Re: Forget the past it's the here & now and other off topic stuff

Started by Dynamis, November 24, 2020, 02:10:12 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 03:41:10 PM
OK I give up,I'm arguing/ have better things to do/called you a spammer/am angry/never actually said that colonialists exploit/ Gerry isn't a pita and should actually be made a saint and you're not a badger and I defend all massacres and  genocide done by Brits but constantly point to others misdeeds oh and nearly forgot Biden isn't a daft old Irish American T@@@ who whines about us breaking agreements and hush my mouth don't mention the yanks have broken more peace agreements and treaties than anyone (ask the native Americans) still theyre not like Gerrys lot are they,never exploited and robbed and by that logic Biden should eff off back to Ireland along with everyone else whence they came,see how this works ? Of course not anyway must be off have to get some sack cloth and ashes and indulge in a bit of self flagellation toodle pip and cheerio old bean  :) :) :)p.s. and nearly forgot deliberately picked the user name Cromwell to annoy Irishmen everywhere because he was another b'stard

Exactly!  ;D
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 03:31:30 PMWe can't all be as good at it/as much of a **** as you are.     

I'll take that as a compliment then?  ;)

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 03:41:10 PMOK I give up,I'm arguing/ have better things to do/called you a spammer/am angry/never actually said that colonialists exploit

You forgot 'Liberal tosspot'  :D :D :D

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 03:14:30 PM
Not sure why you're getting so finicky here. Not sure why saying "if you have hetter things to do then that's ok" is now interpreted as a dig.

My (some say) spamming the forum is well-known and I'm pointing out you can leave it if you want, I'm not going to badger you into a reply if you don't want to. But you're turning that into an argument..

Gerry may have brought it up but A) you split this thread B) you replied to Thomas saying colonialism is not so bad in response to him saying our nation's history is bloody.

Now you say we weren't "massacring 24/7 exploiting".

We were 24/7 exploiting actually. That's kind of the point of colonialism. And as for mzssacres why not look to your history up north and see how we massacred your folks who demanded a change to this exploitative system?

That's deeply shameful history, our govt massacred and exploited us most of all. With others treated as even lesser..

OK I give up,I'm arguing/ have better things to do/called you a spammer/am angry/never actually said that colonialists exploit/ Gerry isn't a pita and should actually be made a saint and you're not a badger and I defend all massacres and  genocide done by Brits but constantly point to others misdeeds oh and nearly forgot Biden isn't a daft old Irish American T@@@ who whines about us breaking agreements and hush my mouth don't mention the yanks have broken more peace agreements and treaties than anyone (ask the native Americans) still theyre not like Gerrys lot are they,never exploited and robbed and by that logic Biden should eff off back to Ireland along with everyone else whence they came,see how this works ? Of course not anyway must be off have to get some sack cloth and ashes and indulge in a bit of self flagellation toodle pip and cheerio old bean  :) :) :)p.s. and nearly forgot deliberately picked the user name Cromwell to annoy Irishmen everywhere because he was another b'stard

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 25, 2020, 03:18:04 PM
Tbf though, he's not alone - most liberals are always bleating about how we are all bastards too !

Like the old saying goes. "If you are going to be a ****, make sure you are good at it"  :D :D :D

We can't all be as good at it/as much of a **** as you are.  :D :D :D :D
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 02:48:33 PMGerry he was exploited and wants to complain about it constantly in the here and now and link it to Brexit and how we were bstards then and still are now

Tbf though, he's not alone - most liberals are always bleating about how we are all bastards too !

Like the old saying goes. "If you are going to be a ****, make sure you are good at it"  :D :D :D

Borg Refinery

Not sure why you're getting so finicky here. Not sure why saying "if you have hetter things to do then that's ok" is now interpreted as a dig.

My (some say) spamming the forum is well-known and I'm pointing out you can leave it if you want, I'm not going to badger you into a reply if you don't want to. But you're turning that into an argument..

Gerry may have brought it up but A) you split this thread B) you replied to Thomas saying colonialism is not so bad in response to him saying our nation's history is bloody.

Now you say we weren't "massacring 24/7 exploiting".

We were 24/7 exploiting actually. That's kind of the point of colonialism. And as for mzssacres why not look to your history up north and see how we massacred your folks who demanded a change to this exploitative system?

That's deeply shameful history, our govt massacred and exploited us most of all. With others treated as even lesser..

+++

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 02:16:29 PM
If you've got better things to do, don't respond, I don't mind.
Ok. Have it your way. And it's not "mandatory" to respond to this post either..
No it isn't mandatory and you misinterpreted again,where did I say I had better things to do?

To repeat in answer to you saying I was reluctant to reply I actually said I had other things to do than jump immediately to reply please explain how that became I had better things to do?

