Who next for PM?

Started by T00ts, November 17, 2020, 02:17:13 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Riki Sunak has his eye on that ball.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 17, 2020, 08:02:54 PM
Well thats why Johnson got elected , the choice was pretty dire .  A  Tory list doesn't really change that choice and though Farage isnt really PM material someone with his views on things most certainly could be .

Unfortunately Ive promised a guy I will knock up an extension for him before crimbo so Ill have to rule myself out

That's a shame. I'll hope for good weather though for the extn.  I've read comments today that BJ is turning nto something akin to green jelly. It isn't what they voted for. They wanted a 'real Tory'.

I have actually sent one of my very rare emails to my MP today pointing out that it's not good enough and asking him to pass my remarks on to the PM. I await a reply with interest.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 06:59:05 PM
Think back to the choice we had. Farage would never have reached No 10. The Tory vote would have split and Corbyn Momentum would have leap frogged over him.

Well thats why Johnson got elected , the choice was pretty dire .  A  Tory list doesn't really change that choice and though Farage isnt really PM material someone with his views on things most certainly could be .

Unfortunately Ive promised a guy I will knock up an extension for him before crimbo so Ill have to rule myself out

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 17, 2020, 06:52:22 PM
Ermmm , Im Erming  here .....If  brexit goes tits  maybe non Tories should have been an option ?
LOL well La farage might have been outflanked by the Tories twice by promising to deliver, I bet it won't happen again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 17, 2020, 06:52:22 PM
Ermmm , Im Erming  here .....If  brexit goes tits  maybe non Tories should have been an option ?

Think back to the choice we had. Farage would never have reached No 10. The Tory vote would have split and Corbyn Momentum would have leap frogged over him.

Streetwalker

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 04:46:13 PM
With all due respect Toots, I think that you are going a bit over the top.

Nations rarely need a brave leader. What the UK needs is a half competent manager. Anything more suggests that we are a bunch of ball less wimps looking for someone to hold our hands as we journey through life.

I don't know what jury you are serving on but I don't quite see how Carrie Symonds has committed treason. Has she told the Russians what brand of Kennomeat the royal corgis eat? No? In that case she is just a sharp elbow little minx with sharp elbows trying to climb the company ladder and with the advantage of sleeping with the boss. If that is treason then every other pushy little clerk in the country would be in jail.

As long as our laws are made at Westminster rather than Brussels Boris will do for me. Failing that, and provided she can get over this thing she has for the EU, maybe Nicola Sturgeon might take the job.

Fair enough! Perhaps an overstatement but the situation that we are currently in really grates. The trouble for me is that we don't seem to have that good manager that you refer to. The latest is a cancellation of an Environmental Speech. !0 points were to be made. My question is who wrote them? Did someone in Environment thus disappointing Carrie, or has Carrie written them and annoyed Environment? These are the sort of questions that will constantly arise now with each decision. BJ's home life has become the story.

The finale of Brexit discussions is promised for next week. I have my fingers crossed that BJ will fulfil his oft made promise. If the outcome creates yet another furore then what's the point? I confess that my attitude has been that every dog is allowed one bite, so I have given BJ time to get his act together after a tough time, but we are running out of time fast. It may well end in curtains and no encore.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 04:18:59 PM
Even though he is shattered with apparently little concentration or focus with a needy dominatrix in tow? I am happy for him to linger to make his mark with Brexit as long as he sticks to his guns and doesn't turn into jelly. If he can't uphold his position as leader of the country against his fiancé there's not much hope when she is a remainer even more than a No10 wannabee. The jury is split on whether she has done us a service or committed treason, but PM is no place for a duet as Cameron/Clegg discovered.

With all due respect Toots, I think that you are going a bit over the top.

Nations rarely need a brave leader. What the UK needs is a half competent manager. Anything more suggests that we are a bunch of ball less wimps looking for someone to hold our hands as we journey through life.

I don't know what jury you are serving on but I don't quite see how Carrie Symonds has committed treason. Has she told the Russians what brand of Kennomeat the royal corgis eat? No? In that case she is just a sharp elbow little minx with sharp elbows trying to climb the company ladder and with the advantage of sleeping with the boss. If that is treason then every other pushy little clerk in the country would be in jail.

As long as our laws are made at Westminster rather than Brussels Boris will do for me. Failing that, and provided she can get over this thing she has for the EU, maybe Nicola Sturgeon might take the job.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 17, 2020, 04:23:15 PM
Well when Carrie is playing Harry Corbett to Boris's Sooty it's as I feared, the chance of a sell out beckons.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That's some image!

cromwell

Well when Carrie is playing Harry Corbett to Boris's Sooty it's as I feared, the chance of a sell out beckons.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 03:29:39 PM
I hope Boris stays.

There is not much to do and he is good at that. This damn your eyes and follow me lark is all very well when the Huns are on the other side of the Channel and threatening the Empire, but all we have now are a few snotty noses and Barnier and Frost grumbling about not much of anything. No need for a change.

Even though he is shattered with apparently little concentration or focus with a needy dominatrix in tow? I am happy for him to linger to make his mark with Brexit as long as he sticks to his guns and doesn't turn into jelly. If he can't uphold his position as leader of the country against his fiancé there's not much hope when she is a remainer even more than a No10 wannabee. The jury is split on whether she has done us a service or committed treason, but PM is no place for a duet as Cameron/Clegg discovered.

Borchester

I hope Boris stays.

There is not much to do and he is good at that. This damn your eyes and follow me lark is all very well when the Huns are on the other side of the Channel and threatening the Empire, but all we have now are a few snotty noses and Barnier and Frost grumbling about not much of anything. No need for a change.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 02:28:08 PM
True but they'll have to re-appear sooner or later and decisions need to be made.
They probably do, but as I said some of us are nothing to do with bolting up the public.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 17, 2020, 02:47:11 PM

OK. Of the current shower I actually DO think both Javid and Patel will have a go at taking the podium after Boris leaves it. And I cannot for the life of me see anything in anyone else that suggests they might do the job.

I was a bit tongue in cheek when I included Priti. I think she might have too much baggage re her bullying accusations. The press would precede any mention of her with several column inches of this old information. Not to mention the inevitable concern at her having the bomb codes. I forgot Liz Truss who someone mentioned a while back although in her favour is what she is currently doing at International Trade.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on November 17, 2020, 02:30:49 PM
Johnny Mercer seems to be an idea, plus he had real experience in the military which I see as a bonus. And was/is a successful businessman, and has a bit more principle than these others here, which is rare for a Tory.

But he is still a bloody Tory. ;)

I put down Javid in the poll, with Sunak as the second choice.

Mmmm He's a thought too. I wonder how the wets in HofC would respond to a bit Parade Ground discipline. It could make life interesting. I wonder if with his background he would be better left to see if he could affect some change into the Forces debacle of equipment supply. Although I don't know if his army rank is high enough to holds any sway.