Re: Forget the past it's the here & now and other off topic stuff

Started by Dynamis, November 24, 2020, 02:10:12 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

So what does this really mean?

Lastly this  I've never thought we we were whiter than white in our history along with a lot of other European colonial powers we were just better at it as a whole (and I don't mean all just bad stuff) which we are still resented for by those who weren't as successful or have gone on to be as bad.

A good example Spain plundered the gold,we stole a lot of it from them and is how it all started......am I supposed to apologise for that,sod that.

If someone burgled a house and nicks some jewellery and on his way home is mugged am I supposed to be sorry  :)

Sounds like you're saying you're not sorry for the "bad stuff".

And you shouldn't be "sorry" as it's the govt of the day's fault, but perhaps you could express some understanding that, you know, our govt did inexcusable sick things and many in our govt now think it should be celebrated. It shouldn't.

If that's a wrong interpretation of your post, then explain because you really haven't made it clear.

If a Romanian said we did bad things, but others did bad things too and I'm not going to apologize, we just weren't as successful, you'd go nuts.
+++

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 10:58:21 AM
Surely plundering gold isn't even remotely like things that Thomas mentions like the bengal "famine" or the irish "famine".

Your argument seems to be that because others did it's ok and I'm not sorry we did it, and we did it better?

Is that the argument you're applying to the Irish "famine" or have I completely misread you?
Ermm yes 🙄
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 10:20:16 AM
I don't disagree with a lot of that,however a couple of points you told me a short time ago that I shouldn't mention the war  ;) it's in the past.

Secondly Gerry keeps bringing this up and slagging the English in relation to the here and now,I just give him some in reply and no I don't take it personally or get angry (dyna) if you're reading this  :P.

Only time I get the hump is over people with a learning dis being crapped on and yeah do get angry then but  freely admit it.......I don't apologise for getting angry over that but don't intend to take it out on anyone individually on here when I do but that's another story we all have our fuses.

Lastly this  I've never thought we we were whiter than white in our history along with a lot of other European colonial powers we were just better at it as a whole (and I don't mean all just bad stuff) which we are still resented for by those who weren't as successful or have gone on to be as bad.

A good example Spain plundered the gold,we stole a lot of it from them and is how it all started......am I supposed to apologise for that,sod that.

If someone burgled a house and nicks some jewellery and on his way home is mugged am I supposed to be sorry  :)

Surely plundering gold isn't even remotely like things that Thomas mentions like the bengal "famine" or the irish "famine".

Your argument seems to be that because others did it's ok and I'm not sorry we did it, and we did it better?

Is that the argument you're applying to the Irish "famine" or have I completely misread you?
+++

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 25, 2020, 07:46:05 AM
Im about cromwell , just keeping busy at the minute .

:)

First of all as i pointed out , it wasnt a famine. The way people put it in england when talking about their mythological history is that it was some tragic act of god that couldnt be helped. Thats the equivalent of the germans saying the holocaust was an oxygen famine , both ridiculous reinterpretations of deliberate slaughter.

As i pointed out in my previous post , it was a deliberate thought out policy of the anglo british elite against the irish people. Not just once , it was something like 12 "artificial famines" contructed against the irish over a century.

The potato blight was merely a cover over which to hide behind.

No difference between what the british did in ireland in the mid nineteenth century to what the germans did in europe a century later during the holocaust , except maybe the british were a bit more subtle about it , and lacked the technology the germans did .

Dont agree , you are arguing semantics cromwell and let me explain.

No can't on this earth blames joe bloggs in a bedsit in manchester for the great hunger in ireland , just as no can't in the world blames heinrich in a bedsit in berlin for the holocaust.

When people generalise about "the english" , they are generally reffering to the british or anglo elite , and their deliberate policies. We all generalise like this , and so do you cromwell.

For example i know you dont dislike the german people , but i have heard you and many others talking about "the germans" when discussing incidents about the second world war which sometimes include atrocities committed by the nazi regime.

The ordinary germans were no more responsible directly for the holocause than the ordinary english for the great hunger , but both of your elites were , and both of those elites represent your respective nations.

So dont take it personally.

...but wether you like it or not , your nation is tainted with this atrocity from history just as the germans are with the holocaust.
I don't disagree with a lot of that,however a couple of points you told me a short time ago that I shouldn't mention the war  ;) it's in the past.

Secondly Gerry keeps bringing this up and slagging the English in relation to the here and now,I just give him some in reply and no I don't take it personally or get angry (dyna) if you're reading this  :P.

Only time I get the hump is over people with a learning dis being crapped on and yeah do get angry then but  freely admit it.......I don't apologise for getting angry over that but don't intend to take it out on anyone individually on here when I do but that's another story we all have our fuses.

Lastly this
Quoteyour nation is tainted with this atrocity from history just as the germans are with the holocaust.
I've never thought we we were whiter than white in our history along with a lot of other European colonial powers we were just better at it as a whole (and I don't mean all just bad stuff) which we are still resented for by those who weren't as successful or have gone on to be as bad.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2020, 08:21:28 AM
Oh hello Thomas where have you been? good to see you back ....I think  :) :) :)

Im about cromwell , just keeping busy at the minute .

:)

QuoteIt wasn't a dig and your post illustrates precisely my point,it wasn't the English......it was a handful of people.

First of all as i pointed out , it wasnt a famine. The way people put it in england when talking about their mythological history is that it was some tragic act of god that couldnt be helped. Thats the equivalent of the germans saying the holocaust was an oxygen famine , both ridiculous reinterpretations of deliberate slaughter.

