Blimey,they do go on

Started by Borchester, November 17, 2020, 06:55:56 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 09:19:34 PM
Of course I didn't choose it with her. I just gave her my card and let her get on with it. And then I told her that nowhere in all of old Araby was there ever such a noble carpet. Actually I said that about 15 times ans she still asked for repeats.

And to repeat myself again, good idea women, but Sky Genii, they do go on.

Sighs and shrugs - men are just Martian!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 08:10:19 PM
So to your question. Did you choose it with her? Are you sure she really likes it or perhaps she has misgivings and needs reassurance. Comments like 'it's fab' or 'you did a brilliant job there' might make all the difference. She is probably hoping that her friends confirm her choice too. Just in case they are not as convincing of their love of said carpet you had better go to plan B - whatever that is - maybe use your imagination!   8)

Of course I didn't choose it with her. I just gave her my card and let her get on with it. And then I told her that nowhere in all of old Araby was there ever such a noble carpet. Actually I said that about 15 times ans she still asked for repeats.

And to repeat myself again, good idea women, but Sky Genii, they do go on.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 06:55:56 PM
She has just had a new stair carpet fitted and has spent most of the day asking me what I think of it and the rest of the time on the phone to her friends telling them that she has had a new stair carpet fitted. But mostly she asks what I really, really think of it and it does not matter how many times I say yeah doll, looks good, she still comes back and asks what I really think.

And tomorrow her mates are coming round to admire it.

I mean, I am glad that she is happy but at the end of the day, it is still only a bloody carpet.

As I have probably said before, a good idea women, but they do go on.

So to your question. Did you choose it with her? Are you sure she really likes it or perhaps she has misgivings and needs reassurance. Comments like 'it's fab' or 'you did a brilliant job there' might make all the difference. She is probably hoping that her friends confirm her choice too. Just in case they are not as convincing of their love of said carpet you had better go to plan B - whatever that is - maybe use your imagination!   8)

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 07:31:19 PM
How about we meet in the middle Toots. You get that Sky Genii of yours to stop the plagues and wars that torment the world and I will stop thinking of him as a shallow, cowardly old egotist who isn't worth the price of a second hand nightie from Poundland.

Deal?

I can't He will let man do their worst so that blood is on their hands on Judgement day. Having said that I firmly believe He does intervene at times - like when He stopped Abraham killing his son. He won't stop man living by their choices so couldn't you do this one just for me cos I'm nice?   :-*

cromwell

Mod Notice
Thread header changed (as per rule 1.6.1.) I'll say it for you,yes I'm boring,right on but it's in the rules so had to go. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2020, 07:00:37 PM
Please please don't blaspheme. There are so many other words you could use and I love your posts as a rule and this makes it tough for me.

How about we meet in the middle Toots. You get that Sky Genii of yours to stop the plagues and wars that torment the world and I will stop thinking of him as a shallow, cowardly old egotist who isn't worth the price of a second hand nightie from Poundland.

Deal?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2020, 06:55:56 PM
She has just had a new stair carpet fitted and has spent most of the day asking me what I think of it and the rest of the time on the phone to her friends telling them that she has had a new stair carpet fitted. But mostly she asks what I really, really think of it and it does not matter how many times I say yeah doll, looks good, she still comes back and asks what I really think.

I mean, I am glad that she is happy but at the end of the day, it is still only a bloody carpet.

Please please don't blaspheme. There are so many other words you could use and I love your posts as a rule and this makes it tough for me.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !