the circumstances presented to them. I blame a lot of the inadequacy on those who have sat on their hands and done a less than a worthwhile job. I blame the medical profession for their lack of preparedness and foresight. Not the guys on the front line but those who sit at the top in their thickly carpeted offices with prime art on the walls, who have admitted that they didn't believe that the virus would get here.

I blame smug incompetence throughout the Whitehall machine. It's not a new failure. It's been evident for decades.

I blame those who are determined with the gift of hindsight, that they could/would have done better. I blame those who are simply unbiddable,  who simply wouldn't be told what to do even though it was for the good of all. I blame a society so hung up on material things in life that they put them before anything else.

We reap what we sow.

Barry

Quote from: Javert on November 16, 2020, 03:53:44 PMPlease check your links - both of those links are about SARS-COV1 - nothing to do with Covid 19 and not relevant.
I knowa what the links are to.
One is SARS1
the other is MERS and they are similar coronaviruses with similar effects. So they are very relevant

QuoteYou cannot assume that duration and strength of immunity for one virus is the same as another.
Why not? Most scientists do.
† The end is nigh †

Javert

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 12:44:28 PM
Oh really.
7 months after leaving hospital. Oh right-o.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851497/
2 years
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/870592_3
6 out of 7 people after 34 months.

Where's your link to say he's at risk after 7 months. Ah, thought not.

Please check your links - both of those links are about SARS-COV1 - nothing to do with Covid 19 and not relevant.

You cannot assume that duration and strength of immunity for one virus is the same as another.

Also - you mentioned earlier "look after the sick and get on with it" or words to that effect.

The issue as we've discussed many times is how you define "looking after" the sick.  If too many people get sick at the same time, hospitals are overrun, no ambulances available, people will be dying in the corridors and left to die in their houses. 

So if "looking after the sick" just means "there there we'll stay on the phone with you while you make your final peace with the almighty", then I guess that's ok.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 16, 2020, 03:31:43 PM
At last a voice of sanity. Thanks Cromwell!
Confirmation bias at its best! :)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 16, 2020, 02:57:53 PM
I didn't say he was a risk,and you have posted two links to other viruses,what I am saying is experts in their field have said that they don't know how long immunity lasts and the strength of that immunity.

If they don't know then neither do you or I also we don't know if they're right or wrong either.....it's a new virus,little is still known and they're still learning.

At last a voice of sanity. Thanks Cromwell!

Sheepy

Well apparently the American vaccine is 95% effective, nobody knows how effective the UK one is. Of if they do, we haven't heard about it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 16, 2020, 01:36:11 PM
I am really getting fed up. There seem to be as many assertions of antibody strength and duration as there are patients. Why are there so many? Either the virus creates durable antibodies or it doesn't. I have just listened to BJ and he says that he is full of antibodies but the direction is to isolate so he is obeying. His point seems to be that everyone else would expect to do it so he will.

It isn't making me at all confident that anyone, scientific or medical let alone the layman, has any kind of clue what they are talking about. Disagreements here make it even worse.
Is the reason you are getting fed up, that your faith in "the government doing their best for us" is finally dissolving?
Do you still think that no one could have done any better?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2020, 12:44:28 PM
Oh really.
7 months after leaving hospital. Oh right-o.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2851497/
2 years
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/870592_3
6 out of 7 people after 34 months.

Where's your link to say he's at risk after 7 months. Ah, thought not.
I didn't say he was a risk,and you have posted two links to other viruses,what I am saying is experts in their field have said that they don't know how long immunity lasts and the strength of that immunity.

If they don't know then neither do you or I also we don't know if they're right or wrong either.....it's a new virus,little is still known and they're still learning.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

There you go, Mr Hancock has it all sorted, so you can put your mind at rest, I was so tempted to misspell his name.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-too-early-lockdown-lifted-122403994.html

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on November 16, 2020, 01:36:11 PM
I am really getting fed up. There seem to be as many assertions of antibody strength and duration as there are patients. Why are there so many? Either the virus creates durable antibodies or it doesn't. I have just listened to BJ and he says that he is full of antibodies but the direction is to isolate so he is obeying. His point seems to be that everyone else would expect to do it so he will.

It isn't making me at all confident that anyone, scientific or medical let alone the layman, has any kind of clue what they are talking about. Disagreements here make it even worse.
you worry toots, it is fine Javert will be along to do the maths, the new Vaccine is said to be 95% effective which of course means the other 5% are up the creek anyway, but no worries because Covid kills less than 5% of the population according to the maths. Not that they are completely barking mad and have been taken over by the world government, with Covid in charge.

T00ts

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on November 16, 2020, 01:13:57 PM
Well on the Brightside, the Conservatives are going into Covid hiding at any excuse, but alas the Vaccine is being offered up, you first then. Apparently Nurse has a big needle ready for you lot.
quite an achievement considering it is part of the common cold they couldn't cure like, ever!
Some in the NHS are not too keen.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8952939/NHS-workers-join-anti-vaxxer-group-compares-Pfizer-jab-poison-opposed-masks.html

NHS Workers for Choice, No Restrictions for Declining a Vaccine
† The end is nigh †