As i pointed out in my previous post , it was a deliberate thought out policy of the anglo british elite against the irish people. Not just once , it was something like 12 "artificial famines" contructed against the irish over a century.

The potato blight was merely a cover over which to hide behind.

No difference between what the british did in ireland in the mid nineteenth century to what the germans did in europe a century later during the holocaust , except maybe the british were a bit more subtle about it , and lacked the technology the germans did .

QuoteIt wasn't a dig and your post illustrates precisely my point,it wasn't the English......it was a handful of people.

Dont agree , you are arguing semantics cromwell and let me explain.

No cant on this earth blames joe bloggs in a bedsit in manchester for the great hunger in ireland , just as no cant in the world blames heinrich in a bedsit in berlin for the holocaust.

When people generalise about "the english" , they are generally reffering to the british or anglo elite , and their deliberate policies. We all generalise like this , and so do you cromwell.

For example i know you dont dislike the german people , but i have heard you and many others talking about "the germans" when discussing incidents about the second world war which sometimes include atrocities committed by the nazi regime.

The ordinary germans were no more responsible directly for the holocause than the ordinary english for the great hunger , but both of your elites were , and both of those elites represent your respective nations.

So dont take it personally.

...but wether you like it or not , your nation is tainted with this atrocity from history just as the germans are with the holocaust.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on November 24, 2020, 06:05:18 PM

Isn't Wales technically considered a holding pen? I'm sure it says so in ancient law somewhere.. "

Not really.

In 1130 the practice of allowing criminals the English state found embarrassing the opportunity to abjure the English realm was established by William the Bastard.

This required the criminal exiled from the English realm instead of being executed to wade into the sea waist deep on every day a vessel was not available to take him from England, as a demonstration of his will to leave.

When Australia became a dumping ground for England's convicts, there was a damn good reason one of the dumpsites was New South Wales.

Because South Wales has been a dumping ground for English criminal trash since 1130.

And I'm a Viking.

We were the people who set up the process.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 24, 2020, 06:05:18 PM
Alex Jones salutes you too. ;D

Isn't Wales technically considered a holding pen? I'm sure it says so in ancient law somewhere.. "and there we should let the sheep shaggers congregate and roll around holding their leeks.."

Wow. And is this how it is now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/piccadilly-gardens-wall-extended-permanent-16044008.amp

I think calling it an asylum was a compliment, it's like a crazed santa zippy asylum grotto thingy. You could say they are mad fer it.  :D
Sadly this is how it is and more money set to be wasted to make it worse,the wall is used for drug dealing and other criminal activity,TBH central Manchester is in so many ways reverend Ndbaningi

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on November 24, 2020, 04:05:00 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuljlCg7g98&t=3m50s

You don't wanna go to America, the Dems want to abolish any form of animals and especially the cows. And they want to rebuild buildings with tiny windows.

Also they want to abolish the suburbs (he said that elsewhere to be fair).

His mate Roger Stone said that Bill Clinton sounds like Bill Cosby and that's why he needs locking up (I'm not joking), and that Obama is a satanic guy who smells of sulphur. I think Alex Jones said that originally though..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4_qYg4UOU
I wouldn't wind him up for a minute or two, people like Trumpy believe they cannot lose and he may well be sending B52's on mission of fear and intimidation, which could backfire on everyone horribly.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on November 24, 2020, 05:37:38 PM
Parallel universe is impossible, I bet they ain't.

Alex Jones salutes you too. ;D

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 24, 2020, 05:42:28 PM

Yeah, but the bits I fancy moving to are so much a wilderness I can walk for a month without seeing anyone ...

That's an asylum I'd check into ...

Isn't Wales technically considered a holding pen? I'm sure it says so in ancient law somewhere.. "and there we should let the sheep shaggers congregate and roll around holding their leeks.."

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2020, 05:29:20 PM
Yeah well the asylum moved to the town hall,the labour authority spent a small fortune on new comfy seats for their fat backsides whilst cutting services,they also built a homage to the Berlin Wall.
Look up wall in Piccadilly gardens,like I say the loons are in power.

Wow. And is this how it is now?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/piccadilly-gardens-wall-extended-permanent-16044008.amp

I think calling it an asylum was a compliment, it's like a crazed santa zippy asylum grotto thingy. You could say they are mad fer it.  :D
+++

DeppityDawg

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2020, 04:21:19 PM
The US is a large asylum.

Yeah, but the bits I fancy moving to are so much a wilderness I can walk for a month without seeing anyone ...

That's an asylum I'd check into ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 24, 2020, 04:29:34 PM
Kind of like Piccadilly Gardens then.  :P

https://themanc.com/feature/piccadilly-gardens-was-once-home-to-a-huge-lunatic-asylum/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/piccadilly-gardens-lost-lunatic-asylum-18783507.amp
Yeah well the asylum moved to the town hall,the labour authority spent a small fortune on new comfy seats for their fat backsides whilst cutting services,they also built a homage to the Berlin Wall.
Look up wall in Piccadilly gardens,like I say the loons are in power.

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 24, 2020, 04:05:00 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuljlCg7g98&t=3m50s

You don't wanna go to America, the Dems want to abolish any form of animals and especially the cows. And they want to rebuild buildings with tiny windows.

Also they want to abolish the suburbs (he said that elsewhere to be fair).

His mate Roger Stone said that Bill Clinton sounds like Bill Cosby and that's why he needs locking up (I'm not joking), and that Obama is a satanic guy who smells of sulphur. I think Alex Jones said that originally though..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4_qYg4UOU
The US is a large asylum.