Who next for PM?

Started by T00ts, November 17, 2020, 02:17:13 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 02:44:00 PM
;D ;D ;D You have no shame either! Don't you think we are enough of a pickle? I am looking for Unification (sorry Thomas etc of the Scots contingent) both of the UK and the people to take us forward. If we don't have the right people in place the future looks a waste of time let alone a failure.

OK. Of the current shower I actually DO think both Javid and Patel will have a go at taking the podium after Boris leaves it. And I cannot for the life of me see anything in anyone else that suggests they might do the job.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 17, 2020, 02:36:26 PM
Javid of course nailed his feelings to the mast by walking because of all the Cummings And Goings and now Cummings is history he may well step up to the plate. If so, I am sure he will leave Rishi in the job he himself turned down because of Cummings... Interesting times

Although I can see Priti Patel having a go, if only because the Woke Warriors demand a black transgender in the job and she's the best they have.

I suspect Gove would have a go. The man has no shame after all.

Are you only taking options for leader of the Westminster political party, or Prime Minister.

Because as you know (I hope) Her Brittanic Majesty's constitutional role in government is limited to choosing, from among her subjects, one to go to the Palace of Westminster and there attempt to form, from those elected to serve, a government. There is no requirement that Her Majesty's Prime Minister is actually a member of the House of Commons, although it has been a while since a Prime Minister has been appointed from outside the ranks of the Elected.

Maybe Lady Carrie, or Lord Dominic Of CummingBackBigTime may be appointed to the job. I hope so as the outrage will be palpable in Fishguard and John O'Groats

;D ;D ;D You have no shame either! Don't you think we are enough of a pickle? I am looking for Unification (sorry Thomas etc of the Scots contingent) both of the UK and the people to take us forward. If we don't have the right people in place the future looks a waste of time let alone a failure.

johnofgwent

Javid of course nailed his feelings to the mast by walking because of all the Cummings And Goings and now Cummings is history he may well step up to the plate. If so, I am sure he will leave Rishi in the job he himself turned down because of Cummings... Interesting times

Although I can see Priti Patel having a go, if only because the Woke Warriors demand a black transgender in the job and she's the best they have.

I suspect Gove would have a go. The man has no shame after all.

Are you only taking options for leader of the Westminster political party, or Prime Minister.

Because as you know (I hope) Her Brittanic Majesty's constitutional role in government is limited to choosing, from among her subjects, one to go to the Palace of Westminster and there attempt to form, from those elected to serve, a government. There is no requirement that Her Majesty's Prime Minister is actually a member of the House of Commons, although it has been a while since a Prime Minister has been appointed from outside the ranks of the Elected.

Maybe Lady Carrie, or Lord Dominic Of CummingBackBigTime may be appointed to the job. I hope so as the outrage will be palpable in Fishguard and John O'Groats
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Johnny Mercer seems to be an idea, plus he had real experience in the military which I see as a bonus. And was/is a successful businessman, and has a bit more principle than these others here, which is rare for a Tory.

But he is still a bloody Tory. ;)

I put down Javid in the poll, with Sunak as the second choice.

+++

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 17, 2020, 02:24:08 PM
Dunno, Boris and a few others have gone into hiding until it blows over and has been put in hand by others, well I mean self isolating of course.

True but they'll have to re-appear sooner or later and decisions need to be made.

Sheepy

Dunno, Boris and a few others have gone into hiding until it blows over and has been put in hand by others, well I mean self isolating of course.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Ok It seems that BJ has become the story and quite apart from the rumours after he was hospitalised that he would go after Brexit was achieved, partly because he will lose interest, it's not the job he thought it would be and also that he is losing money due to the miserable pay cheque for PMs. I wouldn't put it past him to choose between Carrie and the No 10 (or should that be No 11) flat, but beware the spurned woman if that was a favoured option, which I am fairly certain he already realises. He has always relied on appointing the best people around him. It seems that this time his choices have been decided by his lower brain. Still there is all to play for.

So who will it be? Perhaps there are others we should include.

Rishi Sunak has been fidgety for weeks but then he could really lose out when it comes to crunch and taxes get levied. His popularity could dive bomb.
Sajid Javid He didn't do too well last time but with BJ out it might be interesting. Safe pair of hands?
Michael Gove - I think his ship has sailed but would he have the gall to stand again?
Jeremy Hunt claimed that his business background would give him the edge in negotiation. Last time we didn't believe him. Is this his time or is he just too nice?
We can't dismiss the girls except the macho Downing St makes it look unlikely - but

Priti Patel? Does she have the drive/arrogance to take the top job?

Any other suggestions? We need someone who can navigate a new beginning while getting us stable.

We have about 4 years until polling stations open again for the masses so don't you Labour/Libdems/Greens start throwing your ideological offerings into the mix. You'll have your day later. We need someone who can unite/inspire us to face the world en masse.