Who’s next?

Started by Nick, November 19, 2020, 07:38:32 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on November 21, 2020, 09:02:48 AM
So what your all saying is we should have a basket and put countries with a shared vision for the future and values and put them into it. That being UK, Poland and Hungary.
Not sure who that was directed at, because you made it up, no one said that.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

So what your all saying is we should have a basket and put countries with a shared vision for the future and values and put them into it. That being UK, Poland and Hungary.

johnofgwent

One of the leaders of the less than euro loving italian dissident parties has now openly set up a movement campaigning for italexit.

How's the Greeks doing these days ? They certainly were NOT happy at having to shaft the tourists with a Brussels-demanded tourist tax when I was there last year. And despite the best efforts of the eurotwats in brussels to make it sound like I will be considered am persona non grata when we return to Zakynthos for Moira and my 40th wedding anniversary holiday in September next year, because my passport makes it clear I am a BRITISH citizen, the stuff I am getting direct from the hotel and the Greek Government (well, their tourist board) make it clear they want my british pounds even harder than the italians wanted them when Moira and I honeymooned there in 1981 ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2020, 10:37:41 PMWell Poland has compared the EU to communist rule

Seems there will be at least one less mouth to feed very very soon. Another country cast adrift, destined to be part of a block 6 times bigger than the EU.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 19, 2020, 07:38:32 PM
When the endless wait for freedom is over and the UK announced its self back on the world stage, who out of the 27 will be watching and thinking we're next?

Italy want it but know the country is that messed up they can't walk. France do but Macron has flipped them the bird. Poland and Hungary keep accepting bigger bungs so as to play nicely so for me The Netherlands is up there.

If Marine Le Pen gets in its curtains for the EU as that will leave Germany well and truly holding the baby.
Well Poland has compared the EU to communist rule ,oh dear still as Gerry says we are the eu and the eu is us https://notesfrompoland.com/2020/11/18/polish-pm-likens-eu-rule-of-law-mechanism-to-communism-and-repeats-budget-veto-threat/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

When the endless wait for freedom is over and the UK announced its self back on the world stage, who out of the 27 will be watching and thinking we're next?

Italy want it but know the country is that messed up they can't walk. France do but Macron has flipped them the bird. Poland and Hungary keep accepting bigger bungs so as to play nicely so for me The Netherlands is up there.

If Marine Le Pen gets in its curtains for the EU as that will leave Germany well and truly holding the baby.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.