A question of efficiency.

Started by Nick, November 24, 2020, 10:21:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on November 25, 2020, 10:30:35 AMIt's interesting to think that God is Himself on the same trajectory as us although much further ahead. Who is to say that experimentation starts and ends with us? If life and learning is deemed eternal then 'experiments' may be too.

Do you think your god is still learning?
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 25, 2020, 10:26:10 AM

I'm guessing to provide a number of parallel opportunities to "press this button and see how things turn out..."

It's interesting to think that God is Himself on the same trajectory as us although much further ahead. Who is to say that experimentation starts and ends with us? If life and learning is deemed eternal then 'experiments' may be too.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 24, 2020, 10:43:15 PM
That's a defective answer. Why would He make useless duplicates?

I'm guessing to provide a number of parallel opportunities to "press this button and see how things turn out..."
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 24, 2020, 10:43:15 PM

LOL How do you know that they are useless? Can you see into eternity and to how they will develop? Mankind with their minimal knowledge in the great scheme of things has no concept of what eternity looks like.

Nalaar

There's an old quote that goes something like 'of all the complexity in the universe, the billions of galaxy's full of billions of stars, the complexity of each physical and biological system known, stretching across time spans inconceivable...and through all this the all-knowing all-powerful creator is concerned about you, and most especially concerned about what you do while naked.'  ;D
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 24, 2020, 10:32:30 PM
Why would anyone think that He would only make a one off world/universe? I don't.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 24, 2020, 10:21:46 PM
The Hubble Deep Field, an extremely long exposure of a relatively empty part of the sky, provided evidence that there are about 125 billion (1.25×1011) galaxies in the observable universe and the fact there are a 100 billion stars in our galaxy suggests that a lot of work has been done for nothing.
Why would someone (God) create trillions of stars and planets if no other life exists in the universe?

Why would anyone think that He would only make a one off world/universe? I don't.

Nick

The Hubble Deep Field, an extremely long exposure of a relatively empty part of the sky, provided evidence that there are about 125 billion (1.25×1011) galaxies in the observable universe and the fact there are a 100 billion stars in our galaxy suggests that a lot of work has been done for nothing.
Why would someone (God) create trillions of stars and planets if no other life exists in the universe?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.