yeah well I have heard enough about the Tories and Brexit

Started by Sheepy, November 23, 2020, 01:45:15 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 24, 2020, 08:06:55 PMNick might well think getting rid of the hard left will be end of his problems, personally, I very much doubt it.

Don't you dare, you leave the left where they are. They are doing a great job 😂.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on November 24, 2020, 08:06:55 PM
That is probably true to a degree, but it sort of relies on them being the problem of why people don't vote Labour, I guess Starmer will be fine then. I get the feelings of why people don't vote Labour are much,much deeper, Nick might well think getting rid of the hard left will be end of his problems, personally, I very much doubt it.

Labour, do have a lot of areas to address to gain the electorates confidence . But they can not do that if they clearly have not got something resembling unity within the party it's self. There have to be differences in the broad church that it is, and has to be. But if some find themselves diametrically opposed to party policy, then Starmer gains if they leave. The worst thing that can happen to Labour is if it engages in internal warfare, neither faction will gain the electorates  support enough to have to deal with any other concern the electorate may have.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on November 24, 2020, 07:27:39 PM

These people leaving the party is not a problem for Starmer.  They are not the electorate , and if they couldn't work with him, then they are of no use to him. Most have only joined the party in recent years anyway .
The electorate are not the party membership. They, the electorate,  in most cases  need  to know they can vote for a party that does not indulge in open warfare. If any part of the membership can not support the party leader in  getting the trust of the electorate then the party has to be the winner.
That is probably true to a degree, but it sort of relies on them being the problem of why people don't vote Labour, I guess Starmer will be fine then. I get the feelings of why people don't vote Labour are much,much deeper, Nick might well think getting rid of the hard left will be end of his problems, personally, I very much doubt it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Good old on November 24, 2020, 07:27:39 PMIf any part of the membership can not support the party leader in  getting the trust of the electorate then the party has to be the winner.

Whilst under Corbyn, the electorate supported him but the rest of the PLP thought he was buffoon. Well on that occasion the spotty herberts lost and the PLP got rid.

Good old

These people leaving the party is not a problem for Starmer.  They are not the electorate , and if they couldn't work with him, then they are of no use to him. Most have only joined the party in recent years anyway .
The electorate are not the party membership. They, the electorate,  in most cases  need  to know they can vote for a party that does not indulge in open warfare. If any part of the membership can not support the party leader in  getting the trust of the electorate then the party has to be the winner.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 24, 2020, 01:03:24 PM
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/corbyn-supporting-labour-faction-stage-110305904.html
Looks like sir Starmer is having more than his fair share of problems.

13 is classed as a mass walk out nowadays is it?

Can't imagine that he's too bothered when they follow Corbyn, Mcdonell and Wrong Daily.

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/keir-starmer-accused-of-threatening-free-expression-with-ban-on-discussing-corbyn-suspension-as-left-wingers-stage-nec-walk-out/ar-BB1bjc1D?ocid=msedgntp
I might start thinking I was right and sir Starmer has bitten off a lot more than he can chew. If somebody wins 71% of the vote, well guess what?
The working clarse can kiss me arse because I have the foreman's job at last, isn't that right Sir Starmer.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on November 23, 2020, 08:09:45 PM
Just had a quick shufty and for Nov  7 out of 11 pollsters had the Tories in the lead. 3 for Labour and 1 tie. None showed Labour more than 3 points clear.

As for Starmer, I guess Labour can kiss good bye to the puberty vote now then, or should I say support as none of them could be arsed actually going to vote.
Anybody might think politicians cannot change their spots, they will lie cheat and be all around cads.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on November 23, 2020, 01:56:05 PM
But,but he is leading by ten points, it don't mean he ain't going home, his dancing is atrocious.

Just had a quick shufty and for Nov  7 out of 11 pollsters had the Tories in the lead. 3 for Labour and 1 tie. None showed Labour more than 3 points clear.

As for Starmer, I guess Labour can kiss good bye to the puberty vote now then, or should I say support as none of them could be arsed actually going to vote.

Sheepy

But,but he is leading by ten points, it don't mean he ain't going home, his dancing is atrocious.

Sheepy