Breathing ? Ambulance can't be that important then

Started by johnofgwent, November 20, 2020, 08:36:50 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

The system in England isn't good but doesn't seem as bad as yours in NI and Wales. That's indefensible, all the nations should have the same level of healthcare as in England (or preferably scot).

+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on November 20, 2020, 12:09:57 PM
We had a non-emergency fallout in work the other day (man collapsed but seemed stable afterwards) took 4 hours for a paramedic to get to him, the funding simply isn't there for comprehensive cover, so the criteria for an emergency get higher, and response times for non-emergencies get longer.

I doubt we'll see significant funding increases for First Responders any time soon.
well of course there are supposed to be targets, except in wales where they never met them so thay abolished the targets and replaced them with a feel good factor suggestion that as long as they get there before rigor mortis sets in, they can consider themselves achievers for the day ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

We had a non-emergency call out in work the other day (man collapsed but seemed stable afterwards) took 4 hours for a paramedic to get to him, the funding simply isn't there for comprehensive cover, so the criteria for an emergency get higher, and response times for non-emergencies get longer.

I doubt we'll see significant funding increases for First Responders any time soon.
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55007737
Well, i knew this on Dec 13th last year when Moira stopped breathing but the 999 call handler cancelled the ambulance when Jennifer got her airway cleared, but it's nice to see an inquest hear that 999 Call handlers donlt consider an ambulance a priority if you are still breathing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>