Priti Patel

Started by cromwell, November 19, 2020, 10:37:02 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

He was busy telling the world about his biking adventures on another place, managing to reunite the left and right, the lost empires, the pharaohs and probably alien planets in universal condemnation of his total hypocrisy in breaking the lockdown rules and bragging about it, while saying everyone who breaks the rules should be shot.

I almost died of laughter. It's a shame he partly helped get me banned from the place with reporting anything and everything..

+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on November 23, 2020, 12:09:24 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-rules-priti-patel-did-not-breach-ministerial-code-over-bullying-allegations-12136986

She's quite nice Priti, wants to blow up migrant boats, kinda like our garden gnome but with tits.  :D

Or Pappy, who has hinted that he has moobs  :)
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 21, 2020, 11:38:14 AM
This is the short report:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/937010/Findings_of_the_Independent_Adviser.pdf

Worth saying the report also makes unusual criticism of Home Office, says Patel didn't always receive support she should have from her officials.

Like I said.

I feel the last paragraph of that report explains quite a lot.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

This is the short report:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/937010/Findings_of_the_Independent_Adviser.pdf

Worth saying the report also makes unusual criticism of Home Office, says Patel didn't always receive support she should have from her officials.

Like I said.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 20, 2020, 08:27:39 AM
There was much noise made about Gordon Brown
I had the opportunity to see for myself. nasty bit of work.

And he cheats at golf , that the bloke who couldn't count passed 6 became the bead counter general was always a source of amusement in hackers central .

Barry

It's likely that she had to assert herself to get a day's work out of an overpaid civil servant with an inflated idea of their own self importance.
Of course the mostly left CS would oppose this as they like an easy life and no truck from Tories who want to protect our borders and send back illegals.
† The end is nigh †

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2020, 09:28:12 AMI worked for a bloke like that early in my working life,proverbial bull in a china shop and he might shout and swear but if you were right would defend you to the last and if someone  in a higher position cocked up he didn't hold back from telling them.......and bluntly,was actually a well respected boss who behind it all was good hearted.

There are leaders and there are followers, mate, fact of life. That's how I was always taught it. "Stripes won't make you a leader. They make you an example"

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 20, 2020, 08:47:45 AM
I think Priti is just another Alpha. We might shout and swear, but we get stuff done. But while there places that works, I don't think parliament is one of them.
I worked for a bloke like that early in my working life,proverbial bull in a china shop and he might shout and swear but if you were right would defend you to the last and if someone  in a higher position cocked up he didn't hold back from telling them.......and bluntly,was actually a well respected boss who behind it all was good hearted.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on November 19, 2020, 10:37:02 PMShouted and swore,disgraceful.....wonder what they'd make of DD?

I think Priti is just another Alpha. We might shout and swear, but we get stuff done. But while there places that works, I don't think parliament is one of them.

johnofgwent

There was much noise made about Gordon Brown
I had the opportunity to see for myself. nasty bit of work. and then there's 'Effing Gethin' our very own half health minister who clerly did not get the job on merit as an additional bum has been given ministerial status to do three quarters of the job he is paid to do leaving him to mismanage the other quarter

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 20, 2020, 05:47:50 AM
Obviously we don't know exactly what's been going on but I like straight talking and if someone needs a few fecks thrown into them if they are not performing that's alright by me .
A few more ministers prepared to be unpopular within the government makes them more popular with the public

That is so.

Every time the media comes out with one of its shock, horror, X or Y said poo! stories, I reckon most of us are thinking that the relevant politician is earning his beer and bacon.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Obviously we don't know exactly what's been going on but I like straight talking and if someone needs a few fecks thrown into them if they are not performing that's alright by me .
A few more ministers prepared to be unpopular within the government makes them more popular with the public

cromwell

Shouted and swore,disgraceful.....wonder what they'd make of DD?  ???
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55007122
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?