I didn't say it wasn't so bad either I said we were the biggest and best colonial power and not just at the bad stuff ergo we weren't  massacring 24/7 exploiting ? Sure that's what empires do,just as the Romans and all the others and you have it your way colonialism was exploitative but it did bring infrastructure to places you know like Roman roads here.

And what don't you get with Gerry bringing it up not me but oh dear don't contradict dear old Gerry he was exploited and wants to complain about it constantly in the here and now and link it to Brexit and how we were bstards then and still are now.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2020, 02:09:42 PM
Look Crom isn't reluctant (I have other things to do than jump to your twice misinterpreting what I actually said) and Sheeps is correct I'm not feeling guilty for some thing that happened a while ago but to answer your question.

My point was colonialism happened and it wasn't all bad,we were good and not at just the bad stuff (meaning we had the biggest empire and the others like to point and complain eg France Germany Spain Portugal who are pissed off because we were the most successful and they did plenty of bad colonial stuff right? and the bloody yanks pointing the finger and who became the exploiters later then?)

Right so I went on to say it was all really founded by Spanish nicked gold being in turn nicked by us which is what the analogy was about,have you got it now.
If you don't get that it's a bit rich them whining with their track record then I can't help you any more.

If you've got better things to do, don't respond, I don't mind.

I'm just saying it sounds like you need to repeat this thing that it's not so bad, why do you? Is anyone here Spanish?

You are saying colonialism "wasn't all bad". Well good luck selling that to the Irish, or Scots, or countless others around the world who ain't gonna hear none of it.

"Forget the past" you say while raking over it and insisting 'colonialism was not all bad'.

Ok. Have it your way. And it's not "mandatory" to respond to this post either..

+++

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 11:31:07 AM
So what does this really mean?

Lastly this  I've never thought we we were whiter than white in our history along with a lot of other European colonial powers we were just better at it as a whole (and I don't mean all just bad stuff) which we are still resented for by those who weren't as successful or have gone on to be as bad.

A good example Spain plundered the gold,we stole a lot of it from them and is how it all started......am I supposed to apologise for that,sod that.

If someone burgled a house and nicks some jewellery and on his way home is mugged am I supposed to be sorry  :)

Sounds like you're saying you're not sorry for the "bad stuff".

And you shouldn't be "sorry" as it's the govt of the day's fault, but perhaps you could express some understanding that, you know, our govt did inexcusable sick things and many in our govt now think it should be celebrated. It shouldn't.

If that's a wrong interpretation of your post, then explain because you really haven't made it clear.

If a Romanian said we did bad things, but others did bad things too and I'm not going to apologize, we just weren't as successful, you'd go nuts.
Look Crom isn't reluctant (I have other things to do than jump to your twice misinterpreting what I actually said) and Sheeps is correct I'm not feeling guilty for some thing that happened a while ago but to answer your question.

My point was colonialism happened and it wasn't all bad,we were good and not at just the bad stuff (meaning we had the biggest empire and the others like to point and complain eg France Germany Spain Portugal who are pissed off because we were the most successful and they did plenty of bad colonial stuff right? and the bloody yanks pointing the finger and who became the exploiters later then?)

Right so I went on to say it was all really founded by Spanish nicked gold being in turn nicked by us which is what the analogy was about,have you got it now.
If you don't get that it's a bit rich them whining with their track record then I can't help you any more.

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on November 25, 2020, 12:03:48 PM
Thanks sheepy I knew I could rely on you pal.

So can you not bring yourself to give a crap what our govt did supposedly in our name when really it wasn't in our name at all? Personally, I would rather condemn them and say it was a terrible thing.

Crom seems reluctant to condemn it as a terrible event in our history. Why not just say it was a shit thing to do, others did terrible things too but none of it is excusable, and move on without ever feeling any guilt at all..

..instead of going on about the Spanish? Just saying.
I know it's a bugger isn't it; some people just won't accept it was in their name. That barrel of guilt magics must be wearing off then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on November 25, 2020, 11:51:40 AM
Look Dyno, I have this barrel load of guilt going cheap, although it is nothing to do with you personally, it is a magic barrel load of guilt. How much do you want to buy? oh, all of it. Fine it is yours for a knockdown price.

Thanks sheepy I knew I could rely on you pal.

So can you not bring yourself to give a crap about what our govt supposedly did in our name when really it wasn't in our name at all? Personally, I would rather condemn them and say it was a terrible thing.

Crom seems reluctant to condemn it as a terrible event in our history. Why not just say it was a shit thing to do, others did terrible things too but none of it is excusable, and move on without ever feeling any guilt at all..

..instead of going on about the Spanish? Just saying.

Hmm, I don't think the sheep nip is wearing off though. Oh well, nevermind.
+++

Sheepy

Look Dyno, I have this barrel load of guilt going cheap, although it is nothing to do with you personally, it is a magic barrel load of guilt. How much do you want to buy? oh, all of it. Fine it is yours for a knockdown price.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!